Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,900 members, 7,918,929 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 05:42 PM

I Want To Be A Football Coach. Is It Possible? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Want To Be A Football Coach. Is It Possible? (537 Views)

Torkuma Chihe Promise: Gunmen Kill Football Coach Mboma In Benue (Photo) / Types Of Nigerians You Will See At A Football Viewing Centre (Memes) / Referee Kills Player In Malawi During A Football Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Be A Football Coach. Is It Possible? by Love800(m): 6:42am On Sep 23, 2022
I have been wanting to be a footall coach but dont know how to go about it. I mean the process and whatever tins i would still do. Pls who has an idea abt it?
Re: I Want To Be A Football Coach. Is It Possible? by WowSweetGuy(m): 6:57am On Sep 23, 2022
You can start easily by coaching under 10 kids with passion for football. Then register them in any football tournament of such age. If you do well you are already building a profile on your coaching CV. Then keep upgrading from there until u get to the top.
Re: I Want To Be A Football Coach. Is It Possible? by robinso01(m): 7:27am On Sep 23, 2022
Make i ask first. Are you in nigeria or abroad?
Re: I Want To Be A Football Coach. Is It Possible? by Love800(m): 8:22am On Sep 23, 2022
In nigeria
robinso01:
Make i ask first. Are you in nigeria or abroad?
Re: I Want To Be A Football Coach. Is It Possible? by robinso01(m): 8:30am On Sep 23, 2022
Love800:
In nigeria

Make i no lie you. It is a waste of time here,i'd have said it's good if you were to be in abroad.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Football Coach. Is It Possible? by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:44am On Sep 23, 2022
Love800:
I have been wanting to be a footall coach but dont know how to go about it. I mean the process and whatever tins i would still do. Pls who has an idea abt it?

The National Institute For Sports is the institution that produces coaches in Nigeria.

You have to gain admission there.

If you are a professional athlete, you can study for their 3-month Basic Certificate of Coaching.

If you are not a professional athlete, you will need to do their 1-year Advanced Certificate of Coaching.

They were the ones that produced Amodu Shaibu, former Super Eagles coach.

They also produce referees/umpires for several sports: Football, hockey, cricket, tennis, etc.

Browse about them, and make enquiries.
Re: I Want To Be A Football Coach. Is It Possible? by HarlequinLekex: 8:55am On Sep 23, 2022
robinso01:

Make i no lie you. It is a waste of time here,i'd have said it's good if you were to be in abroad.
Yes it is true,to get a coaching job here na padi padi even the job self salary unpaid stories,as a coach in nigeria the probability of u getting recognition in africa is very low not to talk of europe@love800 with that uefa coaching license you can navigate around europe to countries of low racism if racism is in action,the uefa license is more valuable than the africa license,you having an african license will seems as if you are not a modern coach in the eyes of the european clubs you seek job to;which is very true

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Football Coach. Is It Possible? by Love800(m): 10:33am On Sep 23, 2022
Can u list some of the few challenges i will face here(nigeria)
in trying to become one
robinso01:

Re: I Want To Be A Football Coach. Is It Possible? by Love800(m): 10:39am On Sep 23, 2022
Wat do u mean by professional athlete. And wer is dis place located. Tank u
BluntTheApostle:

The National Institute For Sports is the institution that produces coaches in Nigeria.

You have to gain admission there.

If you are a professional athlete, you can study for their 3-month Basic Certificate of Coaching.

If you are not a professional athlete, you will need to do their 1-year Advanced Certificate of Coaching.

They were the ones that produced Amodu Shaibu, former Super Eagles coach.

They also produce referees/umpires for several sports: Football, hockey, cricket, tennis, etc.

Browse about them, and make enquiries.

Re: I Want To Be A Football Coach. Is It Possible? by dangerousd071: 1:45pm On Sep 23, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32PVSAK6CoE
Guys do you know the historical reason behind Manchester Derby

Who do you think will win this coming Derby between the two Manchesters
Re: I Want To Be A Football Coach. Is It Possible? by seunsiju(m): 1:57pm On Sep 23, 2022
Love800:
NIS is in National Stadium Surulere Lagos
Re: I Want To Be A Football Coach. Is It Possible? by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:51am On Sep 24, 2022
Love800:

Sorry for the late response. I was offline almost all yesterday.

Professional athlete is someone (athlete, footballer, basketballer, etc) who does sports as a paid job, and not just as a hobby or for leisure.

The National Institute For Sport is in Lagos and Abuja.

Just search them on Google. They will provide better information than I could do.

(1) (Reply)

What Would Have Happened If Kolo Muiani Had Scored That Goal He Missed / Burna Boy Gifts Thierry Henry Diamond 'gambo' Necklace - Pulse Sports / Ghana Team To Be Honoured By Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.