Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,911 members, 7,949,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 08:23 PM

What I Have Learned From Nairaland(nigerian Men) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What I Have Learned From Nairaland(nigerian Men) (855 Views)

I’ve Learned- A Must Read Motivational And Life Lessons!!!!!!!!! / 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland / Nigerian Men And Urinating Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Have Learned From Nairaland(nigerian Men) by 9jafetish(f): 3:26pm On Aug 13, 2011
Now i am more obsessed more than ever with marriage ever since i came to this site,but at the same time i am thinking of marrying a non nigerians now.

1.Nigerian men love 15-16 year olds

2.Nigerians man will dump you for a naive 18 year old

3. they expect you to be ten years younger then them( like eww i am 19 now, i don`t think i would want to date a 29-31 year old, he wouldn`t want to have any fun)unless he pays my school fees for me,and buys me anything i want.

4.you must submit to them even before your own babies.

5. they yell a lot.

seeing this all i have to say is thank god i am only half Nigerian.Also that nigerian men are not the only men in the world. cheesy
Re: What I Have Learned From Nairaland(nigerian Men) by r231(m): 3:29pm On Aug 13, 2011
9jafetish:

Now i am more obsessed more than ever with marriage ever since i came to this site,but at the same time i am thinking of marrying a non nigerians now.

1.Nigerian men love 15-16 year olds

2.Nigerians man will dump you for a naive 18 year old

3. they expect you to be ten years younger then them( like eww i am 19 now, i don`t think i would want to date a 29-31 year old, he wouldn`t want to have any fun)unless he pays my school fees for me,and buys me anything i want.

4.you must submit to them even before your own babies.

5. they yell a lot.

seeing this all i have to say is thank god i am only half Nigerian.Also that nigerian men are not the only men in the world. cheesy

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

maybe the ones in your school

all in all you need HELP
Re: What I Have Learned From Nairaland(nigerian Men) by alosiby92(f): 3:40pm On Aug 13, 2011
so true, I feel the same way, not so much about nairaland but more about Nigerian men.
I have also learnt that:
1) Nairaland is not a dating site, but some people claim it is and try use it to hook up otherwise.
2) It may just be me but Nigerian men seem to be vulgar with language and expect too much from their female counterparts, when they are not talking about nyashing and the likes.
3) there are some sound minded guys but not the ones that comment too frequently on forums
4) fact: white guys do tend to be better looking and more romantic than ur average 9ja brother.I'm tempted to start looking beyond the borders
5) yes, they do yell alot.
6) whats with the agbaya age difference? why must u be soooooooo many years older than me?
7) they epect perfect looking babes with flat tummies but are FAR from the description in general.
I'm fully nigerian, but brought up elsewhere so the above are my sentiments and have somewhat put me off nigerian men for now.
Re: What I Have Learned From Nairaland(nigerian Men) by EuroMeko(m): 3:43pm On Aug 13, 2011
I take issue with a few points you raised and I will address them one by one.

Let's start with this, at a mere 19 years age the last thing on your mind should be marriage, IMHO. Do you have a career established or a business? How are you going to hold your own in the families financial growth? These are serious and not off the cuff questions.

(1) A wild generalization though you did not use the work ALL. As a Nigerian Male, not claiming to speak for ALL Nigerian males, but I prefer someone in my age group that looks much longer for her age. So a 35 year old Woman that has taken care of her body and looks like a 19 year old is the ideal mate for me. I think you might be confusing youthfulness with calendar age. This is not unique to Nigerian Men by the way.

(2) A Man is only as faithful as his options. Not all 18 year olds a naive, I've met some highly intellectual 18 year olds and some dumb as a rock 40 year olds.

(3) Yes we do. It's not illegal. I take offense at the last sentence though. So you are basically changing your position as long as you get some monetary benefit/value out of it? You're trading your ideals for money. So a Man is a manwhore if he dates someone 10 years younger but you're Miss Princess if you date a 29 year old as long as he's paying your school fees. Okay I get it.

(4) Not sure about that. But I will tell you this, you need to expand your dating circle.

(5) Well maybe they're trying to get their voices heard above the okadas and maruwas lol

Listen, My 1st Ex Wife is an American, my 2nd Ex Wife is a Briton, there is nothing holding you down to only marry your race. Go forth, Girl, date internationally, enjoy your youth.

Stop thinking about marriage until you're in your early 30's.
Re: What I Have Learned From Nairaland(nigerian Men) by 9jafetish(f): 4:32pm On Aug 13, 2011
alosiby92:

so true, I feel the same way, not so much about nairaland but more about Nigerian men.
I have also learnt that:
1) Nairaland is not a dating site, but some people claim it is and try use it to hook up otherwise.
2) It may just be me but Nigerian men seem to be vulgar with language and expect too much from their female counterparts, when they are not talking about nyashing and the likes.
3) there are some sound minded guys but not the ones that comment too frequently on forums
4) fact: white guys do tend to be better looking and more romantic than your average 9ja brother.I'm tempted to start looking beyond the borders
5) yes, they do yell alot.
6) whats with the agbaya age difference? why must u be soooooooo many years older than me?
7) they epect perfect looking babes with flat tummies but are FAR from the description in general.
I'm fully nigerian, but brought up elsewhere so the above are my sentiments and have somewhat put me off nigerian men for now.

yes they are impossible.
Re: What I Have Learned From Nairaland(nigerian Men) by 9jafetish(f): 5:30pm On Aug 13, 2011
EuroMeko:

I take issue with a few points you raised and I will address them one by one.

Let's start with this, at a mere 19 years age the last thing on your mind should be marriage, IMHO. Do you have a career established or a business? How are you going to hold your own in the families financial growth? These are serious and not off the cuff questions.

(1) A wild generalization though you did not use the work ALL. As a Nigerian Male, not claiming to speak for ALL Nigerian males, but I prefer someone in my age group that looks much longer for her age. So a 35 year old Woman that has taken care of her body and looks like a 19 year old is the ideal mate for me. I think you might be confusing youthfulness with calendar age. This is not unique to Nigerian Men by the way.

(2) A Man is only as faithful as his options. Not all 18 year olds a naive, I've met some highly intellectual 18 year olds and some dumb as a rock 40 year olds.

(3) Yes we do. It's not illegal. I take offense at the last sentence though. So you are basically changing your position as long as you get some monetary benefit/value out of it? You're trading your ideals for money. So a Man is a manwhore if he dates someone 10 years younger but you're Miss Princess if you date a 29 year old as long as he's paying your school fees. Okay I get it.

(4) Not sure about that. But I will tell you this, you need to expand your dating circle.

(5) Well maybe they're trying to get their voices heard above the okadas and maruwas lol

Listen, My 1st Ex Wife is an American, my 2nd Ex Wife is a Briton, there is nothing holding you down to only marry your race. Go forth, Girl, date internationally, enjoy your youth.

Stop thinking about marriage until you're in your early 30's.

i understand and okay.

BOUT THE Value and ideal thing, ppl will change for money.
Re: What I Have Learned From Nairaland(nigerian Men) by Pysam(m): 6:47pm On Aug 13, 2011
u can say all u feel like @ list dats all u know u are just 19years old, u need to change your environment nd the kind of friends u keep .you should also stop watch the kind of movies u re exposed i think they av negatively informed u.

(1) (Reply)

What Are Your Goals This 2012? / Seun Pls Help / Countdown To Nairaland,s1millionth member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.