Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,120 members, 7,887,245 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:53 AM

A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment (5401 Views)

Graduate Trainees 2022 Jobs Currently Ongoing - A Thread For Ongoing Job Updates / Three Farm Workers That Can Drive Motorcycle/tricycle/car Needed In Ogun State / Thread For those Invited for 2019 INEC Adhoc Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Rich4god(m): 7:54am On Sep 24, 2022
Greetings...

Though I dont know if this is the right section to post this thread, but I brought it here anyway, hopefully to meet the right audience.

Over time, I have been trying to learn web developemnt, its getting to a year plus that I made up my mind to learn it, but I havent made any reasonable progress at all.

My tight job schedule and lack of motivation have been a key barrier towards it. Now I believe that if I have like minded people who share same goal with me, we could encourage one another and achieve something meaningful.

THE GOAL IS TO BECOME A FULLSTACK DEVELOPER

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by portplus: 8:00am On Sep 24, 2022
Rich4god:
Greetings...

Though I dont know if this is the right section to post this thread, but I brought it here anyway, hopefully to meet the right audience.

Over time, I have been trying to learn web developemnt, its getting to a year plus that I made up my mind to learn it, but I havent made any reasonable progress at all.

My tight job schedule and lack of motivation have been a key barrier towards it. Now I believe that if I have like minded people who share same goal with me, we could encourage one another and achieve something meaningful.

Please what are the baby steps for a starter?
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Rich4god(m): 8:02am On Sep 24, 2022
We can do this by picking a topic/course to learn during the week, then gv assignment that will be submitted at weekend either on saturday or sunday. We can meet virtually through zoom or watsapp for about two hours, to discuss the assignment, make corrections, adjustment and also to check our progress. Then select the next topic and assignment for the coming week.

Each week topic and assignment will not be too demanding. We will make it in such a way that if we spend an hour a day learning and practicing, one can be able to meet up and complete the assignment before weekend.
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Rich4god(m): 8:04am On Sep 24, 2022
portplus:

Please what are the baby steps for a starter?

Me self na baby starter...

But it all depends on what you want to learn and your goal for learning it.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Rich4god(m): 8:06am On Sep 24, 2022
Like I said earlier, the goal is to become a FULLSTACK DEVELOPER

So we will start with Front End the move to Back End.
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Qtrpst4: 8:20am On Sep 24, 2022
See guys, whatever you want to go into, I will advice to start with web design, then move into whatever aspect you want to go into.
For web design, you begin with frontend before back end.
Web design can be divided into three: frontend, back-end and database
Front end is the part people can see and it includes html, css and any of Java, javascript, python, php, C, C++ C#
Back-end includes: php, python, nodeJs, Java and their frameworks
Database include mongoDb, SQL etc.

I will advice you to download html and css courses of netninja from YouTube or buy his course on udemy, you can also get for Jonas schetman on udemy. These are good teacher.

If you get any other question I go answer when I get time

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by TheMensch(m): 8:28am On Sep 24, 2022
I'm in this bro
I'll be starting Alx Africa on Monday,, though I don't know how it'll be. Maybe I'll be posting updates here
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Rich4god(m): 8:48am On Sep 24, 2022
Qtrpst4:
See guys, whatever you want to go into, I will advice to start with web design, then move into whatever aspect you want to go into.
Front end is the part people can see and it includes html, css and any of Java, javascript, python, php, C, C++ C#

I will advice you to download html and css courses of netninja from YouTube or buy his course on udemy, you can also get for Jonas schetman on udemy. These are good teacher.

We are definately following your advice. Like I said earlier, we will kick start with front end development.
So we will learning HTML CSS for a start....

Thanks so much bro... I really appreciate your input. I want to believe that you are into tech already so permit me to ask "if you will be our coach on this journey?".

We will also have platforms for sharing files and other materials that will be helpful.
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Rich4god(m): 8:49am On Sep 24, 2022
TheMensch:
I'm in this bro
I'll be starting Alx Africa on Monday,, though I don't know how it'll be. Maybe I'll be posting updates here

Welcome on board bro...

Its now me and you. We are targeting twenty members.

When we are complete, we will create a watsapp group and meeting details on zoom for easy communication.
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by shalom4eva(m): 8:50am On Sep 24, 2022
I am in too, though started basic back end development on Coursera some weeks back but work schedules stopped me from continuing. We can decide on the particular YouTube video to download so we can all be on the same page
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Rich4god(m): 8:53am On Sep 24, 2022
shalom4eva:
I am in too, though started basic back end development on Coursera some weeks back but work schedules stopped me from continuing. We can decide on the particular YouTube video to download so we can all be on the same page

Great....

That makes 3 of us.

When we hit 20, we will start.
Or if we are unable to reach 20, we will start with the number available after waiting a while.
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Rich4god(m): 9:00am On Sep 24, 2022
Its also good to note that our learning wont be in a haste.

We will be on a SLOW AND STEADY MODE... So if your blood dey hot for fast learning, plz with due respect, make you no put us under pressure.

Also, members are expected to possess the following.

Laptop
Good Internet Connection and the finance to maintain it.
Willing to dedicate at least 1hr a day for learning and practice and also at least 2hrs during weekend for general discussion.

Other parameters and mode of learning will be outlined by the general house when we are about to start.

CC:
shalom4eva
TheMensch

BCC:
Qtrpst4
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Erums(m): 1:48pm On Sep 24, 2022
Hello guys.. I'm in.. Interested in web design... Add me up... Got all tools available
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by shalom4eva(m): 1:48pm On Sep 24, 2022
Nice one.
I think when we are enough let's create a WhatsApp or telegram group for easy dissemination of information.

[qwuote author=Rich4god post=116963348]Its also good to note that our learning wont be in a haste.

We will be on a SLOW AND STEADY MODE... So if your blood dey hot for fast learning, plz with due respect, make you no put us under pressure.

Laptop
Willing to dedicate at least 1hr a day for learning and practice and also at least 2hrs during weekend for general discussion.

Other parameters and mode of learning will be outlined by the general house when we are about to start.

CC:
shalom4eva
TheMensch

BCC:
Qtrpst4[/quote]
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Ejirekenny: 2:32pm On Sep 24, 2022
shalom4eva:
Nice one.
I think when we are enough let's create a WhatsApp or telegram group for easy dissemination of information.

[qwuote author=Rich4god post=116963348]Its also good to note that our learning wont be in a haste.

Laptop

CC:
shalom4eva
TheMensch

BCC:
Qtrpst4

I'm interested in web development too, please you can help me send the link to join the group chat to tharmeetwins@gmail.com.
Thank you.
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Bobbyjay001(m): 4:27pm On Sep 24, 2022
Rich4god:

Welcome on board bro...

Its now me and you. We are targeting twenty members.

When we are complete, we will create a watsapp group and meeting details on zoom for easy communication.

I am in too bro
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Emmanuel909090: 4:38pm On Sep 24, 2022
Educative
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by sageb: 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2022
Qtrpst4:

Apt
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by babalymato: 4:58pm On Sep 24, 2022
Also with you
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Amosebere: 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2022
I'm interested.
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Iamcute(m): 5:44pm On Sep 24, 2022
Rich4god:
Greetings...

I am interested too
How and where do we begin from please?
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Eleyigidgan: 5:52pm On Sep 24, 2022
Rich4god:

We are definately following your advice. Like I said earlier, we will kick start with front end development.
So we will learning HTML CSS for a start....

Thanks so much bro... I really appreciate your input. I want to believe that you are into tech already so permit me to ask "if you will be our coach on this journey?".

We will also have platforms for sharing files and other materials that will be helpful.
can a Whatsapp group be created for this or we just make use of this platform?
I started with html but alongside I lost out due to the nature of my job (7-5).
but i can restart.
came across a thread you once created on how you used Just HTML to build a website
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by kolly1628: 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2022
Interested too
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Hersserbi3(f): 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2022
Interested too
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 24, 2022
Interested
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Rich4god(m): 11:00pm On Sep 24, 2022
Ejirekenny:

I'm interested in web development too, please you can help me send the link to join the group chat to tharmeetwins@gmail.com.
Thank you.

That makes us four

C:
Ejirekenny
shalom4eva
TheMensch

BCC:
Qtrpst4
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Rich4god(m): 11:01pm On Sep 24, 2022
joshcode:
Interested

5 of us.
C:
Ejirekenny
shalom4eva
TheMensch
Joshcode

BCC:
Qtrpst4
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Rich4god(m): 11:04pm On Sep 24, 2022
CC:
Ejirekenny
shalom4eva
TheMensch
Joshcode
Hersserbi3
kolly1628
Eleyigidgan
Iamcute
Amosebere
Bobbyjay001
Erums

BCC:
Qtrpst4
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Rich4god(m): 11:06pm On Sep 24, 2022
Rich4god:
C:
Ejirekenny
shalom4eva
TheMensch
Joshcode
Hersserbi3
kolly1628
Eleyigidgan
Iamcute
Amosebere
Bobbyjay001
Ejirekenny

BCC:
Qtrpst4

Great... We have gotten to 12 in number. That's a dozen

Plz read the requirements very well. Hope it's what you can do

If not, it's not too late to reconsider.
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by newcommer: 12:56am On Sep 25, 2022
Rich4god:
Greetings...

I'm interested please
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Frankitibobo: 5:33am On Sep 25, 2022
I'm interested ooo
Re: A Thread For 8-5 Workers That Wnt To Learn Or Diversify Into Tech/webdevelopment by Rich4god(m): 6:01am On Sep 25, 2022
CC:
Ejirekenny
shalom4eva
TheMensch
Joshcode
Hersserbi3
kolly1628
Eleyigidgan
Iamcute
Amosebere
Bobbyjay001
Erums
newcommer
Frankitibobo

BCC:
Qtrpst4

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Exactly Is The Salary Of A Graduate In NIA / Female Admin Executive Needed / Niger Delta Power Holding Company Internships 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.