Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,485 members, 7,937,418 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 01:56 AM

What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller (3416 Views)

UNN Mass Communication Students Glamorously Sign Out After ASUU Strike / One Week After ASUU Suspension Of Strike: Students Yet To Resume / ATBU Circular On The Resumption Of Academic Activities After ASUU Strike. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by Mammangaddafi(m): 7:04am On Sep 26, 2022
How soon is the court going to attend to their appeal? That's my only concern because i know they will definitely loss the appeal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by greenmonk: 7:41am On Sep 26, 2022
budaatum:

No need to be sorry. I'm still not giving you any education for free. Though if you were to be honest with yourself you'd admit to hardly ever reading what I've written.

Next time you do read what I write, share or quote it so we all know you've read please, and correct me where you think I've written it wrong. And as a bonus, comment on what you read so we can know if you've understood it or not.

Thanks in advance.
you really write very badly for a lecturer

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by HitRun(m): 8:47am On Sep 26, 2022
brightest5050:

You would have read to understand my point of view and not reading because you want to reply. The 7 month salary arrears is a major reason the union went on indefinite strike when government invoked the 'no work no pay policy'. The union deserve the Earned Academic Allowance and they deserve to be paid up till the last penny.

There was no salary arrears before the union went on strike so obviously salary arrears cannot be a reason for the initial strike that was came into effect Feb 14th.

When I said the pay you are clamouring for is it the salary arrear for 7 month they sat at home, it was actually a rethorical question but been that you answered no then I will ask these questions:

A) F.g not paying ASUU for the 7 month of the strike is it justified?

B) Or should FG pay ASUU for the 7 month strike on compassionate ground (any compassion whatsoever) but not because the union has the right to be paid for these 7 month?

Your answer to question A) and B) use it to answer if the union declaring indefinite strike because of 'no work no pay policy' of government is a good reason for a union that "want to save public institution from collapse"

A: No. it is not justified because they have worked partially.

B. Paying for those months they are on strike should not be termed compassionate, it is their right.

An academic’s job description in Nigeria is teaching, research, and community service. Members of ASUU only stopped offering the first out of the 3 services. Unless the FG (and all other self appointed assistant FGs) can prove that members of ASUU stopped offering the remaining two services, they have to pay.

I can assure you that members of ASUU can prove that they have been offering the other two services. At least I have assisted a couple of persons pay publication fees for journal papers within the last 7 months (Their money, I only facilitated the transactions because of dollar restriction palaver). If that isn’t proof enough that members of ASUU are working, I wonder what else can be proof enough.
Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by GeneralBuhari: 8:51am On Sep 26, 2022
AsuuKiller:
Something you guys don't understand is

Nobody is aiming to victimise anyone and hopefully it doesn't come to that

But Lecturers can wake up any day and decide to forestall the lives and plans of millions of students , including the bus / shuttle drivers , Shop owners on campus .

And at the end of the day they go Scott free and get fully paid everytime

I believe the government is aiming to end not just this strike , but future strikes also

This is exactly what I hate most about these frequent ASUU strikes.

The lecturers at the end of the day lose nothing, and that makes them to continue seeing going to strikes and getting FULLY paid at the end of it all as their right.

That culture of impunity just has to stop.

4 Likes

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by GeneralBuhari: 8:59am On Sep 26, 2022
HitRun:

B. Paying for those months they are on strike should not be termed compassionate, it is their right.

An academic’s job description in Nigeria is teaching, research, and community service. Members of ASUU only stopped offering the first out of the 3 services. Unless the FG (and all other self appointed assistant FGs) can prove that members of ASUU stopped offering the remaining two services, they have to pay.

I can assure you that members of ASUU can prove that they have been offering the other two services. At least I have assisted a couple of persons pay publication fees for journal papers within the last 7 months (Their money, I only facilitated the transactions because of dollar restriction palaver). If that isn’t proof enough that members of ASUU are working, I wonder what else can be proof enough.

Look at you.

This entitlement mentality that it is your right to get paid after every of your numerous strikes MUST stop this time around.

In case you have forgotten, you guys declared a total strike.

Which means that NO WORK was done.

You take so much pride in calling yourselves "intellectuals" but in essence you guys are not even that smart.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by rusher14: 9:51am On Sep 26, 2022
budaatum:

No need to be sorry. I'm still not giving you any education for free. Though if you were to be honest with yourself you'd admit to hardly ever reading what I've written.

Next time you do read what I write, share or quote it so we all know you've read please, and correct me where you think I've written it wrong. And as a bonus, comment on what you read so we can know if you've understood it or not.

Thanks in advance.

You really are a lecturer?

I'm sorry, but you write very badly for one if so.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by ghettochild(m): 10:26am On Sep 26, 2022
AsuuKiller:

Something you guys don't understand is

Nobody is aiming to victimise anyone and hopefully it doesn't come to that

But Lecturers can wake up any day and decide to forestall the lives and plans of millions of students , including the bus / shuttle drivers , Shop owners on campus .

And at the end of the day they go Scott free and get fully paid everytime

I believe the government is aiming to end not just this strike , but future strikes also
That's the negative impact of strike action all over the world...
They'd still get paid.
We have a bad government in Nigeria... A government that doesn't care of bout the masses.
I live in South Africa n do u know how much primary school teachers earn monthly
Do u know students go to university on bursary funds??
We have more resources than South Africa yet they better us in terms of infrastructure,agriculture,education,transportation inshort in everything.
Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by oshonwambada: 10:43am On Sep 26, 2022
budaatum:

Call off the strike and educate you for free and with no pay?

I hope you know that if you pay peanuts only monkeys would apply, and last time I checked monkeys teach nonsense.

Please know that you can not steal the education in my head without compensating me because I am far too educated for that. If I weren't you wouldn't be asking me to educate you.
Make we hear word abeg.Many intelligent people are roaming about with no job.That you are one of the privileged ones to secure a job doesn't make you more intelligent than others.Lecturer this lecturer that

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by oshonwambada: 10:44am On Sep 26, 2022
Jessewizy:
It surprises me how people just wake up and create stupid threads. If you’re not a lecturer, you’ll not understand the plights of these people. ASUU have been crying in time past about how the government keeps reneging on agreements but we all look away like it doesn’t concern us, but when they strike, fools starts calling ASUU bad names.
Make we hear word abeg.Who doesn't know how to lecture?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 26, 2022
ghettochild:

That's the negative impact of strike action all over the world...
They'd still get paid.
We have a bad government in Nigeria... A government that doesn't care of bout the masses.
I live in South Africa n do u know how much primary school teachers earn monthly
Do u know students go to university on bursary funds??
We have more resources than South Africa yet they better us in terms of infrastructure,agriculture,education,transportation inshort in everything.
have you checked the population of South Africa and compared it to that of Nigeria? All you people do is one-sided comparisons

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by hardbody: 11:32am On Sep 26, 2022
AsuuKiller:
There has to be a better way to communicate lecturers interests rather than the "Stone age" methods of strikes and Blackmail .

Similar to bandits that kidnap Innocent people and demand ransom

Lawyers don't grant stay of execution, it is a prerogative of the courts. I am quoting a post you referenced.

1 Like

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by hardbody: 11:41am On Sep 26, 2022
AsuuKiller:

Lol FG might "De-register them" due to the auditing account issue . Thereby killing them

I am not exactly opinionated on this ASUU/FG imbroglio but i am just wondering

a. If our finances were not stolen by the high and mighty
b. If our monies were not frittered away by people in power stealing them and putting the blame on monkeys and snakes
c. If we did not encourage oil theft (either by action or inaction)
d. If we did something about NNPC ineptitude
e. If we punished criminal crimes and not released governors imprisoned for financial crimes
f. If the Minister of Petroleum was not the President
g. If we could get wind-falls from the Russia/Ukrainian fracas

Could things have been different?

What are both parties (ASUU/FG) doing badly and which needs to be changed?
Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by budaatum: 11:53am On Sep 26, 2022
oshonwambada:
Make we hear word abeg.Many intelligent people are roaming about with no job.That you are one of the privileged ones to secure a job doesn't make you more intelligent than others.Lecturer this lecturer that

I sent you, so do blame me for your joblessness please.
Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by budaatum: 11:58am On Sep 26, 2022
brightest5050:

A) F.g not paying ASUU for the 7 month of the strike is it justified?
Of course it is justified! No work no pay.

brightest5050:
B) Or should FG pay ASUU for the 7 month strike on compassionate ground (any compassion whatsoever) but not because the union has the right to be paid for these 7 month?
Yes Government should pay ASUU if ASUU can make them, though they don't have the right to be paid, see above.

brightest5050:
Your answer to question A) and B) use it to answer if the union declaring indefinite strike because of 'no work no pay policy' of government is a good reason for a union that "want to save public institution from collapse"
That last bit is very misguided and needs correction.

You went to primary and secondary school, I believe, and I bet your teachers there were not working to save any institution from collapse, but were working for their own salary to pay their own rent and eat some food and pay school fees for their own children, so why would you think an ASUU lecturer is some sort of saint who wants to save some institution from collapse, please?

Did your ASUU lecturers build the institution so they now want to save public institution from collapse? And why is government not saving public institution from collapse by paying it's workers?

Please do not delude yourself that ASUU lecturers give a flying fùq about saving public institution from collapse, because, like the baker and the brewer and the butcher, the only thing ASUU lecturers want to save is their own personal selfish interest!

1 Like

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by budaatum: 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2022
greenmonk:

you really write very badly for a lecturer

rusher14:

You really are a lecturer?
I'm sorry, but you write very badly for one if so.

budaatum:

Thanks in advance.
Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by AsuuKiller: 12:21pm On Sep 26, 2022
hardbody:

Lawyers don't grant stay of execution, it is a prerogative of the courts. I am quoting a post you referenced.

Oh I never said lawyers give stay of execution

I asked if it is Denied by the appeal court , can it be gotten from the Supreme court

Or they are referred back to the industrial court and the former injunction stands
Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by AsuuKiller: 12:23pm On Sep 26, 2022
GeneralBuhari:

This is exactly what I hate most about these frequent ASUU strikes.

The lecturers at the end of the day lose nothing, and that makes them to continue seeing going to strikes and getting FULLY paid at the end of it all their right.

That culture has to stop.

Aswear I've personally experienced three strikes already adding up to almost 2 years

Like how

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by AsuuKiller: 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2022
hardbody:

I am not exactly opinionated on this ASUU/FG imbroglio but i am just wondering

a. If our finances were not stolen by the high and mighty
b. If our monies were not frittered away by people in power stealing them and putting the blame on monkeys and snakes
c. If we did not encourage oil theft (either by action or inaction)
d. If we did something about NNPC ineptitude
e. If we punished criminal crimes and not released governors imprisoned for financial crimes
f. If the Minister of Petroleum was not the President
g. If we could get wind-falls from the Russia/Ukrainian fracas

Could things have been different?

What are both parties (ASUU/FG) doing badly and which needs to be changed?

Perhaps sha

But it's quite impossible to say at this point since most of the above events have already occurred ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by hardbody: 12:32pm On Sep 26, 2022
AsuuKiller:

Oh I never said lawyers give stay of execution

I asked if it is Denied by the appeal court , can it be gotten from the Supreme court

Or they are referred back to the industrial court and the former injunction stands

Boss i saw, read and understood what YOU said, i only responded to a comment you referenced. No worries.
Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by saintkel(m): 2:58pm On Sep 26, 2022
AsuuKiller:
There has to be a better way to communicate lecturers interests rather than the "Stone age" methods of strikes and Blackmail .

Similar to bandits that kidnap Innocent people and demand ransom
when is d appeal court ruling coming?
Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by HitRun(m): 2:59pm On Sep 26, 2022
GeneralBuhari:

Look at you.
[[/b]b]
This entitlement mentality that it is your right to get paid after every of your numerous strikes MUST stop this time around.

In case you have forgotten, you guys declared a total strike.

Which means that NO WORK was done.

You take so much pride in calling yourselves "intellectuals" but essence you guys are not even that smart.

You are speaking to emotions. When you go to a court, you will have to show how total strike means no work. Let me however enlighten you on what total strike means; it means no teaching, no project supervision, no examination of any kind, no departmental, college or academic committee meetings, etc.

They are entitled because it is their money. They should have no apologies for that.

You say they are not smart? Let us wait and see whether FG will pay or not. After all the noise, they will pay that money. In any case, this 7 month (or whatever month) salary issue is just a distraction, there are more important issues - the main reason for the strike in the first place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by AsuuKiller: 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2022
grin grin grin

Many more to come

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by AsuuKiller: 4:28pm On Sep 26, 2022
saintkel:
when is d appeal court ruling coming?

I'm not really sure , but it will most likely be within the week

But basically the appeal will be denied , even the stay of execution will be struck out

It's very clear at this point

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by JJuanMiguel: 6:01pm On Sep 26, 2022
HitRun:

Refer to your strike memo, i think you are going against the directives of the ASUU excos.
It was stated clearly there that it should be a "total and comprehensive" strike, and all those things you stated up there that you've done and many more should be stopped.
Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by JJuanMiguel: 6:07pm On Sep 26, 2022
HitRun:

You are speaking to emotions. When you go to a court, you will have to show how total strike means no work. Let me however enlighten you on what total strike means; it means no teaching, no project supervision, no examination of any kind, no departmental, college or academic committee meetings, etc.

They are entitled because it is their money. They should have no apologies for that.

You say they are not smart? Let us wait and see whether FG will pay or not. After all the noise, they will pay that money. In any case, this 7 month (or whatever month) salary issue is just a distraction, there are more important issues - the main reason for the strike in the first place.
ASUU main issue is money and more money.
Majority of you are lamenting now on how you can't teach on empty stomachs now.
If FG refused to pay the 7 months sit at home money, ASUU can't do anything more than to remain at home for more months without salary.

The court of appeal will refer ASUU to NIC and that will be the end of the road

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by HitRun(m): 6:21pm On Sep 26, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

If FG refused to pay the 7 months sit at home money, ASUU can't do anything more than to remain at home for more months without salary.

The court of appeal will…

I leave it at that.
Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by AsuuKiller: 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Hello can I get the link of the article you screenshoted I want to read the full passage

Thanks cool
Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by HitRun(m): 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Refer to your strike memo, i think you are going against the directives of the ASUU excos.
It was stated clearly there that it should be a "total and comprehensive" strike, and all those things you stated up there that you've done and many more should be stopped.

Were you the person who issued the memo? If not, then you do not have any basis for defining what ‘total and comprehensive’ means.
Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by BadGenius(m): 6:37pm On Sep 26, 2022
budaatum:

Only fools would mind those who want to reap where they have not sown.

You, Sir, have honoured me. I am humble.

So you know it's only fools that would mind those who want to reap where they've not sown, and you are clamouring for lecturers to be paid for the period they've not worked for

No insults, but i think your brain dey leak.
Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by JJuanMiguel: 6:46pm On Sep 26, 2022
HitRun:

Were you the person who issued the memo? If not, then you do not have any basis for defining what ‘total and comprehensive’ means.
Lol
Apart from that phrase, they went on to highlight all those things you said you have been doing and more, that it should all be stopped. Like i said it was item 5 on the memo

If this issue should get into the court again, a 300L law student can easily represent fg and use that document to trash out this cliche of "research and community service"
Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by budaatum: 7:21pm On Sep 26, 2022
BadGenius:

So you know it's only fools that would mind those who want to reap where they've not sown, and you are clamouring for lecturers to be paid for the period they've not worked for

No insults, but i think your brain dey leak.

I think your brain is shut because nowhere did I say lecturers should be paid for work they have not done. But if the lecturers are smart, and if the government is as stupid as most claim they are, I do hope the lecturers manage to get paid for work they have not done.

Read it below so your brain can open a bit please. We would not want the money your hard working parents already paid for you to be educated to go to waste.

And thanks for your "no insults". It's appreciated.

budaatum:

Of course it is justified! No work no pay.

Yes Government should pay ASUU if ASUU can make them, though they don't have the right to be paid, see above.

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by oshonwambada: 8:52pm On Sep 26, 2022
budaatum:

I sent you, so do blame me for your joblessness please.
Am not jobless and am more intelligent than you think so stop making it look as if being a lecturer is a big deal cos if FG should sack all striking lecturers,many more better hands will apply and take over

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is Not Dubai But Uyo City, Nigeria / Sample Of Ballot Papers & Ballot Boxes For 28th March & April 11th 2015 Election / Part Time Program Ond And Hnd Of Gateway Poly At Ikeja Study Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.