Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,659 members, 7,979,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 02:08 AM

Us Citizen Wanting To Visit Or Possibly Move To Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Us Citizen Wanting To Visit Or Possibly Move To Nigeria (3716 Views)

Visit Or Live In Europe,asia,canada And Us / Need A Visa For Studies, Business, Visit Or Settlement? Or Have You Made An : / Places You'll Like To Visit Or Have Visited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Citizen Wanting To Visit Or Possibly Move To Nigeria by luvtbaby(f): 1:57pm On Aug 19, 2011
Regardless of the facts. How else do you live and thrive without money? Don't try to make this thread something that it is not please.
Re: Us Citizen Wanting To Visit Or Possibly Move To Nigeria by akinbimatt: 3:54pm On Aug 19, 2011
@luvtbaby,mail me,we can move 4rm there!
Re: Us Citizen Wanting To Visit Or Possibly Move To Nigeria by luvtbaby(f): 5:00pm On Aug 19, 2011
I actually inboxed you yesterday. If it's a serious and legit opportunity then I can post my email here for all to see.
Re: Us Citizen Wanting To Visit Or Possibly Move To Nigeria by akinbimatt: 5:28pm On Aug 19, 2011
@luvtbaby,sorry ur msg enters my spam.I hardly check my spam.I just reply u.check ur mail
Re: Us Citizen Wanting To Visit Or Possibly Move To Nigeria by luvtbaby(f): 9:36pm On Aug 19, 2011
What is it that you are trying to figure out?
Re: Us Citizen Wanting To Visit Or Possibly Move To Nigeria by OneONYX: 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2011
@luvtbaby, As a Nigerian, I must apologize for some of the ignorant responses you've gotten in this thread. I live in New York, and after experiencing the plight of some AA folks, I think I may understand why you have a yearning to move to Africa (I've always wondered why more middle class AAs don't consider this move too). Of course you know Nigeria's not as developed as the US or Europe, so why are people still saying crap.

The truth is you can really have a valued and fulfilling life in Nigeria (I bet that's what you're looking for), you can have the type of openness, community and status that you desire. With your qualification and experience, I think you have a good chance of getting a job in the many International non-governmental organisations in Nigeria (e.g PATH), you could also reach out to multinational corporations with branches in Nigeria. I worked as an auditor when I was in Nigeria and I met a lot of foreigners who work in Lagos as top executives in companies over there, they all seem to be living at a higher standard than they would in their countries and some of them actually stated that fact!

Just my two cents!
Re: Us Citizen Wanting To Visit Or Possibly Move To Nigeria by luvtbaby(f): 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2011
Thanks @OneONYX. Very realistic, yet sound advice. I felt for a moment that I had reached a dead end with this thread and almost turned my back. The truth of the matter is I would love to live somewhere in Africa. The common denominator there and everywhere is no matter where the location, there is always going to be a dislike. So again thanks for the advice and of course I will take it all into consideration. I will follow through on that company and any other corporations I find as I continue to work toward my dreams.
Re: Us Citizen Wanting To Visit Or Possibly Move To Nigeria by johnkent(m): 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2011
luvtbaby:

Sure I do. Otherwise I wouldn't post anything here. I gotta find a source of income before the big move.

U might live in the states but u sure weren't raised in the states. Just the way you write tells it all.
Re: Us Citizen Wanting To Visit Or Possibly Move To Nigeria by luvtbaby(f): 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2011
You can't be serious! Do you realize how diverse the cultures are here? Apparently not. In different areas of the country, we talk differently. I'm from the southeast which means our style of English is very different that someone say from New York. I am born and raised in the states. Besides all of that, you could have kept your post because it is so insignificant right now.
Re: Us Citizen Wanting To Visit Or Possibly Move To Nigeria by Meddler(f): 11:50am On Aug 25, 2011
Speaking from experience you will need a decent amount in savings to cushion the blow depending on where you plan on settling. If ure looking at Abuja or any where else for that matter, focus on finding accommodations. Especially Abuja. It is really important. Rent in Abuja is extremely over priced and you don't usually get what you pay for if you catch my drift. Another one is job prospects: not very encouraging. In the States it could take up to six months to get a decent job with or without contacts. Not the same here. There are ppl who have been looking for jobs for almost 5 years with no luck and yes these are also college graduates. Job hunting in Nigeria is mostly through contacts and networking. My advise plan a course of action before taking the plunge. If you can get a job and find a decent accommodation, I believe ure halfway thru in ur preparation. All else can be taken of in Nigeria. Good luck.

(1) (2) (Reply)

CERPAC Information / Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know / 10 Must See Places In Mauritius

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.