Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,424 members, 7,888,311 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 02:24 AM

PDP Crisis: I’ll Continue To Stand With Wike — Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crisis: I’ll Continue To Stand With Wike — Ortom (682 Views)

‘i’ll Continue Making You Restless’, Fubara Fires Fresh Shot At Wike’s Camp / Wike, Ortom, Ugwuanyi, Ikpeazu, Makinde Meet In Enugu Over Peter Obi / Edo Assembly Crisis: I’ll Not Issue Fresh Proclamation - Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Crisis: I’ll Continue To Stand With Wike — Ortom by naijabetlee(m): 5:49pm On Sep 27, 2022
Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State has reiterated that he would continue to stand with his Rivers State counterpart, Governor Nyesom Wike on the injustice meted out to him and other members of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, assuring that he has not broken ties with the Rivers Governor.

He described media reports to the contrary as false and misleading.

The Governor who made the clarification Tuesday shortly after presiding over the Benue North-West Senatorial district PDP caucus meeting in Makurdi, assured that he would always be on the side of the Rivers State Governor because in would always stand on the side of truth and justice.

He said, “the news report that I disassociated from Governor Wike is misleading. I just came back from London this morning with Wike and I still maintain my stand on what I said. I have not moved away from there.

“I still sympathize with Wike for the injustices meted out to him and our group.”

The Governor further stated that “the party leadership has not been fair to Governor Wike based on the activities that took place during the convention and after the convention.

Who will win the 2023 Presidential Election? BET NOW on www.naijabet.com

“They have not been able to adequately deploy the internal conflict resolution mechanism of the party to resolve those issues.

“I still sympathize and stand with Wike and let the leadership of the party at the national level do the right thing. It is not too late to do so.

“Politics is about interest, and where your interest is not protected, you have the right to protest. We remain committed to the PDP but still want the right thing to be done so that everybody will be carried along.”

While expressing hope the nagging issues would be addressed following the initiative of the Board of Trustees, BoT the Governor said, “on the issue in contention about the National Chairman, the BoT, was here some few days ago and we deliberated on the matter. They sought to know what my feeling was about the crisis and I told them the truth as far as I am concerned.

“I gave them my recommendations and I hope that justice will be done so that our party will gain its position to take over power in 2023.”

The Governor maintained that despite the issues at the national level, “Benue State does not have any problem, from bottom to top, we are good to go. As far as our party is concerned. I am working for our candidates.”

Governor Ortom insisted that he would not work against the PDP but support every candidate, stressing “that does not mean I am not aggrieved, Wike is aggrieved and I am aggrieved too.”

On the outcome of the caucus meeting, Governor Ortom said after due consultations, a Benue North-West Senatorial campaign team for the Senate seat would be constituted; “it would be integrated into the main campaign council of PDP in the state,” he said.

Re: PDP Crisis: I’ll Continue To Stand With Wike — Ortom by Corridon: 5:50pm On Sep 27, 2022
Ortom is neither here nor there.
Re: PDP Crisis: I’ll Continue To Stand With Wike — Ortom by tope777(m): 5:51pm On Sep 27, 2022
R
Re: PDP Crisis: I’ll Continue To Stand With Wike — Ortom by KingKO22: 6:09pm On Sep 27, 2022
K
Re: PDP Crisis: I’ll Continue To Stand With Wike — Ortom by goshikid: 6:11pm On Sep 27, 2022
cheesy Apc urchin, Ortom is here to stay!!! Atiku is coming
Re: PDP Crisis: I’ll Continue To Stand With Wike — Ortom by babyfaceafrica: 6:13pm On Sep 27, 2022
Fencist... Lmao
Re: PDP Crisis: I’ll Continue To Stand With Wike — Ortom by rolams(m): 6:17pm On Sep 27, 2022
This guy is very good at making statement.

Do you notice he never mentioned Ayu's removal in his statement?

Logically, he wants a deal for Wike while Ayu's removal is not his borne of contention. He indirectly want Ayu to stay.
Re: PDP Crisis: I’ll Continue To Stand With Wike — Ortom by oyin44: 6:34pm On Sep 27, 2022
grin why are you guys feeding us with fake news

Sahara reporters
Re: PDP Crisis: I’ll Continue To Stand With Wike — Ortom by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 27, 2022
hummm
Re: PDP Crisis: I’ll Continue To Stand With Wike — Ortom by ChangetheChange: 6:47pm On Sep 27, 2022
Ortom insisted that he cannot work against PDP but he will support every candidate, emphasising “that does not mean I am not aggrieved, Wike is aggrieved and I am aggrieved too.”

“I still sympathize with Wike for the injustices meted out on him and our group.”
grin grin grin
Ortom is just using Wike's head
U stand with Wike on injustice but you will not work against the party and u will still support Atiku.
They are playing the foolish Wike like chess.
Wike is not smart enough, those Governors in his camp are spies and snitch working for Atiku in the Night
Re: PDP Crisis: I’ll Continue To Stand With Wike — Ortom by ChangetheChange: 6:50pm On Sep 27, 2022
rolams:

Logically, he wants a deal for Wike while Ayu's removal is not his borne of contention. He indirectly want Ayu to stay.
Ayu and Ortom are from the same TIV Tribe in Benue state, Ortom will be careful to draw the anger of TIV people and TIV elders over seeking for Ayu Removal.
Ortom is just playing Wike, like Ikpeazu and Ugwuwanyi are playing Wike.
They will leave Wike to carry his cross by mid November when Campaign has entered full gear

Re: PDP Crisis: I’ll Continue To Stand With Wike — Ortom by donsap648(m): 6:51pm On Sep 27, 2022
The infighting in PDP and apc must continue till Peter Obi is declared President Elect by Inec
Re: PDP Crisis: I’ll Continue To Stand With Wike — Ortom by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 27, 2022
rolams:

Una too like manufacturing things
Re: PDP Crisis: I’ll Continue To Stand With Wike — Ortom by Godfullsam(m): 7:10pm On Sep 27, 2022
This man doesn't know where he belongs.

Today, he is with Wike, the next day he will say he doesn't wake Ayu to resign. Very Unstable governor.

(1) (Reply)

Simon Ekpa Announce Guerrilla Warfare, And Hosting Of Biafra Flag From October- / Why Do Obidients Love Telling Needless Lies?? / Fani Kayode Lambast Peter Obi For Being Anti Muslim (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.