Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,123 members, 7,977,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 11:11 PM

Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates (18423 Views)

Edo PDP: Supreme Court Affirms Obaseki's Faction As Authentic Delegates / Orbih Celebrates As Court Bars INEC From Recognizing Obaseki’s Faction / Tribunal Affirms Obaseki As Governor, Dismisses ADP, 2 Other Petitions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by SlavaUkraini: 8:01pm On Sep 27, 2022
Obaseki wor wor Sha.... .. see face

1 Like

Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:01pm On Sep 27, 2022
waawu
Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:04pm On Sep 27, 2022
So Las Las the side chick will stand alone in SS
The kind wailing when he gets back from London ehn....
See how Ortom is already twerking towards Ayu
No wonder Wike didn't allow him to travel osho free with him to London this time around

1 Like

Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:06pm On Sep 27, 2022
ChangetheChange:

grin grin grin
Wike and the Wailers live band
Wike should just focus on Live Band Music after he hands over power in 2023, that is his true calling
He and his live band should go and be performing at Burial ceremonies, traditional festivals and birthday parties.
Ok boy!!
See platinum album
Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by Indispensable85(m): 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2022
Kwanza:

https://punchng.com/court-affirms-obaseki-group-candidates-nomination/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1664302295

The INEC I know will not honour this judgement. The matter is presently in the supreme court and the governor is going back to high court. Hahahahahahahaha..............

5 Likes

Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by Jostoman: 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2022
WIKE my man
Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by babyfaceafrica: 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2022
Courts are confused. Na appeal court go settle am

1 Like

Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2022
Indispensable85:

The INEC I know will not honour this judgement. The matter is presently in the supreme court and the governor is going back to high court. Hahahahahahahaha..............
Obaseki has been rubbing APC thugs, urchins and zomboids in the mud since time immemorial grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by Funflipper: 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2022
Corporate2020:
Okay. So the ugly Nigga gas divided PDP the way he did in APC

Good for them. They thought they won a trophy not knowing they were bringing home a termite infested wood.

2 Likes

Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by seunmsg(m): 8:19pm On Sep 27, 2022
This is not right. The court should have declined jurisdiction and ask the Obaseki faction to instead appeal the earlier judgement of the Federal high court.

1 Like

Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by Indispensable85(m): 8:22pm On Sep 27, 2022
fergie001:

This politics no be anybody mate at all.

garfield1 kyase agborietoye
Obaseki's defection have been halted ooooo....

The SC will not deviate. There is no point for INEC to monitor delegates elections then since they don't have anything to do there.

Why not wait for INEC to publish his faction? Lol.....I laff.

4 Likes

Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by GreyLaw(m): 8:27pm On Sep 27, 2022
Indispensable85:

Why not wait for INEC to publish his faction? Lol.....I laff.

INEC will never go against the courts. If they do the election is void.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by Indispensable85(m): 8:33pm On Sep 27, 2022
seunmsg:
This is not right. The court should have declined jurisdiction and ask the Obaseki faction to instead appeal the earlier judgement of the Federal high court.

It has even passed the court of appeal. They're now in the supreme court. Obviously INEC will ignore this judgement. They'll wait for the supreme court and take a final decision thereafter.

2 Likes

Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by seunmsg(m): 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2022
Indispensable85:

It has even passed the court of appeal. They're now in the supreme court. Obviously INEC will ignore this judgement. They'll wait for the supreme court and take a final decision thereafter.

Better.

5 Likes

Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by Timatayo1: 8:37pm On Sep 27, 2022
Wike will continue to lule
Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by Indispensable85(m): 8:39pm On Sep 27, 2022
GreyLaw:

INEC will never go against the courts. If they do the election is void.

You don't understand what's going on. INEC already implemented the judgement of a federal high court in this case and that's why the Dan orbih faction was published. The case has gone to the appeal court where they held that it's a party's internal affairs. Subsequently,the orbih faction appealed to the supreme court. So the matter is before the supreme court while my governor is going back to high court. Hahahahahahahaha..... that's why INEC will ignore it and wait for the decision of the supreme court before taking a final decision on the matter. Take your mind back to the zamfara issue. That's exactly how INEC handled it.

2 Likes

Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by Indispensable85(m): 8:43pm On Sep 27, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

Obaseki has been rubbing APC thugs, urchins and zomboids in the mud since time immemorial grin

No time for mumu jooor

2 Likes

Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by garfield1: 8:50pm On Sep 27, 2022
fergie001:

This politics no be anybody mate at all.

garfield1 kyase agborietoye
Obaseki's defection have been halted ooooo....

The SC will not deviate. There is no point for INEC to monitor delegates elections then since they don't have anything to do there.

Another high court already authenticated orbih's candidate so its a waste..justice inyang ekwo ruling will carry note weight

2 Likes

Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by garfield1: 8:53pm On Sep 27, 2022
fergie001:

The case is wrt delegates.
The SC has ruled many times that it is the domestic affairs of a Political Party and the Court is divested from that.

INEC report supports the Orbih-faction, then the matter was taken to Appeal Court, Appeal Court ruled that it is only the NWC that can submit names of delegates and not Edo PDP neither INEC.

The NWC sided with Obaseki wrt their list. Now , they went to Court armed with the Appeal Court judgement to get this ruling today.

The SC will rule on the matter on the 29th of September. I don't think they will rule something different. This is part of why Wike has been angry with Ayu but I don't sympathise with him. (Akpabio will be the Candidate in his District if the SC stands on this on Thursday)

Which primaries did inec monitor? Inec will maintain status quo till sc ruling.Aliero has lost in kebbi

1 Like

Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by Elzeeno(m): 8:54pm On Sep 27, 2022
Why did the Governor go back to the federal high court? When the supreme court is slated to deliver judgement on this same matter tomorrow? No be juju be dat?? Obaseki the chief confusionist doing what he knows how to do best.

3 Likes

Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by samdaisi: 8:59pm On Sep 27, 2022
Same federal high court same jurisdiction, it sounds barbaric and abomination.
How would you expect INEC to obey this judgement

1 Like

Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by SamOchuko: 9:16pm On Sep 27, 2022
[quote author=Kwanza post=117062273]

https://punchng.com/court-affirms-obaseki-group-candidates-nomination/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1664302295[/quote

FHC giving an order contrary to a previous order of another FHC, nor b mad all the judges, the parties, including the lawyers involved in this matter day mad so? Nor b appellate court una suppose proceed to after the order from the first FHC? Why another FHC?
Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by fergie001: 9:29pm On Sep 27, 2022
garfield1:

Which primaries did inec monitor? Inec will maintain status quo till sc ruling.Aliero has lost in kebbi
Yes, SC judgement is on Thursday, they won't do anything until then.

They monitored Orbih's.
Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by fergie001: 9:33pm On Sep 27, 2022
garfield1:

Another high court already authenticated orbih's candidate so its a waste..justice inyang ekwo ruling will carry note weight
The issue before the FHC that Ekwo ruled on was wrt delegates on April 30.

The Appeal Court upturned same without any declaration that it is the domestic affairs of a Party, i.e. on July 25.

But this particular judgement is wrt authentic Candidates not delegates. This Court based this judgement on that Appeal Court Judgement.

INEC, I believe will do nothing until the SC rules on it later this week. If the SC upholds the Appeal Court Judgement, then this judgment stands without Appeal.

If the SC says otherwise, Orbih-faction wins automatically.

1 Like

Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by garfield1: 9:36pm On Sep 27, 2022
fergie001:

Yes, SC judgement is on Thursday, they won't do anything until then.

They monitored Orbih's.

Did they monitor that of obaseki? What does their field report say?

Concerning Osun,bvas reports come directly from bvas.it is not different from what it is in the bvas...non synchronization cannot cause over voting.if there is over voting,then there is actually over voting except there was no upload from that unit.mind you,accreditation data gets to inec first before result upload
Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by garfield1: 9:38pm On Sep 27, 2022
fergie001:

The issue before the FHC that Ekwo ruled on was wrt delegates on April 30.

The Appeal Court upturned same without any declaration that it is the domestic affairs of a Party, i.e. on July 25.

But this particular judgement is wrt authentic Candidates not delegates. This Court based this judgement on that Appeal Court Judgement.

INEC, I believe will do nothing until the SC rules on it later this week. If the SC upholds the Appeal Court Judgement, then this judgment stands without Appeal.

If the SC says otherwise, Orbih-faction wins automatically.

Delegates are the foundation of any primaries...see jarigbe vs odey
Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by fergie001: 9:39pm On Sep 27, 2022
garfield1:

Did they monitor that of obaseki? What does their field report say?
Tbh, I don't even see any contestation from this judgement because they stood by a higher Court's judgement.

The SC will rule on this, and it will be final.

Concerning Osun,bvas reports come directly from bvas.it is not different from what it is in the bvas...non synchronization cannot cause over voting.if there is over voting,then there is actually over voting except there was no upload from that unit.mind you,accreditation data gets to inec first before result upload
Please leave this Osun matter, you are drawing us backwards.
Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by ofuonyebi: 9:47pm On Sep 27, 2022
going! going!! going!!!.....pdp, Wike, Atifku, Ayu...obaseki are going the drain gradually
and by 2023 into extinction!

i no go gree oooo
i no go gree oooo
is now the order of the day
everyone fighting for SELF POWER
Not for NIGERIA OR THE MEKUNUS

shame to you all ...afterall your belles don full nau?
Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by fergie001: 9:51pm On Sep 27, 2022
garfield1:
Delegates are the foundation of any primaries...see jarigbe vs odey
I agree.

What does the Court say wrt internal affairs of a Political Party?
Re: Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates by garfield1: 9:54pm On Sep 27, 2022
fergie001:

I agree.

What does the Court say wrt internal affairs of a Political Party?

Primaries are internal affairs but not immuned from the courts.the nwc can not decide as the like.it may seem the orbih candidates are on stronger footing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traders Pay ₦500 Prayer Levy At Ayangburen Market - Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos (Photo) / Freedom At Last For Otokoto Murder Suspect / Timipre Sylva Arrested By EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.