Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,881 members, 7,935,775 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 03:36 PM

Relationship Question For The Males - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Question For The Males (1082 Views)

***relationship Question*** / A Relationship Question For The Guys! / A Relationship Question For The Ladies! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationship Question For The Males by MrsChima(f): 3:33am On Aug 15, 2011
I need you (the males) to be honest with me.

I was with a group of associates today and we were having snacks/drink chit chatting about whatever you know looting in London, War in the Middle East, and Presidential Elections in America. Anyway!

The conversation went into the battle of sexes mode where a guy stated that women are confused when it come to men. He gave an example using his girlfriend who is in college and doesn't want a serious relationship until after college which is smart in my opinion. The proceeded to say that he loves his girlfriend and shows his love physically by doing things for her.

The girl stated that expression of love is emotional not physical and that when the battle of sexes mode kicked in full gear. The men stated that men show love physically by marriage, courting, impregnating, buying things, and being there physically.

Women stated that men should give more emotion rather than physical. Affection, cuddling, saying sweet poems, communicating, and doing things verbally.

My question to the males, do you guys feel that to show a woman that you love her or even like her by being physical?

How do you show your love to your wife/girlfriend?

My take on it is that when SOME men say that women should be glad that a man wants to give them children. I find that to be cocky and bullshitty. That's just like saying you are worthy of my sperm and my children. What the hell? undecided
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by deniyor: 6:42am On Aug 15, 2011
It takes a lot for guys to be there physically. That should be appreciated so should a lot of things couples do for each other that are usually taken for granted.
Of course, its okay to want more from your partner but like a yoruba song goes: he who appreciates whats done today is get more tomorrow.
Of course women are more emotional beings than Men are. A woman wants you to connect with her on the emotional level. But she's got to realise lots of men are not very good at that. So it should take baby steps to achieve.

Children should be a joint decision and should be a gift from God to both. It should be appreciated and not seen as a gift from a partner to another.
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by Tosinville(m): 7:17am On Aug 15, 2011
By giving her enuf koboko just exactly the way she want it.
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by harakiri(m): 7:26am On Aug 15, 2011
Men are pratical. Women are emotional. Two opposites. If you were to choose between the man who talks little but has a lot of responsible action OR the man who whispers all the mushy stuff women love to hear yet he can barely put bread on the table. . . Take your pick. Which of the two would you call a "REAL MAN"? Hmmm?
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by MMM2(m): 7:51am On Aug 15, 2011
op

just money and pen*s dats what i give 2 ladies angry

no love undecided
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 15, 2011
it's a delicate balancing act that is required here. A real man works on his emotional side,trying to adapt to the ways of his woman.A real woman appreciates the physical things her man does and also understands that man was created that way.
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by meteor(m): 10:06am On Aug 15, 2011
Men show luv by remaining in d relationship or marriage.
Otherwise what? Of course following d next available hotty.
Think u got it right.
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by LongOne1(m): 10:26am On Aug 15, 2011
For me it’s mostly physical, as I am not a man of many words. But I still show love by respecting her views and listening to her, even though I don’t necessarily show it at the time. When I feel she is drifting away from me, I enter her mind using the power of words to reassure her of my feelings and the reason she is mine.

I don’t believe children are gifts given by the man, that strikes me as a primitive way of thinking – who have you been hanging out with lately?
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by Wislet(f): 10:41am On Aug 15, 2011
Long One:

For me it’s mostly physical, as I am not a man of many words. But I still show love by respecting her views and listening to her, even though I don’t necessarily show it at the time. When I feel she is drifting away from me, I enter her mind using the power of words to reassure her of my feelings and the reason she is mine.

I don’t believe children are gifts given by the man, that strikes me as a primitive way of thinking – who have you been hanging out with lately?

LOL
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by yuzedo: 12:45pm On Aug 15, 2011
Mrs. Chima, did Mr. Chima know u were out with men?? Discussing. . . intimacy angry undecided
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by kpolli(m): 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2011
Poem bawo!!!! Abeg ooo, i no follow anybody do that one
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by jnrprof(m): 4:52pm On Aug 15, 2011
Though men are naturally physical beings, they also have an emotional responsibility as far as their wives/girlfriends are concerned. Any other man can provide to a woman's physical need and that doesn't necessarily signify love. If i man must be in a relationship, he must be ready to shoulder his emotional responsibility. if not, let him just stay single!
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by Effiko(m): 7:08pm On Aug 15, 2011
women go die 4 sweet words . . . . .na wa oo
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by ronkebp(f): 7:22pm On Aug 15, 2011
My dear, the ideal way or ways to show love from both sides, is being there physically and emotionally. and also being trust-worthy to an extent, but some men (especially here on Nl) na to sexitize', and that is all they know, real men and women know how to take care of a relationship.
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by MrsChima(f): 9:11pm On Aug 15, 2011
yuzedo:

Mrs. Chima, did Mr. Chima know u were out with men?? Discussing. . . intimacy angry undecided

Who said Mr. Chima wasn't with the men agreeing? undecided His Black arse was in on it too.

We weren't discussing sex. We were having a battle of the sexes debate on how men express their love for their women and how women express their love for the men.

A man mentioned that women should be happy that men are willing to give them children as a token of love. Got it now? undecided
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by MrsChima(f): 9:16pm On Aug 15, 2011
deniyor:

It takes a lot for guys to be there physically. That should be appreciated so should a lot of things couples do for each other that are usually taken for granted.
Of course, its okay to want more from your partner but like a yoruba song goes: he who appreciates whats done today is get more tomorrow.
Of course women are more emotional beings than Men are. A woman wants you to connect with her on the emotional level. But she's got to realise lots of men are not very good at that. So it should take baby steps to achieve.

Children should be a joint decision and should be a gift from God to both. It should be appreciated and not seen as a gift from a partner to another.

I have wondered that sometimes when men say that their women do not appreciate how much the men do for their wives. Maybe women and men need to communicate on a different avenue so both needs are met.

I would say that men are physical because of how you all are made of however it is the men responsibility to incorporate emotions with physical. It could be done if proper communication were in place.

I do see what you are saying though. Nice response.
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by MrsChima(f): 9:27pm On Aug 15, 2011
ronkebp:

My dear, the ideal way or ways to show love from both sides, is being there physically and emotionally. and also being trust-worthy to an extent, but some men (especially here on Nl) na to sexitize', and that is all they know, real men and women know how to take care of a relationship.

Marriage in itself is work and more to lose than a typical relationship where in most cases children aren't involved. It becomes harder when children are involved and the workload becomes more unbearable for the men because most of them are providers which mean they would have to juggle work, family, friends, and etc.

Again, I have heard men say that their wives do not appreciate how hard they work to provide for the family and that if they do not love the wives they wouldn't have bothered. I can see how men will equate love with material but in order to win their wives solely emotions must be in place.

Some women are driven by materials which why they get along with men the most however MOST women are driven by emotions which why marriages and relationships have rocky moments because of improper communication on both parts.
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by Roland17(m): 10:06pm On Aug 15, 2011
One thing i have realized over the years is that women can do anything for attention, they always want 100% attention from their man, especially if they love the man. this days sweet words and romance are no longer enticing to many women, as many ladies have heard the best words from men and have enough experience not to fall for those words.

On the flip side of the coin, African men are not good at giving too much attention to their women, its very difficult, cos some men can get irritated easily if they are hounded 24hrs by their woman, some men want space for them selves, that does not necessarily mean they do not love their woman.

In my opinion making her realize she is an important piece of u, by getting her involved in u would make her feel loved and secure, the days of Romantic words are gradually phasing out.
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by donguutti: 10:10pm On Aug 15, 2011
most Men are not really into the   emotional stuff , we are physical beings who have been brought up to keep all emotions inside,most of us can't express emotions unless it has to do with sports,and we believe in action speaks louder than words.

"Women stated that men should give more emotion rather than physical"
Affection, - i got no problems with showing affection

cuddling, -i enjoy that

saying sweet poems, -never, for no reason, not even on NL, not even a copied one,

communicating, and "doing things verbally".- can u actually DO things verbally, only GOD  does that **let there be light**
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by SAFO(m): 10:14pm On Aug 15, 2011
Men are simple creatures. There are only 4 things that I require. Sex, beer, American football on Sundays and no drama.

Give me those 4 things and I'll do whatever you need me to do for you.
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by MrsChima(f): 10:28pm On Aug 15, 2011
SAFO:

Men are simple creatures. There are only 4 things that I require. Sex, beer, American football on Sundays and no drama.

Give me those 4 things and I'll do whatever you need me to do for you.

I will give you beer and American football after you give me a lambo with tinted windows. tongue
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by pleep(m): 10:40pm On Aug 15, 2011
i show love by listening.
Re: Relationship Question For The Males by SAFO(m): 10:44pm On Aug 15, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I will give you beer and American football after you give me a lambo with tinted windows.   tongue

Yes of course. I will give you all of those things when

grin tongue kiss

(1) (Reply)

My Ex-girlfriend's Girlfriend Wants To "get Sum''. Should I Give Her? / On Her Birthday What Should I Buy For Her? / Hiya. Lets celebrate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.