Stats: 3,171,698 members, 7,882,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 11:31 PM

Itel Finally Launches A Phone With 7GB RAM: Meet The Itel S18 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Itel Finally Launches A Phone With 7GB RAM: Meet The Itel S18 (3339 Views)

Itel Launches New S18 Series (Features) / Airtel Double Data Offer - Get 3GB For N1000, 7GB For N2k / Airtel Introduces 5.5gb Data For N1500 And 7gb Data For N2000 (2) (3) (4)

Re: Itel Finally Launches A Phone With 7GB RAM: Meet The Itel S18 by LienwaltAbel(m): 11:19am On Sep 30, 2022
samsard:
Those marketing terms used to excite me when I knew less about phones. grin
I can understand why OEMs use them.
grin Sha. Dey one sell, but make Dem no dey play people like this. I know it's because their main market is from Africa, and we aren't that literate in terms of technology
Re: Itel Finally Launches A Phone With 7GB RAM: Meet The Itel S18 by LienwaltAbel(m): 11:21am On Sep 30, 2022
nongo123:
Virtual Ram is a scam, be warned. Don't let these companies scam you!!
Honestly grin. These guys want to literally rename memory virtualisation because if greed.

Re: Itel Finally Launches A Phone With 7GB RAM: Meet The Itel S18 by VKN23: 3:14pm On Sep 30, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

I didn't say it did not. Hell, if your phone has more than 4GB RAM then it must be 64Bit. My issue is with this so called scam technology. It is impossible to extend your physical RAM beyond it's normal limit. Memory virtualization is the only way to do it, and that is as old as the 90s. Heck, that shit started with Pentium or 80486.
extension of ram has been possible just that most apps with the function requires root access
Re: Itel Finally Launches A Phone With 7GB RAM: Meet The Itel S18 by LienwaltAbel(m): 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2022
VKN23:

extension of ram has been possible just that most apps with the function requires root access
Oga, you cannot extend physical RAM, it is simply impossible. The only thing that can even "extend RAM" is memory virtualisation. The harddisk is used as swapon memory to save chunks of a process memory. Make we no let nonsense dey deceive us.

Where Can I Sell My Fb Account / I Need Settings For Mig33 Editable / Live Stream Redmi Note 9 Pro, Max Launch Today - Expected Specs

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7