Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,936 members, 7,890,080 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 08:56 AM

Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra (2220 Views)

FACT-CHECK:Newspaper Claims Peter Obi Turned 50 In 2013, Why Turning 62 Now? / Ibrahim Taiwo Promoted To Major-General By Army / See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by Bonavi: 9:45am On Sep 30, 2022
There were some concerns for those who were living mostly in Awka during the time of Peter Obi as governor in Anambra. Then people were expecting his government to get Awka to meet the levels of major state capitals in nigeria which awka was far from. But Obi in his own style of leadership didnt follow that line. He gave Awka a facelift and spread the development in all the 178 communities in Anambra.

Then Anambra had three major towns which are more of glorified typical villages - Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi. Obi gave them serious facelift that these towns can conveniently compete with other major towns in Nigeria. Then he created so many other towns from the typical villages they were before his administration - Ekwulobia, Nkwele, Ogbunike, Nkpor, Obosi, Abagana, Enugu Ukwu, Nise, Amawbia, Ifite dunu, Ifite Ukpo, Aguleri etc by constructing major roads that linked these towns to one another and relocated some of the markets that made Onitsha so congested then to some of these abovementioned towns.
So someone resident in Awka that didnt know about the developmental projects going on in other places around the state obviously had concerns then.

4 Likes

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by Elmojiid(m): 9:49am On Sep 30, 2022
Pics or I don't believe.. Awon eyan transformer

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 30, 2022
Impressive

1 Like

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by OPPPS: 9:58am On Sep 30, 2022
Elmojiid:
Pics or I don't believe.. Awon eyan transformer
Don't let them feed you with usual lies. Agulu where Obi comes from has no bank . The nearest bank to Obi community is the UBA close WAEC office where you don't spend less than N400 as bus transport fee.

5 Likes

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by christejames(m): 10:00am On Sep 30, 2022
This is the Stark truth...

Most especially Ekwulobia which is now the fourth most important town in the state.

It now has its own Catholic Diocese.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by OPPPS: 10:01am On Sep 30, 2022
Dont let them feed you with lies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by hisgrace090: 10:01am On Sep 30, 2022
Peter obi is the beloved of Anambra state's dare not talk I'll of him in that state.

1 Like

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by OPPPS: 10:03am On Sep 30, 2022
christejames:
This is the Stark truth...

Most especially Ekwulobia which is now the fourth most important town in the state.

It now has its own Catholic Diocese.
Settling Catholic church is now development. No wonder Una dey rush to PH/ Lagos every second

7 Likes

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by Elmojiid(m): 10:05am On Sep 30, 2022
OPPPS:

Don't let them feed you with usual lies. Agulu where Obi comes from has no bank . The nearest bank to Obi community is the UBA close WAEC office where you don't spend less than N400 as bus transport fee.
may God bless you for this

4 Likes

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by christejames(m): 10:07am On Sep 30, 2022
OPPPS:

Settling Catholic church is now development. No wonder Una dey rush to PH/ Lagos every second

You must be daft for quoting me...

Do you know the criteria it demands an area to have a diocese? With a cathedral situated in that area?

The OP made a post about how Obi created other cities apart from the three major ones in the state and I gave you a recent example of how one of those cities is expanding you are here showing the world your ignorance and how inept you are.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by OPPPS: 10:10am On Sep 30, 2022
christejames:

You must be daft for quoting me...

Do you know the criteria it demands an area to have a diocese? With a cathedral situated in that area?

The OP made a post about how Obi created other cities apart from the three major ones in the state and I gave you a recent example of how one of those cities is expanding you are here showing the world your ignorance and how inept you are.

So Ekwulobia according to you is a city? All these Obiediots sef

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by robinso01(m): 10:26am On Sep 30, 2022
If it's Anambra development in terms of road and buildings, I'd say every towns in Anambra is developed by individuals, not mainly by their state government. You can see big houses/mansions in every Crooks and crannies of the state, even when there's bad road network.
Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by festacman(m): 10:34am On Sep 30, 2022
Bonavi:
There were some concerns for those who were living mostly in Awka during the time of Peter Obi as governor in Anambra. Then people were expecting his government to get Awka to meet the levels of major state capitals in nigeria which awka was far from. But Obi in his own style of leadership didnt follow that line. He gave Awka a facelift and spread the development in all the 178 communities in Anambra.

Then Anambra had three major towns which are more of glorified typical villages - Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi. Obi gave them serious facelift that these towns can conveniently compete with other major towns in Nigeria. Then he created so many other towns from the typical villages they were before his administration - Ekwulobia, Nkwele, Ogbunike, Nkpor, Obosi, Abagana, Enugu Ukwu, Nise, Amawbia, Ifite dunu, Ifite Ukpo, Aguleri etc by constructing major roads that linked these towns to one another and relocated some of the markets that made Onitsha so congested then to some of these abovementioned towns.
So someone resident in Awka that didnt know about the developmental projects going on in other places around the state obviously had concerns then.

You are either IGNORANT or you are a bad LIAR for including Abagana, Enugwu Ukwu, Amawbia, Nkpor, Obosi, Ekwulobia in that your list. I am not sure you have lived Anambra State. If you have, you would have known the location and status of these Towns even before Peter Obi was born. Do your campaign but don't say nonsense.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by OPPPS: 10:37am On Sep 30, 2022
Believe Obiediots at your own peril

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by Svoboda(m): 10:58am On Sep 30, 2022
Some of the roads he is listing as Obi’s project are mainly individual efforts, some community, others are constituency projects executed by nass members. I know of a town where the first tarred road was constructed by orji uzor kalu for his inlaws.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by KingKO22: 11:51am On Sep 30, 2022
Like this towns in the thread below

Only IOPB/ESN are glorifying this failure

A vote for Obituary is a vote for IPOB militants

https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing

1 Like

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by Bonavi: 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2022
OPPPS:

i believe a depraved urchin like u is still in the same hut your great grand father died in

3 Likes

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by Bonavi: 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2022
festacman:

You are either IGNORANT or you are a bad LIAR for including Abagana, Enugwu Ukwu, Amawbia, Nkpor, Obosi, Ekwulobia in that your list. I am not sure you have lived Anambra State. If you have, you would have known the location and status of these Towns even before Peter Obi was born. Do your campaign but don't say nonsense.
i dont normally quote a foolish person as u ve shown to be but then I will engage u a little. What characterises a town in your own foolish bigoted mind. probably when its better than lekki. Depraved useless urchin

3 Likes

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by Bonavi: 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2022
Svoboda:
Some of the roads he is listing as Obi’s project are mainly individual efforts, some community, others are constituency projects executed by nass members. I know of a town where the first tarred road was constructed by orji uzor kalu for his inlaws.
Well i dont blame u, u re doing the work u re paid to do and I believe its one or two persons operating all the monikers trolling this thread

1 Like

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by Bonavi: 12:54pm On Sep 30, 2022
OPPPS:

Even the urban area in Aguleri which is one of the least town among the mentioned town has three major banks - Firstbank, Access bank and Fidelity bank and other smaller financial institutions. Then Agulu that has a big higher institution and a big time world standard massive tourist hotel - Agulu lake among other investment attractions you are referring to

4 Likes

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by festacman(m): 1:01pm On Sep 30, 2022
Bonavi:
i dont normally quote a foolish person as u ve shown to be but then I will engage u a little. What characterises a town in your own foolish bigoted mind. probably when its better than lekki. Depraved useless urchin

Listing those towns showed your age and limitations of your knowledge about towns in Anambra State. I even doubt if you are from Anambra State. Do a bit of research young man.

And by the way, I am not foolish as you said in post. And the cliche "urchin" is quite bland even among the list of derogatory word. Research more!
Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by Truthisunique2: 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2022
Lol, the way una overrate this obi man

So he now creates cities by himself, how come we kept hearing "anambra everyone is billionaire" that develop their place without government
Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by Truthisunique2: 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2022
Bonavi:
i believe a depraved urchin like u is still in the same hut your great grand father died in
why are you this full of hate, curses?

Obi supporters sha cry
Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by Bonavi: 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2022
festacman:

Listing those towns showed your age and limitations of your knowledge about towns in Anambra State. I even doubt if you are from Anambra State. Do a bit of research young man.

And by the way, I am not foolish as you said in post. And the cliche "urchin" is quite bland even among the list of derogatory word. Research more!
I obviously know its a waste of time quoting a jobless fellow like u, With the 30k u morons are getting for this insensitivity to the country its not surprising white will remain black and daytime confirm night time for u and u will even be ready to swear to an Oracle for that. So am done quoting. Enjoy your little 30k while it lasts

3 Likes

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by Bonavi: 1:18pm On Sep 30, 2022
Truthisunique2:
why are you this full of hate, curses?

Obi supporters sha cry
because ur type deserves to be thrown into a fiery furnace for ur insensitivity to the plight of Nigerians in the hands of the old demons just for 30k

1 Like

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by steeltrust: 1:21pm On Sep 30, 2022
OPPPS:

so having a bank in a town is now called development lol

There’s a town in delta state called ototkutu
It well developed with big companies and industry but no bank

You have to take at list 300 to transport to the next town to get a bank

1 Like

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 1:28pm On Sep 30, 2022
Bundle of lies by children of hate.
Even Pandoradiot himself dares not refer to such achievement because he knows he never performed. Lies will not win elections.
Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by MasterShifu010(m): 1:28pm On Sep 30, 2022
If Peter Obi becomes President , we won’t suffer like we did under this current administration.
If Atiku wins , it will be thesame old PDP that we all know , but still better than the current administration.
If Tinubu wins , am not sure because I don’t trust that man , in NSCDC bosses voice “ I don’t want to tell you one thing and my oga at the top will now go and tell you another thing “.
I have my pvc and I know who to vote , if my vote likes let it count or not ,one thing must definitely happen , if we vote a good president, we all will enjoy , if we vote in a bad one , we all will join heads and suffer it together , and you all should remember that whoever wins will never step down till after 8 years , take a leaf from the book of the northerners who voted buhari.
A wise is enough for the word .
Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by maestroferddi: 1:52pm On Sep 30, 2022
festacman:

What exactly is your point?

1 Like

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by Bonavi: 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2022
maestroferddi:
what point would he have other than doing the defamation work he is paid for

1 Like

Re: Towns Peter Obi Turned From Typical Villages To Major Towns In Anambra by festacman(m): 2:00pm On Sep 30, 2022
maestroferddi:

Peter Obi didn't turn those towns from village to towns as written.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice...What Tinubu Should Be Doing When Giving Speech.....photos / Obidient Football Viewing Centers In Ilorin East Local Government(photos) / Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.