Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,420 members, 7,944,097 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 11:14 AM

Eddie Killed My Mother. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Eddie Killed My Mother. (269 Views)

My Mother In-Law (Episode 1) / How I Killed My Girlfriend / My Mother Is A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eddie Killed My Mother. by Schoolguy9(m): 9:09pm On Sep 30, 2022
All my life, I have always wanted to love these children but their father never allowed us to come close to one another! He told them so many lies about us and even told them that I am a criminal and I vowed never to let him rest but I never knew that he had another plan!
Re: Eddie Killed My Mother. by Schoolguy9(m): 9:26pm On Sep 30, 2022
CHAPTER ONE.
I was already frustrated by the time I got out from the university. In fact, even the course I went to study, I wasn't able to get. So, I was just managing anyone they gave me and I didn't have time to complain until I noticed that the country wasn't getting any better and I ran to my uncle for help. Till today, I regret the day I entered his office looking tattered. He asked me if we were on rag day, I said, No. Then he said I should get out of his office and his apprentices and some other neighbours started looking at me somehow but I decided to respect myself! I took a break and went back two weeks later. This time around, I was in the company of a friend! So, when we got there, he welcomed us and told us to place an order each of us and I requested for a pair of turkey wings while my friend asked for a wrap of suya and a can drink. So, we discussed at length before going and I was surprised. Uncle Eddie, I know, cannot suddenly change!
When I got home, I chatted one of his boys on Facebook to know what was going on and he told me that the man was recording everything in the office including how we opened our mouths, Waa and were eating pepper soup!
Re: Eddie Killed My Mother. by Schoolguy9(m): 4:54am On Oct 01, 2022
OK, I don't used to be that type of person but after I got admitted into the university, a lot of things changed! The way people saw me changed because each time I visited Oga Eddie, I found out that his safe was always under lock and key. So, I figured out that he must have realized that I was there to ask for money! At times, I would let it be, at times, I would go ahead and break the safe because I believed that I was entitled to some things there and at some other times, I would ask Chimokwe if they had anything left in the house. That was how I kept managing to survive.
Looking back now, I see his reasons for calling me a criminal but it's unfair because that was the same shop my dad managed before he died!
Problem started after my father's burial when Umunna ruled in favour of my uncle that he should keep the shop and take care of his younger brother's family alongside his own from the profits but he defaulted! God so kind, my mom had a way of getting money from her meeting people and that was how she sustained us for a very long time but now, they have known her as a chronic begger. So, there is no money coming from that side.
At times, I wonder why daddy had to die. He promised me a lot of things but it's a story for another day. By this time in my life, I should be in America but here I am salivating. Even the car he promised me for my 22nd birthday, I have gone to price it and after all said and done, death took him

Ahh!

(1) (Reply)

Untamed Young Miss - Feather's Stories / Melting My Ceo Heart - Feather's Stories / Burning Affection - Feather's Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.