Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,361 members, 7,974,504 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 06:26 AM

Nl Programming Section - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nl Programming Section (1076 Views)

Programming Section -Not Much Going On Here / Programming Section Poster Of The Year 2012 / *~ Omo-to-dun Voted Programming Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nl Programming Section by DaGimp(m): 1:52pm On Aug 15, 2011
Looking closely at the kind of post on NL, I'll suggest that this programming section be split in two.

Posts like "I wanna be a programmer" or "Which programming language is the best" should be in one section (wanna be a Programmer section perhaps).

While other post for guru's and semi gurus should be in another section, where programming and related issues should be discussed.

This NL programming section is full of "I wanna be a programmer" post which keeps repeating itself ever other week.

Just my opinion for the admin.
Re: Nl Programming Section by iGravity(m): 6:57pm On Aug 15, 2011
That would be nice if the gurus actually helped others out in programming. they spend their time arguing rather than helping.
Re: Nl Programming Section by Fayimora(m): 7:36pm On Aug 15, 2011
iGravity:

That would be nice if the gurus actually helped others out in programming. they spend their time arguing rather than helping.

There is hardly anyone with problems in this section! You hardly see people having trouble with assignment. You cant blame them!

@OP
Dividing this section into 2 smaller sections is just as good as encouraging those stuffs. The best thing would be to create a single thread and stick it. I am not allowed to delete those topics or would I say its a Nairaland policy so thats why you see them.
Re: Nl Programming Section by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 15, 2011
Re: Nl Programming Section by elomi: 8:48pm On Aug 15, 2011
@omo_to_dun. Good one. You sound mature and sound. Would like to meet with you. Are you based in Nigeria/Lagos?
Re: Nl Programming Section by Nobody: 1:50am On Aug 16, 2011
Re: Nl Programming Section by dellnet: 6:07am On Aug 16, 2011
I hate programming so much I am looking for a new career. I believe the amount of time I spend cracking my brain would do better in another field. It really sucks the brain most people I know don't end up well e.g brain tumor, arthritis, alzheimer etc.
Re: Nl Programming Section by Fayimora(m): 6:11am On Aug 16, 2011
dell_net:

I hate programming so much I am looking for a new career. I believe the amount of time I spend cracking my brain would do better in another field. It really sucks the brain most people I know don't end up well e.g brain tumor, arthritis, alzheimer etc.

hahahahahahhaa lmaooooooo LMFAOOO LOL ROTFLMAOO
Re: Nl Programming Section by DaGimp(m): 7:07am On Aug 16, 2011

All the best
Re: Nl Programming Section by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 16, 2011
Re: Nl Programming Section by dellnet: 9:45am On Aug 16, 2011
@famiyora, I am getting scared these days, is homer on a rampage here?

@da_gimp apologies I don't mean to derail your thread, like you said NL programming section is full of wannabes which keep repeating itself and the next word that popped out of my brain is overwhelmed which I somehow related it to programming too much and the result.

@omo you said it right it is addictive and fun, kind of like having the ability of a creator by creator I don't mean The Creator to all you religious people.

I think dividing it into more sections will reduce the magnitude of this section as a whole and would ultimately add more work to the moderator and we the browsers as such and also reduce our browsing experience for example I hardly go into the sub section in this section because I don't find it any useful to me.
Re: Nl Programming Section by Fayimora(m): 3:33pm On Aug 16, 2011
@dell_net yes oo he is cheesy

omo_to_dun:

Why the hell are CS books so large? Soon as you are done learning one thing, 100 more things pops up that you have to learn. Ironically, this is what makes our field so enjoyable and addictive. We have available to us an ocean of knowledge and I don't think that I can get past the shore of this ocean in this lifetime.
true true true, When people take ma ipad, they wonder if i started the whole education, Its filled up with booookss and code snippets i wrote. You learn something today, next tomorrow its old. Very annoying but fun. I love CS.

But wait, everyone always say CScientists are the laziest people on earth because they always find ways of making things do their stuffs, Aren't we actually the most hardworking group?

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think They Will Use My Resturant App ?? / Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? / What Makes Tubemate Download So Fast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.