Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,066 members, 7,919,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 08:41 AM

How Depression Almost Became My New Identity- Personal Story (pic) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Depression Almost Became My New Identity- Personal Story (pic) (250 Views)

Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) / My New Girl Friend May Leave Me Because Of My Body. / 5 Tips That Will Help Get Rid Of Depression Almost Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Depression Almost Became My New Identity- Personal Story (pic) by SimplyLovlyn(f): 2:11pm On Oct 01, 2022
My failures led to depression
I am someone who has always been involved with a lot of things, most I do to make money. And because of this, most people around me usually envy me, thinking I’m successful in all the things I do. But in reality, all the things I get myself involved with, don’t always turn out fine at the end of the day. As a matter of fact, I’ve been struggling financially. When my friends ask me about my hustle, I don’t usually have something reasonable to say. For this reason, I started doubting myself and my capabilities. I considered myself a failure. I stayed up most nights wallowing in my thoughts, thinking about how to fit in this universe, and how to find my purpose. I became depressed and felt so lost and disoriented. I often got lost in my head and thoughts and I couldn’t concentrate on anything. I struggled terribly with my mental health, which began to affect me physically.

Depression completely took over my life
Depression almost became my new identity. I tried to get myself together, but it felt like an impossible thing to do. I started to lose appetite, suffered from insomnia, spent most of my time in my thoughts, isolated myself from everyone around me, skipped classes and ignored people’s calls and text messages. I became a shadow of myself. Depression shaped the way I reasoned and viewed things. It affected my decision-making, and I made a lot of bad decisions which I regret because they affected me and the people around me. Every single day, I questioned the reason for my existence. My life was void with no meaning at all.

Challenges that came with being depressed
The challenging thing about depression for me is, it’s like a blockage. In the sense that I found it difficult to concentrate on whatever I was doing. Coming up with new ideas on tasks I worked on was more difficult than ever. I felt stuck. I tried encouraging myself on several occasions to try new things to cope with depression, to keep me sane and make meaning out of my life. But I couldn’t achieve this. The problem was...

Read more... https://mymentalhealthandi.com/how-depression-almost-became-my-new-identity/

(1) (Reply)

Use Of Non-contraceptives As Contraceptives / Checkout How And The Advantage Of Vaginal Steaming / Everything Natural

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.