Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,901 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:40 AM

Should We Be Worried About Russia's Nuclear Threat? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Should We Be Worried About Russia's Nuclear Threat? (283 Views)

Putin's Nuclear Threat. / Okay Now I Am Starting To Get Worried About This Peter Obi / Cristiano Ronaldo Worried About Lionel Messi's Football Career. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Be Worried About Russia's Nuclear Threat? by Awesometouch1: 8:29pm On Oct 03, 2022
It’s not like the Ukrainian people will go “oh well I guess we lost because _____ city is destroyed”. The Ukrainian Army would remain intact as would Ukrainian leadership. Nothing would change.

Simply put there is nothing that a nuke can do that another weapon cannot do better.

Beyond that Russian equipment is terrible. Their ships, artillery, logistics, tanks- it all disappoints. So there is a good chance that many of the Russian nuclear weapons don’t work.

2: The drawbacks are insane.

The only way nuclear bombs work is if you use lots of them. You need to nuke every city, not just 1. Nuking a single city changes nothing, nuking 2 cities changes nothing. All you do there is aggravate your enemy beyond imagination. You need to eradicate the entire enemy population or at least a ton of them to break their resolve.

What happens to Putin if he nukes 20 cities in Ukraine? How would the people of the world react to something that horrid? There would be no choice- NATO would get involved and either nuke Russia into the stone age or put troops on the ground and win the war.

But ok let’s assume Putin launches nukes. What are the drawbacks

It IMMEDIATELY draws the ire of NATO, the EU, the UN, and likely even China
It makes Putin this generation's version of Hitler. Suddenly people are willing to sacrifice whatever to see him brought down.
NATO will respond. Either they will use tactical nukes against Russian troops or conventionally enter the war and fight on the front with Ukrainian troops. Either way is a disaster for Russia

Ukrainians will be livid- more than they are now. Suddenly this is a war to the death and a grudge that everyone carries deep.
So nukes aren't very good weapons, they give Russia no advantage, and the drawbacks are serious. Russia gains nothing.

Worst-case scenario NATO nukes Moscow and Putin, his family, and his government die in nuclear fire. Best case scenario Putin just lost the war against NATO and we all know what happens to defeated Russian leaders.

So why would Putin use nukes?

Re: Should We Be Worried About Russia's Nuclear Threat? by Michelle70(m): 8:36pm On Oct 03, 2022
Wetin concern us?

Nigerians are not interested in Russia, na NATO we wan ambush

Re: Should We Be Worried About Russia's Nuclear Threat? by Onucs(m): 8:42pm On Oct 03, 2022
Putin is not Hitler.

He is just a visionary leader trying his best to ensure his country doesn't end up like Iran or Libya
Re: Should We Be Worried About Russia's Nuclear Threat? by Awesometouch1: 9:34pm On Oct 03, 2022
Michelle70:
Wetin concern us?

Nigerians are not interested in Russia, na NATO we wan fight

Hahahaha,
you must be a better clown than Basket mouth. grin

Re: Should We Be Worried About Russia's Nuclear Threat? by Michelle70(m): 9:38pm On Oct 03, 2022
Onucs:
Putin is not Hitler.

He is just a visionary leader trying his best to ensure his country doesn't end up like Iran or Libya
well there are people that worshipped devil, therefore ur comment no surprise me

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Worried About Russia's Nuclear Threat? by Onucs(m): 9:50pm On Oct 03, 2022
Michelle70:
well there are people that worshipped devil, therefore ur comment no surprise me

Lol

I know ur little brain cannot decipher the content of my comment.

But if the then leader of Iran was half as tough as Putin. Maybe the US wouldn't have been able to rain down over 50 thousand bombs on Iran killing over half a million people.
Re: Should We Be Worried About Russia's Nuclear Threat? by FaceTanke: 7:13am On Oct 04, 2022
It is not that simple
Re: Should We Be Worried About Russia's Nuclear Threat? by Awesometouch1: 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2022
Onucs:

Lol

I know ur little brain cannot decipher the content of my comment.

But if the then leader of Iran was half as tough as Putin. Maybe the US wouldn't have been able to rain down over 50 thousand bombs on Iran killing over half a million people.
When did the US rain down over 50,000 Bombs on Iran killing over half a million people?
Share the link to info.
Re: Should We Be Worried About Russia's Nuclear Threat? by Onucs(m): 6:49pm On Oct 04, 2022
Awesometouch1:

When did the US rain down over 50,000 Bombs on Iran killing over half a million people?
Share the link to info.

Weapon of mass destruction fiasco.

Ring a bell?

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Monarch, Onija Of Ijan-ekiti Receives Staff Of Office / What Is Leverage In Forex? / "Why I Disowned My Mother"_ Kemi Olunloyo's Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.