Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,492 members, 7,968,355 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 04:58 AM

Are We Not Tired? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Not Tired? (176 Views)

To My Naive Igbo Family, Are You Not Tired Of Being Disgraced? / Nigerians Are Not Tired Of Failure / 2023: Obidients Are Not Tired. See Why. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Not Tired? by Ipeche: 12:46am On Oct 05, 2022
Recently, I was at the Hamad International Airport in Qatar. This airport is adjudged as the best airport in the world in 2022 by SKYTRAX. Also, SKYTRAX named Qatar Airways as the number one airline in the world. This airline is wholly owned by the Qatari Government.

So, why is the case of Nigeria different? Why have our public companies and institutions failed over the years? The simple answer is corruption. 90% of the problems we have in Nigeria is corruption.

Nigerians are well educated and are doing fantastic in their chosen fields globally. To a large extent, Nigerians obey the laws of their host countries overseas.

But for curruption, we would have had good schools, good hospitals, good roads, improved standard of living, a disciplined society, etc.

Like Qatar, the Nigerian government would have used our common wealth to develop our dear nation. It's so shamefull where we are today compared to even some countries in Africa.

I want to lend my voice to the 2023 elections debate. The good news is, we have choices to make. These choices will either make or mar our future and the future of our children.

Except there's a contrary view, as stated earlier, 90% of Nigeria's problems is corruption. Who amongts the three presidential candidates can fight corruption to a standstill. Remember, corruption cannot fight corruption. Who doesn't know that the reason we don't have stable electricity today is due to corruption?

If I own a company, I would never employ a theif or a dishonest person.

Please let's question the source of wealth of our presidential hopefulls and their track records before casting our votes.

I also like good things. I want Nigeria to be like Qatar, Dubai, New York, London, etc.

All I want is a better standard of living. I know who I will be voting for. I am a northerner, I have not benefitted from this current government. Anyone, irrespective of his ethnicity or religion, who can give me the quality of life I envisage is the person I will vote for.

I don't think there's a perfect human being anywhere, but I think, Peter Obi, can fight corruption and provide the quality of life my family and I deserve. Please vote wisely in 2023.

1 Like

Re: Are We Not Tired? by budaatum: 1:01am On Oct 05, 2022
Ipeche:

I don't think there's a perfect human being anywhere, but I think, Peter Obi, can fight corruption and provide the quality of life my family and I deserve. Please vote wisely in 2023.

I think you should change this to "with Obi as President, we the people will fight corruption with him by not being corrupt ourselves".

Obi alone can not perform that miracle nor can any single person fight our corruption alone unless we all labour to work with him to fight our own individual corruption and that of others.

So no, we are not tired. This party has just begun so we can not and must not be tired, yet.
Re: Are We Not Tired? by Gentlechika(m): 1:11am On Oct 05, 2022
You think our politicians are the problem of nigeria, I think it is we the masses are our own worst enemies. Indeed our survival mentality is a curse!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Not Tired? by NotBeenPaid: 3:02am On Oct 05, 2022

The bulk of the blame goes to the citizens. Majority of the citizens are the problem.

(1) (Reply)

UPDATES On Nnamdi Kanu’s Release Date / Ambassador Ogbuewu: The People's Choice 2023 / Obi Mourns The Death Of Chief Vincent Ogbulafor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.