Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,513 members, 7,968,390 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 06:33 AM

"The Qatar World Cup Will Probably Be My Last" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Qatar World Cup Will Probably Be My Last" (187 Views)

Qatar World Cup To Use Semi-automated Offside Technology / North Vs South Korea: Qatar World Cup Qualifiers, The Strangest Kind Of Football / Qatar World Cup Stadium Is Made From Shipping Containers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"The Qatar World Cup Will Probably Be My Last" by plethora007: 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2022
Leo Messi is looking forward to the World Cup in Qatar with Argentina. The striker spoke to 'Star+ Latin America' and spoke about his current physical condition, PSG and his future with the Argentina national team.

Messi made clear what many don't want to hear. The World Cup in Qatar will be the last for the '10': "Yes, it will probably be my last World Cup. Surely, yes.

In the latest interview with Argentina's internationals, this time it was the turn of the PSG player, who also spoke about how Argentina will be preparing for the big event in Qatar.

"We arrived in a very good moment because of the way things happened, with a very strong squad, but anything can happen in a World Cup. All the matches are very difficult, so that's why a World Cup is so special because it's not always the favourites who end up winning or going the way you expected," he said.

For Messi, Argentina are already "candidates because of their history and what they mean", above all because of the moment in which they have arrived: "We are not the favourites. There are other teams that are ahead of us, but we are very close".

As for his start to the season at PSG, Messi said he feels "good physically" after having been able to do "a very good pre-season" which he was unable to do last season.

(1) (Reply)

Win This Weekend On Mintyn Football / Free Weekend Predictions / Okocha Lavishes Praise On ‘special Talent’ Iwobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.