Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,726 members, 7,875,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:16 PM

My Car Slips From Park Gear - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Slips From Park Gear (696 Views)

Locked Shifter: What To Do When Your Gear Lever Can’t Shift From Park Position / Park Gear Not Working / Small Crank Sound When I Move Gear From Park To Reverse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Slips From Park Gear by gentlekay2017: 12:53pm On Oct 07, 2022
Each time I park my car and put my vehicle in park on, the vehicle will slide to the front or backwards depending on how sloppy the place is, with a grinding sound from underneath the car. The gear mechanic told me its the auxiliary gear oil that have dried up, I changed it and it persisted. Now he is asking me to replace the auxiliary gear to resolve the issue. My problem is that this guy is not too straight forward in his dealings, always looking for how to dupe me through outrageous price of parts, telling lies about what he did not buy or fix etc but I think he is good at his work. The car is Toyota RAV4 1998 model, working very fine and the gear shifts very well. What are the likely issues that could warrant a vehicle to be slipping from park?
Re: My Car Slips From Park Gear by nigeriancritic1(m): 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2022
Use hand brake. Or stone brake �

1 Like

Re: My Car Slips From Park Gear by nwajesus12(m): 1:36pm On Oct 07, 2022
nigeriancritic1:
Use hand brake. Or stone brake �
simple

1 Like

Re: My Car Slips From Park Gear by Kayberg: 1:56pm On Oct 07, 2022
nwajesus12:
simple

Gbam.
Advice from his personal Kazeem.

grin

2 Likes

Re: My Car Slips From Park Gear by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 07, 2022
A mechanic requires a good education so that he can be getting updates on new techniques to fix a car that is faulty.However,most of this roadside kazeem mechanics are semi and stack illiterates.They dropped out of primary school due to their inability to read and write and are forced to learn a handwork.They uses analogue method that they learn from their masters to guess a car's fault.Most of them did not complete their training before they started their own practice.

2 Likes

Re: My Car Slips From Park Gear by lagusboyyy(m): 6:55am On Oct 08, 2022
Revolution2022:
A mechanic requires a good education so that he can be getting updates on new techniques to fix a car that is faulty.However,most of this roadside kazeem mechanics are semi and stack illiterates.They dropped out of primary school due to their inability to read and write and are forced to learn a handwork.They uses analogue method that they learn from their masters to guess a car's fault.Most of them did not complete their training before they started their own practice.
So?

Learned or your Educated,skilled or Vastly Trained mechs dont do bad jobs on vehicles?

The way Nigerians look down on people at the low spectrum of life is too bad.

Dont be surprised that these guys that you people call KAZEEM or whatever are better than your so called TUSHED guys,and they save cars the more.

Just change your perspective of life,or better still,go and listen to COMMON PERSON BY BURNA BOY.

3 Likes

Re: My Car Slips From Park Gear by 9icetoo(m): 8:20am On Oct 08, 2022
gentlekay2017:
Each time I park my car and put my vehicle in park on, the vehicle will slide to the front or backwards depending on how sloppy the place is, with a grinding sound from underneath the car. The gear mechanic told me its the auxiliary gear oil that have dried up, I changed it and it persisted. Now he is asking me to replace the auxiliary gear to resolve the issue. My problem is that this guy is not too straight forward in his dealings, always looking for how to dupe me through outrageous price of parts, telling lies about what he did not buy or fix etc but I think he is good at his work. The car is Toyota RAV4 1998 model, working very fine and the gear shifts very well. What are the likely issues that could warrant a vehicle to be slipping from park?
The parking pawl or pin in your gearbox has sheared off.

Use your hand brakes going forward.

If you had been using it, you wouldn't have lost or broken the pawl to begin with.

I hope others who don't engage their hand brakes learn from your mishap.

3 Likes

Re: My Car Slips From Park Gear by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 08, 2022
lagusboyyy:
So?

Learned or your Educated,skilled or Vastly Trained mechs dont do bad jobs on vehicles?

The way Nigerians look down on people at the low spectrum of life is too bad.

Dont be surprised that these guys that you people call KAZEEM or whatever are better than your so called TUSHED guys,and they save cars the more.

Just change your perspective of life,or better still,go and listen to COMMON PERSON BY BURNA BOY.
They guess a fault.That is why when they fix a car,the same fault persist or another fault arises.

(1) (Reply)

Washing Car During Rain Season Is Like Wasting Money. Do You Wash? / 013 Honda City For Sale / Mechanics Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.