Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,852 members, 7,872,843 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:44 PM

How Can I Get Research Experience For My Phd Program? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Can I Get Research Experience For My Phd Program? (413 Views)

Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand / Share Your Travel Experience For The New Year / Applying for Phd or a Master's Degree In US, which way is best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get Research Experience For My Phd Program? by Nvgvup: 6:16pm On Oct 07, 2022
Good evening good people of Nairaland.

I'm currently having a hard time with my Graduate studies application and that is in the area of research experience.
I studied Chemistry Education in the University and finished with first class (CGPA = 4.94) and I'll love to pursue a PhD in Chemistry (energy storage/conversion option) in the US as it has more funding options .
The only research experience i have is in education and I feel its just irrelevant to this field.

I have drafted an SOP, i have an academic CV ready, my transcript is available as well.
I will be glad if i can start my PhD this 2023. But i don't know how I can gather as much research experience that'll make my application a competitive one and I'll get funding as well.

Please, i will really appreciate any help I can get. I have been working really hard and I don't plan on giving up soon. A lot of people are looking up to me.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Research Experience For My Phd Program? by Thanos5555: 4:02am On Oct 08, 2022
grin
i dont want to discourage you bro.
when they request for your transcripts and see that it filled with Education courses and some not so standard chemistry courses.
your aplication can be rejected.

Education is far differen fron bsc ChEM

but if you have money to sponsor yourself, you dont have a problem with them. you can even study hausa and further in Engineering.

4.9 wow you did very well, just that theres nothing like Education Courses overseass, they are strictly research/industry based.

have you done your masters ?

if you are not from a wealthy home, i would beg you to meet your school and give you admission to 300l or 200l in real CHEM, youare too intelligent to waste in Education

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Research Experience For My Phd Program? by Focusmind: 5:35am On Oct 08, 2022
Why not look up for opportunities in chemistry education? Secure the PhD in that area. After that, you may pursue post doctoral research in energy storage chemistry. You have a very good GP.

Or you could start reading up research materials on energy storage chemistry and see how you could publish two or three papers in a peer review journals in energy storage. Publish on Popular ones. It may cost you money, but once your paper is published on those world known journals, it adds to your portfolio.

I have forgotten the name of that journal but it is based in Netherlands. Tree is the logo of the journal publisher.
Re: How Can I Get Research Experience For My Phd Program? by Harkstetunz: 6:50am On Oct 08, 2022
Focusmind:
Why not look up for opportunities in chemistry education? Secure the PhD in that area. After that, you may pursue post doctoral research in energy storage chemistry. You have a very good GP.

Or you could start reading up research materials on energy storage chemistry and see how you could publish two or three papers in a peer review journals in energy storage. Publish on Popular ones. It may cost you money, but once your paper is published on those world known journals, it adds to your portfolio.

I have forgotten the name of that journal but it is based in Netherlands. Tree is the logo of the journal publisher.

Elsevier is the name
Re: How Can I Get Research Experience For My Phd Program? by Harkstetunz: 6:55am On Oct 08, 2022
Dear OP,
Also check Link3d1n and lookup few people doing their graduate studies in chemistry related field in the US and rub minds with them. They may have beneficial information.

Side note: Try to take GR3 to strengthen your profile
Re: How Can I Get Research Experience For My Phd Program? by jesmond3945: 7:46am On Oct 08, 2022
Nvgvup:
Good evening good people of Nairaland.

I'm currently having a hard time with my Graduate studies application and that is in the area of research experience.
I studied Chemistry Education in the University and finished with first class (CGPA = 4.94) and I'll love to pursue a PhD in Chemistry (energy storage/conversion option) in the US as it has more funding options .
The only research experience i have is in education and I feel its just irrelevant to this field.

I have drafted an SOP, i have an academic CV ready, my transcript is available as well.
I will be glad if i can start my PhD this 2023. But i don't know how I can gather as much research experience that'll make my application a competitive one and I'll get funding as well.

Please, i will really appreciate any help I can get. I have been working really hard and I don't plan on giving up soon. A lot of people are looking up to me.
what it means you dont have published papers in the area you want to research on.
Re: How Can I Get Research Experience For My Phd Program? by Focusmind: 9:57am On Oct 08, 2022
Harkstetunz:

Elsevier is the name

Yes, you are correct.
Re: How Can I Get Research Experience For My Phd Program? by Dirtyyansh: 9:11pm On Oct 12, 2022
Follow Jarushub & Micheal Oluwafemi Taiwo.
They organise annual scholarship programs for high flyers like you.
I think Michael pay for upto 5 First class GRE Exams but it is subject to tough interviews & aptitude test.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Change My Physical Naira In UK? / Start Travel Business And Make Profit From The Multi-billion Dollar Online. / Error In Uk Work Visa Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.