Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,201 members, 7,880,741 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:19 AM

Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa (38074 Views)

Cattle Destroy 35,000 Hectares Of Rice Farm In Enugu – Officials / See Cobra Snake Caught Live In My Farm Today In Nasarawa: Video/photo / Nasarawa Flood: 10,000 Hectares Of Olam Rice Farm And Mill Destroyed (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by Ofiadiegwu: 5:15am On Oct 08, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
I fail to see the problem here, rice thrives in swampy terrain.

Thriving under water when submarged is the problem
Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by viodemus: 5:24am On Oct 08, 2022
CheapHomes1:

part of research is asking questions which i have asked you but so far, you cant answer. if you have done your research, then answering the simple questions shouldnt be a problem for you.

What has corruption got to do with the story?

where did you "hear" about the seams? was it on nairaland? does nairaland have audio that you talking about hearing?

where in the story was it stated that the seams had problems? what type of problems? how does the so called problems automatically "screams lack of maintenance"?

Sorry I normally explain when I feel like not at this time.. But the seam points and lines I was referring to was rivers basins.

I also asked about one thing Nigeria do maintain outside of corruption.
Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by 10kgod(m): 5:42am On Oct 08, 2022
whitemand4:

Swamp Rice is different from upland Rice

Swampy rice self won't be under water....

1 Like

Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by CheapHomes1: 5:49am On Oct 08, 2022
viodemus:

Sorry I normally explain when I feel like not at this time.. But the seam points and lines I was referring to was rivers basins.

I also asked about one thing Nigeria do maintain outside of corruption.

That's why I asked you these simple questions.

where did you "hear" about the seams? was it on nairaland? does nairaland have audio that you talking about hearing?

where in the story was it stated that the seams had problems? what type of problems? how does the so called problems automatically "screams lack of maintenance"?

2 Likes

Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by vickydevoka(m): 6:50am On Oct 08, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
I fail to see the problem here, rice thrives in swampy terrain.
Look out for the word submerged
Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by Olam09(m): 6:52am On Oct 08, 2022
Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by Tomek09(m): 7:08am On Oct 08, 2022
Big loss. Sad
Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by drmuchin: 7:42am On Oct 08, 2022
Everything related to BUHARI regime is catastrophic
Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by ufotunang: 1:31pm On Oct 08, 2022
So olams farms is the only rice farm and producer of rice in nigeria...if there was other big rice farms like this in other states. .this issues of more increase of price of rice due to this flood damaging the olams rice farm will not arise... that is why it's not good to depend on one investment.. because if that bussiness or investment crumbles that means it will affect many nigerians and the country..I expected there should had been many commercial rice farmers in nigeria...or what is wrong with the agriculture sector in nigeria
Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by Onuoha1234(m): 4:39pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ask Sierra Leone and Liberia they plant Upland Rice.Give our people.Upland Rice Paddy to Intercrop Nigeria will not know what to do with the abundance. You can make Rice Bread, Japanese SAKE drink.Th3 sky is the limit.
Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by Wwwq: 4:45pm On Oct 08, 2022
Oh
Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by viodemus: 7:10pm On Oct 08, 2022
CheapHomes1:

That's why I asked you these simple questions.

I have been busy to respond to you.

At first I was tight about your questions because I didn't see any technical assessment in it, but looking at your it this morning, I owe you an answer to my opinion.

Firstly, my opinion is based on more than this news report because they also want to blame the breach of the dikes on climate change. Am not arguing that climate change is not real, am just doubtful in this case.

I was an apprentice to some gentlemen and women about 8 years ago who helped people in africa and even overseas build and maintain dikes. I didn't last too long as I went on to do other mechanical endeavors. I never got to work on a large dike like this.

First off, they didn't present or reference any maintenance log report in regards to this dike, maybe there is a report and maybe not; they said "we have been battling this problem for two weeks". It was a he say/she say analysis about the condition that was referenced. In a project of this magnitude, there are no other way than a real maintenance report. The fact that this information was not included in the report screams lack of maintenance. In established places that do this ind of projects, that will be referenced in the news or behind the scenes for insurance purposes. I get the insurance people have approved their claim but the corruption part comes in when the claim was approved in just two or three weeks, without an in depth report as to how the breach occurred.

I don't know the blue print of this project, I would have liked to know the length and width of this dike, but a large dike of this magnitude has multiple bypasses to mitigate excess flooding, and considering the location near river benue and river niger.

I wish I can speak more in depth to this issue, but am busy today.

One thing i will say, the information given is minimal, Christmas is around the corner, i would not rule out sabotage in addition to natural disaster that should have been planned for. Am not even talking about the crop condition report before this breach, I know we just did that 1 million rice pyramid but could it also be that in addition to lack of maintenance on the dikes, that the crops were not farmed properly, and out of fear of not meeting their own quota, they decided to sabotage the project and cash out from insurance; and I also want to know who is backing the insurance company - is it FG or sg

To me the lack of detailed information screams lack of maintenance and possibly corruption. In this case, maybe sabotage. They leave me no room than to feel that way.
Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by CheapHomes1: 7:21pm On Oct 08, 2022
viodemus:

I have been busy to respond to you.

At first I was tight about your questions because I didn't see any technical assessment in it, but looking at your it this morning, I owe you an answer to my opinion.

Firstly, my opinion is based on more than this news report because they also want to blame the breach of the dikes on climate change. Am not arguing that climate change is not real, am just doubtful in this case.

I was an apprentice to some gentlemen and women about 8 years ago who helped people in africa and even overseas build and maintain dikes. I didn't last too long as I went on to do other mechanical endeavors. I never got to work on a large dike like this.

First off, they didn't present or reference any maintenance log report in regards to this dike, maybe there is a report and maybe not; they said "we have been battling this problem for two weeks". It was a he say/she say analysis about the condition that was referenced. In a project of this magnitude, there are no other way than a real maintenance report. The fact that this information was not included in the report screams lack of maintenance. In established places that do this ind of projects, that will be referenced in the news or behind the scenes for insurance purposes. I get the insurance people have approved their claim but the corruption part comes in when the claim was approved in just two or three weeks, without an in depth report as to how the breach occurred.

I don't know the blue print of this project, I would have liked to know the length and width of this dike, but a large dike of this magnitude has multiple bypasses to mitigate excess flooding, and considering the location near river benue and river niger.

I wish I can speak more in depth to this issue, but am busy today.

One thing i will say, the information given is minimal, Christmas is around the corner, i would not rule out sabotage in addition to natural disaster that should have been planned for. Am not even talking about the crop condition report before this breach, I know we just did that 1 million rice pyramid but could it also be that in addition to lack of maintenance on the dikes, that the crops were not farmed properly, and out of fear of not meeting their own quota, they decided to sabotage the project and cash out from insurance; and I also want to know who is backing the insurance company - is it FG or sg

To me the lack of detailed information screams lack of maintenance and possibly corruption. In this case, maybe sabotage. They leave me no room than to feel that way.

You have said so much without answering the questions.

Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by viodemus: 8:24pm On Oct 08, 2022
CheapHomes1:

You have said so much without answering the questions.

You have also not said anything which makes my convo with you not worth the time.

seams are where two joints meet, which happens to be the weakest links in a structure especially in regards to air and water.

There is no book keeping report in this news as to the condition of the dikes before this incident. The insurance was immediately approved. No word from the insurance assessment. in my opinion, that opens the door of corruption and possibly sabotage. Christmas is around the corner and now this. The lack of book keeping report is indicative of lack of responsibility, which allows for corruption as it is in many sectors of the Nigerian economy.

I don't owe you further explanation if I don't feel like, if you want to denigrate it to insults, I will respond at my own choosing. Furthermore, your post seems to me like you are not looking beyond the face value of the news, when they are openings to do so. And it screams possible corruption to me - there is a possible insurance payout. Go figure.
Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by CheapHomes1: 8:29pm On Oct 08, 2022
viodemus:

You have also not said anything which makes my convo with you not worth the time.

seams are where two joints meet, which happens to be the weakest links in a structure especially in regards to air and water.

There is no book keeping report in this news as to the condition of the dikes before this incident. The insurance was immediately approved. No word from the insurance assessment. in my opinion, that opens the door of corruption and possibly sabotage. Christmas is around the corner and now this. The lack of book keeping report is indicative of lack of responsibility, which allows for corruption as it is in many sectors of the Nigerian economy.

I don't owe you further explanation if I don't feel like, if you want to denigrate it to insults, I will respond at my own choosing. Furthermore, your post seems to me like you are not looking beyond the face value of the news, when they are openings to do so. And it screams possible corruption to me - there is a possible insurance payout. Go figure.

Where do you want to see book keeping report? Are they supposed to submit it to you?

That's why I say You have said so much without answering the questions.

Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by viodemus: 8:58pm On Oct 08, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Where do you want to see book keeping report? Are they supposed to submit it to you?

Turn those questions back to you. You are not worth my time for real. It's my opinion, deal with it. They don't have any maintenance log book keeping reported, and I gave my opinion.
Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by CheapHomes1: 9:02pm On Oct 08, 2022
viodemus:

Turn those questions back to you. You are not worth my time for real. It's my opinion, deal with it. They don't have any maintenance log book keeping reported, and I gave my opinion.

How do you know that they don't have any maintenance log book?

You are the expert. Why can't you answer the questions?

Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by viodemus: 9:13pm On Oct 08, 2022
CheapHomes1:

You are the expert. Why can't you answer the questions?

You are not analyzing anything. shift abeg
Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by CheapHomes1: 9:20pm On Oct 08, 2022
viodemus:

You are not analyzing anything. shift abeg

When did I tell you I was analysing anything? When did questions become analysis?

Since you are the analyst and expert, why can't you answer the questions.

Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by viodemus: 9:31pm On Oct 08, 2022
CheapHomes1:

When did I tell you I was analysing anything? When did questions become analysis?

Since you are the analyst and expert, why can't you answer the questions.

am not your expert or your teacher.

it's my opinion, take it or leave it.

and you don't even have any analysis to the news, which is your opinion; and i left it. so take mine for what it is.
Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by CheapHomes1: 12:49am On Oct 09, 2022
viodemus:

am not your expert or your teacher.

it's my opinion, take it or leave it.

and you don't even have any analysis to the news, which is your opinion; and i left it. so take mine for what it is.

Same thing we are saying.

Since you are the analyst and expert, why can't you answer the questions?

Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by viodemus: 1:01am On Oct 09, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Same thing we are saying.

Since you are the analyst and expert, why can't you answer the questions?

I have responded to your post, thinking I was talking to someone who can0 expand my knowledge.

I can be repetitive to your post too. But no time to respond to someone without getting any knowledge in return.

No value in your post to me. is clear now to me.
Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by CheapHomes1: 1:09am On Oct 09, 2022
viodemus:

I have responded to your post, thinking I was talking to someone who can0 expand my knowledge.

I can be repetitive to your post too. But no time to respond to someone without getting any knowledge in return.

No value in your post to me. is clear now to me.

I didn't say you didn't respond. I said you didn't answer the questions. Am glad you know that they are two different things.

Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by viodemus: 1:52am On Oct 09, 2022
CheapHomes1:

I didn't say you didn't respond. I said you didn't answer the questions. Am glad you know that they are two different things.

back to you. Oya answer.
Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by CheapHomes1: 8:44am On Oct 09, 2022
viodemus:

back to you. Oya answer.

If I knew it, I won't be asking you more so that you are the analyst and expert.

Re: Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa by viodemus: 9:45am On Oct 09, 2022
CheapHomes1:

If I knew it, I won't be asking you more so that you are the analyst and expert.

back to the bot. lipsrsealed

shuu...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) / A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture / Flood Destroys Garba Shehu's Farm In Jigawa State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.