Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,364 members, 7,937,105 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 01:37 PM

Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use (27562 Views)

Abia State COVID-19 Taskforce Intercepts Car Carrying Bags Of Cannabis / Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation / 3 Islamic Clerics Arrested For Possession Of Human Parts In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by Lovenorth: 9:58pm On Oct 07, 2022
He is protecting his bread
Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by Lama70(m): 9:59pm On Oct 07, 2022
Where's slawormmy or whatever he's called?

Food don done

1 Like

Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by Corto: 9:59pm On Oct 07, 2022
chokekachy:

https://dailytrust.com/why-nigeria-cant-legalise-cannabis-marwa

Stop wasting scarce government resources on bullshit optics

Meanwhile, how can usage be independent of possession? You'd first acquire and possess the stuff before you could even use it!

#zombienation

1 Like

Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 07, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Anytime I see this man, I immediately remember the good old days in lagos. The days of operation sweep, those days when you can walk on the streets of lagos by 2am without any fear of being mobbed by urchins. Nigeria will be great again.

This I have seen.
Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by gentleman82: 10:00pm On Oct 07, 2022
Ok
Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by jojothaiv(m): 10:00pm On Oct 07, 2022
yemzone:
It's like you are contradicting yourself.

DJ play me Legalize it by Peter Tosh. cheesy
Terry G and Bugzy Malone are on the remixed version...
Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by Formularcr7: 10:01pm On Oct 07, 2022
Las las, we'll get there
Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by chakula: 10:01pm On Oct 07, 2022
What is the correlation between America and Nigeria? Nigeria is not America learn to deliver what will be the benefit to the masses.
Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 07, 2022
Alright then
Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by viodemus: 10:02pm On Oct 07, 2022
The second best oga of Lagos state so far. Odas dey claim entitlement cuz of tribe.

1 Like

Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by Angelfrost(m): 10:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
This is one of the very few Northeners who qualify to lead this nation... Not the dullard from Daura or the campaigning crook from Adamawa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by chriskosherbal(m): 10:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
I really get angry when people call marijuana a drug is a pure plant...like every other plant ...

Countries far better than us have seen the benefit inherent in Mj, and are embracing it..but my darling Nigeria is still looking the other way round.

Let the various stakeholders sit down and find a way of creating a synergy between tradomedical practioners and orthodox medicine practioners culminating in major discoveries with res pect to medicine.

God can never make mistake...so since marijuana is God's creation ...then men are the liars here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by Basiljoe: 10:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
Crap. I didn't read through it all. It's always the sam shallow points as usual.

Marijuana could add $1Billion dollars to our economy.

USA has declassified and decriminalizate it.

Trust poverty stricken religious Nigerians to talk nonsense.

Legalize it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by Augla1: 10:04pm On Oct 07, 2022
This one weed just dey get endorsement anyhow today, firstna Biden now, Marwa ?

1 Like

Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by Bigchristo: 10:04pm On Oct 07, 2022
chokekachy:

if they know how much revenue they will make from cannabis if legalized, for medical use and other they won’t be spending money to wage war against use of cannabis for whatever purpose, Nigeria is still far behind in every thing except corruption they are up to date, those Countries that legalized marijuana Nigeria is not better than them. Abi dem better pass Canada?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by LyfeJennings(m): 10:08pm On Oct 07, 2022
Wholy:
Governments round the world are now going soft on marijuana

lf only U know how man people are dependant on that drug

1 Like

Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by mariovito(m): 10:09pm On Oct 07, 2022
De
Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by mmsen: 10:12pm On Oct 07, 2022
Criminalizing a plant that grows so easily is a complete waste of time.

Religion is more dangerous than cannabis. If Nigeria wants to legislate against a dangerous substance legislate against Islam and Christianity.

6 Likes

Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by Msmither: 10:14pm On Oct 07, 2022
A wrap of weed and NDLEA has turned you into an Instagram celebrity.

1 Like

Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by spinna: 10:15pm On Oct 07, 2022
Legalize this thing and watch Nigeria thrive

3 Likes

Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by ATLIEN2027: 10:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
Most of the Bokoharam and IPOB terrorists are all on drugs.

1 Like

Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by Igboslayer: 10:30pm On Oct 07, 2022
How do you use without possessing it?

3 Likes

Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by hayoholla(m): 10:49pm On Oct 07, 2022
Marijuana is not the root of criminalities, but joblessness, unemployment, unequal opportunities for all. Unfortunately, marijuana has been labelled the scape goat that's fuelling all these criminalites we have in our hands. You and I know these things, but we chose to look the other way. When people are occupied and there's a robust economy to sell your trade or skills ( I say this because, I have seen instance of people leaving their jobs to engage in criminalities, because it was not paying enough because of the harsh economy), I tell you, the rate of criminalites will reduce without lifting a finger. Prohibitions and banning is not a solution to all problems. Infacr it will escalate it the more and create more market for it. Cannabis is just a patsy for these crimes.

1 Like

Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by Hushbingo: 10:49pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hmmm

Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by Crenzywilliams(m): 10:53pm On Oct 07, 2022
Wholy:
Governments round the world are now going soft on marijuana
Are the countries legalising it's use more evil than Nigeria? It's a really silly assumption to say that marijuana use is the no.1 cause of criminality and banditry in the country. Where are the statistics?
I personally think the use of recreational marijuana should be a personal decision that every adult should make, whether to use it or not to use it. I don't support the abuse of it, or sale to underage individuals, and at the same time I do believe it should be a personal decision that every adult should be allowed to me.
That's my personal opinion, you can have your own and your reasons for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by rayopt(m): 11:06pm On Oct 07, 2022
yemzone:
It's like you are contradicting yourself.

DJ play me Legalize it by Peter Tosh. cheesy

No, it is not. The terms are different. Possession is having so much that it seems the owner is selling it. Ordinary use is having just one blunt or two. Trafficking is another word that looks contradictory but it is just having too much as if d person na drug baron. Some countries use to specify the amount in their law.

I don't think we have a clear law on MJ. If we have, it will stop people from using just any type of marijuana. Most people no even know wetin dem dey smoke sef. No labeling whatsoever. The day I understood Mary Jane is the day I stopped buying from random local sellers. That sh** is risky asf. It's better to buy from those wey sabi wetin dem dey sell than smoke wetin go run u mad. That's why it is important to just legalize this thing once and for all. With a real law, more people will go for CBD than Colos. All these confusion and misconceptions go stop.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by WantsandMore: 11:19pm On Oct 07, 2022
I'd ratha be ya N-I-G-G-A so we can get drunk and smoke weed all day it don't matta if you lonely baby you need a thug in ya life,
2pac
Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by just2endowed: 11:34pm On Oct 07, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Anytime I see this man, I immediately remember the good old days in lagos. The days of operation sweep, those days when you can walk on the streets of lagos by 2am without any fear of being mobbed by urchins. Nigeria will be great again.

This I have seen.

He never tried in area of education during his era.
Re: Marwa: Possession Of Cannabis Is A Crime, But We Do Not Criminalise Ordinary Use by NessFortunate: 12:05am On Oct 08, 2022
chokekachy:

yet it is easier to get these drugs in my hood than groundnut. Loopside war. The more bushes you burn the more people are genetically modifying them you can UNCLE SNOOP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abraham Amuta: Corps Member Allegedly Abducted By Boko Haram In Maiduguri / Nigerian Ladies Stranded In Saudi Arabia Cry Out For Help (VIDEO) / 43-Year-Old Computer Teacher Rapes Pupil In School In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.