Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,796 members, 7,898,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 08:31 PM

All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto (12072 Views)

Plateau Government Raises Alarm Over Plans To Swear In 16 APC Lawmakers / Crisis Hits Plateau Assembly As Speaker Vows Not To Recognise 16 APC Members / Dayo Adeyeye: 16 APC Governors Supporting Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by Aiel123: 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2022
garfield1:

Wamakko tried for aliyu.they were allegations that the sultan and others begged him to allow wamakko.during the rerun,a lot of votes were cancelled and aliyu won that rerun.compare him to dankwambo who won his reelection heavil
y against goje's candidate in 2015.there has been a lot of defections from tambuwal LGA and even nearby kebbe LGA.you can't use that to judge.even daura has witnessed defections...sokoto will alwats bw tight for presidential
Kebbe is APC body and soul...
On your last point,We share the same view.
Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by Aiel123: 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2022
garfield1:

That will be the deciders
U sure?
Everywhere is up for grabs...this bvas issues has given a lot of hope and momentum to opposition parties oo.
Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by obembet(f): 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2022
Corridon:
I still ask where Tinubu will get his votes from?

U should worry about peter obi not Tinubu, cos both of them will lose.

Power must remain in North

2 Likes

Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by jaxxy(m): 12:45pm On Oct 08, 2022
lhordspy:
Fake-news man is back. All news no pictures

Apc has expired. It will return back to the trenches.

2 Likes

Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by Troublemaker111: 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2022
Power must remain in the north. Atiku ni emi ati awon ore mi ma dibo fun grin
Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by JoeNL22(m): 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2022
casualobserver:
Before you start getting excited

1) We all know Tinubu will lose some Northern votes because a) Buhari is no longer on the ballot and b) Atiku is on the ballot.

The questions are

1) Who are Northern APC votes going to and the answer is Atiku not Obi.
2) Are the votes Atiku is picking up from Tinubu in the North enough to make up for the votes he is losing to OBi in the SE and SS? IMHO the answer is no!!!

Finally is sokoto an APC stronghold? The answer is no. In 2019 APC only got 490k votes in sokoto compared to 1.4m in Kano, 1.2m in Katsina, 830k in Borno, 1m in Kaduna, 800k In Bauchi. Considering Somoto is Tambuwal territory losing a ward or 2 is no big deal. Apc even got 120k more votes in Niger than Sokoto…. Despite the 490k votes from sokoto to ApC in 2019, the net contribution (which is what really matters) of sokoto to Buhari’s victory in 2019 was only 130k votes!!! For context Borno’s net vote contribution in 2029 was 790k and katsina was 1m NET votes. Net votes I.e the gap between you and your opponents is what matters!! Even Kebbi’s net vote contribution to APc in 2019 was MORE than twice that of Sokoto. Sokoto (130k net) only contributed about 3% to Buhari’s net margin of victory (over 4m votes) in 2019 So don’t over dramatize things.

I have said it many times. Those who understand the importance of net victory/loss and truly understand election mathematics know that this election will be won in states where you control 70% and above of the votes. Most states, the votes will be shared with inconsequential net gains or losses that will cancel each other out. It is states like Borno where Asiwaju will get 90% of 1m votes for example that will determine the results of the election not states where the difference between winner and loser is 150k or less votes. If you are sharing votes, you are not in the race, if you don’t have states that will give you 500k plus net votes, you are not in the race. I have said it many times but people don’t understand, you can lose 7 states and make it up with 1 state where you control 90% of the votes!!!! 50% of the gap between Buhari and Atiku came from just 3 states katsina, Borno and Kebbi. I have not mentioned Kano with contributed another 25% because Kano is up in the air. When you start hearing of defections in Borno, katsina or Kebbi, let us know until then no shaking!!!!

Headlines sells but everything in its proper context!! When people start to defect in Katsina and Borno let us know
Bros....stop deceiving yourself....the north voted massively for Buhari in 2011.....what were the results?....even if the whole north vote Atiku. He can't still win the elections.
Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by dante0147: 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2022
Trinitycian:
APC sai mun bata wuta... grin

Atiku Kawai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by Corridon: 1:17pm On Oct 08, 2022
Wisetrue99:

From MC Oluomo and his boys

They are the ones he empowered grin
grin
Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by Corridon: 1:18pm On Oct 08, 2022
obembet:

U should worry about peter obi not Tinubu, cos both of them will lose.

Power must remain in North
You've proved that you are indeed a Fulani slave. You shout down on people campaigning for southern candidates and you claim to be from pH. Shame on you. I won't take you serious again.
Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by iheanacho8v: 1:19pm On Oct 08, 2022
APC is dead in Sokoto..Garfield1, , Nlfpmod, this is front page worthyAPC is dead in Sokoto..Garfield1, , Nlfpmod, this is front page worthy...
Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by edosignature(m): 1:21pm On Oct 08, 2022
Atiku Abubakar for president 2023.

Vote wisely...
Vote Atiku Abubakar for president 2023.
Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by Pat081: 1:22pm On Oct 08, 2022
lhordspy:

but if it's other way it will not be fake news

2 Likes

Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by garfield1: 2:00pm On Oct 08, 2022
iheanacho8v:
APC is dead in Sokoto..Garfield1, , Nlfpmod, this is front page worthyAPC is dead in Sokoto..Garfield1, , Nlfpmod, this is front page worthy...

This affected just one ward in sokoto
Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by garfield1: 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2022
Aiel123:

U sure?
Everywhere is up for grabs...this bvas issues has given a lot of hope and momentum to opposition parties oo.

True and untrue.you yourself said pdp doesn't exist in those states.while the bvas might reduce votes inflation,states where one party dominates will still go to that party.bvas won't make apc get 30% in delta north and pdp cant get anything reasonable in borno
Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by Aiel123: 2:14pm On Oct 08, 2022
garfield1:

True and untrue.you yourself said pdp doesn't exist in those states.while the bvas might reduce votes inflation,states where one party dominates will still go to that party.bvas won't make apc get 30% in delta north and pdp cant get anything reasonable in borno
I meant aggressive campaign. ( All the small parties now aggressively sell their manifesto to voters without fear of suppression and underground tactics)
Delta north...LP is proving more stronger than APC self.
Their march today in agbor was something else
Sha Osanebi pulled another mammoth crowd for his birthday/ home coming in Kwale.
Delta politics isn't business as usual oo
Without bvas, inflation hit the roof but now it's going to be minimal
Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by abokimallam: 2:24pm On Oct 08, 2022
Northerners do not vote for a political party.
They only vote for their candidate who’s a moslem and Fulani or Hausa.
Decamping from APC to PDP is expected and concluded since Atiku is their own person and a northerner running under PDP.
Mark my word, in 2027 or 2031, they will all move back to APC when they will field a northerner.
Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by garfield1: 2:32pm On Oct 08, 2022
Aiel123:

Kebbe is APC body and soul...
On your last point,We share the same view.

I like your objectivity.yesterday one person in agbor was saying obi will win agbor.I kept quiet and before you knew it,pdp came up with a massive rally.
Both apc and pdp are very strong in all the 23 lgas of sokoto even in tambuwal and wamakko.it will be very tight.even buhari struggled to win sokoto in 2019.he lost there in 2007.apart from Kaduna,sokoto is the other northwestern state that gives buhari issues.few months ago,two LGA chairmen and councillors defected to apc.it has been defection galore,both parties are using defections to compete and they will still lose more between now and Feb...
Wamakko should win sokoto north for tinubu,tambuwal should win south for atiku.it will now boil down to sokoto east.gobir in 2019 won 6 out of the 8 lgas here.he lost his LGA sabon birni and lost isa but won gada where the pdp candidate is from.it means sabon birni is dominated by pdp.he is now the senate majority leader and has been there since 2011.I dont know who pdp fielded but its between maidaji and mukhtar magori who are no match for senator gobir.so sokoto east will decide who wins sokoto...
As you said,kebbi is apc.the defection of sen aliero gave pdp some hope.let's see how it goes
Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by DAwest7: 2:36pm On Oct 08, 2022
Prince111111:
from Isale Oyo in Iragbiji ofcos
or orita Alabiamo In Iragbiji

1 Like

Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by Aiel123: 2:47pm On Oct 08, 2022
garfield1:

I like your objectivity.yesterday one person in agbor was saying obi will win agbor.I kept quiet and before you knew it,pdp came up with a massive rally.
Both apc and pdp are very strong in all the 23 lgas of sokoto even in tambuwal and wamakko.it will be very tight.even buhari struggled to win sokoto in 2019.he lost there in 2007.apart from Kaduna,sokoto is the other northwestern state that gives buhari issues.few months ago,two LGA chairmen and councillors defected to apc.it has been defection galore,both parties are using defections to compete and they will still lose more between now and Feb...
Wamakko should win sokoto north for tinubu,tambuwal should win south for atiku.it will now boil down to sokoto east.gobir in 2019 won 6 out of the 8 lgas here.he lost his LGA sabon birni and lost isa but won gada where the pdp candidate is from.it means sabon birni is dominated by pdp.he is now the senate majority leader and has been there since 2011.I dont know who pdp fielded but its between maidaji and mukhtar magori who are no match for senator gobir.so sokoto east will decide who wins sokoto...
As you said,kebbi is apc.the defection of sen aliero gave pdp some hope.let's see how it goes
Sen Gobir isn't returning to senate. He contested the APC guber primaries and lost.
A new man in Hon Ibrahim Lamido has taken his seat.
APC is strong in eastern sokoto.
PDP fielded Hon Gwandu for sokoto east. I think he was a former commissioner.
The major cause of defection was because of the fracas that emerged in the parties primaries.
Defection will continue till election day.
If the caliphate decides to side with Atiku, Wamakko won't be able to do much.
The combo of Sen Aleiro and Sen Yahaya is a big gain for PDP.

1 Like

Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by rolams(m): 3:02pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebubu:
ASUU will be rejoicing and praying APC loses so that CONUA will die

Not knowing Atiku said he will privatise universities grin

Na so one Alhaji Dankwambo will become your proprietor and the letter head of your employment letter will read

Emir of Zazzau palace, no more Ministry of Education

Anytime you strike, e go just sack you like in private universities grin
ASUU are in hot SUUp

You are very funny! I can't hold myself, I have been laughing so hard!
Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by Osasjohne: 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2022
It is in Tinubu's best interest to support Obi
Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by Sardauna24(m): 3:05pm On Oct 08, 2022
Trinitycian:
APC sai mun bata wuta... grin

Sai Atiku

1 Like

Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by Prince111111: 3:52pm On Oct 08, 2022
DAwest7:
or orita Alabiamo In Iragbiji
you gerrit grin
Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by Shikini: 3:58pm On Oct 08, 2022
Wow
Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by charlesditro: 4:07pm On Oct 08, 2022
lhordspy:

how you wan take see pictures of defection...... Na waohhhhhhh.
Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:09pm On Oct 08, 2022
garfield1
APC collapses in Sokoto massively grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by MoneyMustBMade(m): 5:00pm On Oct 08, 2022
The day the south are tribalistic but I will tell you that north are more tribalistic than we do... Just that they are silent and slow poison

They will always go for thier person wether competent or not, they don't care as far us thier person, they are ok.

The nation will remain were it is untill the North change thier mentality, life is once so stop serving the wrong the people. Yet Poverty is still very high in the North
Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by oladotun948: 5:17pm On Oct 08, 2022
from Isale Oyo in Iragbiji ofcosfrom Isale Oyo in Iragbiji ofcos...
Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by goodmike7: 5:53pm On Oct 08, 2022
JoeNL22:

Lol.....exactly.

SE & SS is for obi
The SW is divided between obi and Tinubu
The NC Christians will vote obi

The NC Muslims will divide their votes between Atiku and Tinubu.
No southerner has ever won the core north (NE & NW)
Check 1999-2019 election results. That's why Atiku is not bothered.
No southerner will vote Atiku after Buhari's abysmal performance.

Where will Tinubu get his votes......... grin grin grin

The south will never forget what Tinubu did to them in 2015. The north will forever remain loyal to their region/people. We saw it in obj and Jonathan time.
Tinubu has been deceived!

Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by JoeNL22(m): 6:05pm On Oct 08, 2022
[quote author=goodmike7 post=117386266][/quote]
I feel your pain.....the truth hurts

God bless you
Nigeria must be great again
#GetYourPVCs'
#ComeOutToVote
Signed.
Ifeoluwa osho
A Concerned Nigerian

Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by obembet(f): 7:42pm On Oct 08, 2022
Corridon:
You've proved that you are indeed a Fulani slave. You shout down on people campaigning for southern candidates and you claim to be from pH. Shame on you. I won't take you serious again.

Shame on u too mumu, when Obidient and Tinubu settle, I will come back.. for now.. I pray for more division, more hatred from Obi supporters to Tinubu, more Insult... All this will benefit North and power will remain in North
Re: All 16 APC Ward Executives, Supporters Defect To PDP In Sokoto by miqos02(m): 2:44am On Oct 09, 2022
Aiel123:

Which Wamakko?
The one that said Tambuwal took the greatest mistake of his life by defecting to PDP?
Or the one that said he'll deliver sokoto for Tinubu?
But failed to installed Aliyu who was Tambuwal's deputy...
This LGA,Sabon Birni,is the home of Aliyu's running mate,Hon.Gobir..
Just a little remainder, Tambuwal won here same as Isa LGA in 2019( Isa/ Sabon Birni federal constituency)
And is also the LGA of Sagir Bafarawa,the PDP's candidate running mate ( Isa).
Do you know Wamakko won only his LGA for Aliyu in his senatorial district and lost the rest to Tambuwal?
see the 2019 elections results

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangote Refinery Should Be Fully Supported - Peter Obi / Lagos Local Government Elections To Hold July 22: See All The Details / N2bn Fraud: Buhari Didn't Invite Maina Home - Says Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.