Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,928 members, 7,922,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:38 PM

Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 (3115 Views)

I Will Die On A Sunday After Eating Pounded Yam – Pastor Adeboye / Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers / 65 Biblical Proofs Jesus Did Not Die On The Cross (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Dtruthspeaker: 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2022
Olambees:
...However, one should not forget the compassionate attitude of Pilate who never wanted Jesus to be crucified in the first place. In the case of Jesus Christ, scourging was mild and no mention is given in the four Gospel account...

The soldiers' mockings already tells us that it was not mild and this is in addition to fact that Pilate was also trying to make the Jews happy, and since they hated Jesus, therefore, great pain must be given. I even think he personally thought that after they had seen that Jesus had suffered, that they would have been satisfied and left.

Any way all these is outside your insane postulation.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Olambees: 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
Kayberg:

And you just kept displaying your ignorance, instead of sitting down and listening to learn.

Lol, you are the one playing ignorance. Keep quiet and learn

First, contrary to what you claimed that JESUS CHRIST was taken down immediately after the piercing ; this is what the Bible said:

When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple:”
— Matthew 27:57 (KJV)

Even there means Evening, meaning they waited for 'hours' before the evening came. And evening is a time between dusk and night. when it gets dark.

Read the other synoptic gospels and understand that the bible could mislead you through it contradictions

Secondly, you said Aloes and Myrrhs were used to treat him, why was His case different?

But here is what the Bible said:

John 19 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³⁸ And after this Joseph of Arimathaea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews, besought Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus: and Pilate gave him leave. He came therefore, and took the body of Jesus.
³⁹ And there came also Nicodemus, which at the first came to Jesus by night, and brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight.
⁴⁰ Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury.

•Showing that is how the Jews bury their dead.

From the sources seen so far, the idea of embalming using Aloe has only surfaced in the Egyptian world. It is thought that pharaohs were buried along with Aloes. Was Jesus being embalmed?

To answer this question, an examination of Jewish burial customs is needed. Jewish customs have clearly been restricted to washing the body and wrapping it in a clean cloth -- there was no embalming. For a body to be embalmed, incisions needed to be made and the internal organs and entrails completely removed. It was understood by the people of the time, and for Jews, that to make such incisions would not be acceptable. Evidence to illustrate this aversion to any incisions can be seen from the passing away of Judah, one of the ancestors of modern-day Jews, He is recorded as having stated:

“‘I die this day at the age of one hundred and nineteen years before your eyes. None shall bury me in a costly garment, nor shall ye cut my body to embalm it, but ye shall carry me to Hebron.’ Having spoken these words, Judah sank into death.” ⁶

It seems unlikely that the Aloes present were for embalming. Having Myrrh there also in large quantities was not consistent with this hypothesis. It appears far more likely that the excellent healing properties of these herbs were being utilized in an attempt to heal Jesus’ wounds and allow him to recover from his ordeal.

•And also, do you think Nicodemus would have come at a time when people and even his colleagues would have seen him? Meaning Nicodemus came with the spices when it was dark enough to conceal his movements and participation in the burial, not treatment of JESUS CHRIST.

I will ask again, do the Jews use Aloe and myrrh in the process of their dead??

•If they were trying to treat JESUS CHRIST back then, would they have kept Him in a sepulchre, and not in the house?

They kept it in a sepulchre because the Sabbath day is at hand. They can not bury their dead bodies till the day after Sabbath...... Don't you come to think of the reason why nobody return to the sepulchre until after the Sabbath.... Or do you ever think of the reason why the others bone where broken to hasten their death so that the Sabbath day won't come nigh.

Mr Islamist, you need to learn before arguing.
Arguing ignorantly makes you an ignorant liar and displays confusionism when you dispute the truth.

Mr/Mrs/Ms Ignoramus, learn how to make research before jumping into conclusion. I can't blame you since you are being programmed by a book full of inconsistencies, fallacy and fabrications. Learn to think outside the box. You have been provided with this your brain to think.

[/quote][b]And I remember, are you not the same Muslims who claimed JESUS CHRIST was never crucified? How come you're now trying to say He was crucified, but didn't die?

If that's a question?, I'm not. But regardless of this, I can give you an answer with Muslim points of view.
There is nothing strange about the Muslims rejecting this idea, because the Qur’aan in which they believe and accept what it tells them definitively states that that did not happen, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And because of their saying (in boast), ‘We killed Messiah ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allaah,’ — but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared so to them the resemblance of ‘Eesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man)], and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)]”

[al-Nisa’ 4:157]

Rather the problem rests with you Christians for the doctrine of the crucifixion and redemption has become a central issue, so much so that the cross is the symbol of your religion.

Honestly, you guys lie too much, all just to confuse people from knowing the truth. And yet, the more you lie, the more it gets exposed, and shamelessly, you switch to another lies![/b]

See, you can only mislead those who are dunce and do not know about the things you're twisting up, not I, Kayberg.

Know one is misleading you. For me to accept your religion or the fact that you claim Jesus Christ dead or crucified. I will have you to provide your proof. And if you should bring your proof from the Bible? What is left for me is to access the bible and follow it strictly.

I can't imagine you people trying to link up different stories yet pointing into same event as a proof of Jesus death or crucifixion.

You people should start learning and stop being ignorant.
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Olambees: 6:37pm On Oct 11, 2022
Lawag3:

Please I want knowledge please show me which account in the bible proves that Jesus didn't died in one day just like three verses grin

Jesus did not die on the cross, and he was saved from the humiliation of death on the cross. But before that, remember that those that put into account all these events where never eye witnesses. It is from hearsay.
Let's take for instance the book of Luke.... Luke 1:1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, 1:2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; 1:3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,

And with confirmation from the Bible about the event because we don't know which of the story about the crucifixion is true......
The Bible says:

“he that is hanged is accursed of God”. (Deuteronomy 21:23)

Almighty God did work to save his beloved prophet from an accursed death on the cross. Jesus fervently prayed that the cup of death on the cross be removed. He said:

“O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me”. (Matthew 26:39

The Bible further informs us that these supplications were heard and accepted:

“Who in the days of flesh when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he suffered”. (Hebrews 5:7)

Jesus had predicted to give the sign of Jonas:

“But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

“For as Jonas was three days and three nights in a whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth”. (Matthew 12:39-40)

For the sign to be similar to that of Jonas, Jesus must have been alive in the sepulchre after the incident of crucifixion.

Jesus was alive when he was being taken off from the cross. A soldier pierced his side with a spear and blood and water came out which normally indicates life. The Bible says:

“But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side and forthwith came there blood and water”. (John 19:34)

Jesus met his disciples after crucifixion and assured them of his life.

“And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them then came Jesus, the doors being shut and stood in the midst, and said, ‘Peace be unto you’. Then saith he to Thomas. “Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands, and reach hither thy hand and thrust into my side and be not faithless, but believing”. (John 20:26, 27)
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Olambees: 7:41pm On Oct 11, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

How can the Bible be enough for an anti-Christ?

Lol

We Muslims are more Christian than the Christians themselves If Christian means a person who follows the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Tell me any thing Just name one thing that Jesus Christ did that you Christians are doing today. Absolutely none. How dare you now call me an Anti-Christ.

Jesus never eat pork, we Muslims don't eat it either. We Muslims obey the law as Jesus said, if you love me, you keep my commandments. We Muslims pray the way Jesus prayed. We water our hands, feet and head as Jesus Christ had instructed. Jesus kept his beard, so we Muslims.

You people are the Anti-Christ, for you abolish the law of the prophets and embrace Paul.

You are the Anti-Christ.
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by MindHacker9009(m): 8:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:18pm On Oct 11, 2022
Just because they're arrogantly ignoring Jesus' true disciples see how a common pagan in the name of Islam is disturbing them.
What a pity, Ó mà ṣeo! embarassed

Well Jesus Christ said by their FRUITS you will distinguish between true worshipers of God and Satan's agents {Matthew 7:16-18} i have tasted Islam and i can prove beyond every reasonable doubt that there is nothing worth considering in Islam if not mere Arab's political ambitions! smiley

1 Like

Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Lawag3: 9:02pm On Oct 11, 2022
Olambees:

Jesus did not die on the cross, and he was saved from the humiliation of death on the cross. But before that, remember that those that put into account all these events where never eye witnesses. It is from hearsay.
Let's take for instance the book of Luke.... Luke 1:1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, 1:2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; 1:3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,

And with confirmation from the Bible about the event because we don't know which of the story about the crucifixion is true......
The Bible says:

“he that is hanged is accursed of God”. (Deuteronomy 21:23)

Almighty God did work to save his beloved prophet from an accursed death on the cross. Jesus fervently prayed that the cup of death on the cross be removed. He said:

“O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me”. (Matthew 26:39

The Bible further informs us that these supplications were heard and accepted:

“Who in the days of flesh when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he suffered”. (Hebrews 5:7)

Jesus had predicted to give the sign of Jonas:

“But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

“For as Jonas was three days and three nights in a whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth”. (Matthew 12:39-40)

For the sign to be similar to that of Jonas, Jesus must have been alive in the sepulchre after the incident of crucifixion.

Jesus was alive when he was being taken off from the cross. A soldier pierced his side with a spear and blood and water came out which normally indicates life. The Bible says:

“But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side and forthwith came there blood and water”. (John 19:34)

Jesus met his disciples after crucifixion and assured them of his life.

“And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them then came Jesus, the doors being shut and stood in the midst, and said, ‘Peace be unto you’. Then saith he to Thomas. “Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands, and reach hither thy hand and thrust into my side and be not faithless, but believing”. (John 20:26, 27)

I'm still waiting for the verse while you search this is verses from the bible that proves Christ's death
Peter 1:3: "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." remember peter was one of Jesus disciples

Romans 6:8-11:"The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. "

Luke 24:6-7: "Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 'The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.'" Jesus said this

John 3:16: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Revelation 1:17b-18a: "Don’t be afraid! I am the First and Last. I am the living one. I died, but look–I am alive forever and ever!"

How does the verse you brought up talked about Jesus not dying you must be a Moslem
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Olambees: 9:18pm On Oct 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
i have tasted Islam and i can prove beyond every reasonable doubt that there is nothing worth considering in Islam if not mere Arab's political ambitions! smiley

Now, give me at least one major reason why you left Islam if you are truthful. And I can bet you, By Allah, you will never be reasonable. You are such a liar, you have never been a Muslim.

You can never find fault in Islam if you are a true believer.

You are saying these just because you wanted to derail people.
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Olambees: 9:29pm On Oct 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
i have tasted Islam and i can prove beyond every reasonable doubt that there is nothing worth considering in Islam if not mere Arab's political ambitions! smiley

Now, give me at least one major reason why you left Islam if you are truthful. And I can bet you, By Allah, you will never be reasonable. You are such a liar, you have never been a Muslim.

You are saying these just because you wanted to derail people
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:29pm On Oct 11, 2022
Olambees:

You are saying these just because you wanted to derail people.

Are you ready to base this discussion on the highlighted?

I'm 100% sure that you will feel irritated by a sincere discussion if we're to chat without been biased.

So let's start:

I left Islam because the religion failed woefully to present a unique group practicing what their book teaches, there are so many rival groups in Islam and none as in nobody has ever spoken about a unique group practicing Islam in accord with what the book says. This is the most confusing part in all the religions i know around me back then including Islam.

Now before you can convince any reasonable individual that what is written in a book is inspired by God it shouldn't be just what the book says but what is yielding positive results in the midst of adherents.

So can you tell me the name of any unique group practicing Islam to the letter and the positive results of Islam in their midst?

Thanks in advance! smiley

1 Like

Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:58pm On Oct 11, 2022
Olambees:

Perhaps the Bible is false or inaccurate.......

With this type of comments it's unreasonable arguing based on what is written in any book since you feel it has been adulterated and the book you also carry is not acceptable to the other side the best thing to do is drop both books and use our God's given intellect.

So whoever comes up with a worthwhile and reasonable thought will now have to tell us where or how he came about such wonderful ideology because wisdom is from the most High God. Arguing based on what you were taught which is written in a book against what another person was taught which is also based on the content of a book makes no sense because both of you will continue to argue in support of what is written in the book you're carrying, you will say what his book teaches sounds absorb while he will say exactly the same back at you.

Therefore books should be left out for now so we can think of what is yielding positive result that can't be found elsewhere in the midst of the adherents of any book.
No doubt such a book is from God! Matthew 7:16-18 wink

1 Like

Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:18pm On Oct 11, 2022
I will assume it's bedtime so see you some other time Mr Olambees! smiley
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Olambees: 10:45pm On Oct 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Are you ready to base this discussion on the highlighted?

I'm 100% sure that you will feel irritated by a sincere discussion if we're to chat without been biased.

So let's start:

I left Islam because the religion failed woefully to present a unique group practicing what their book teaches, there are so many rival groups in Islam and none as in nobody has ever spoken about a unique group practicing Islam in accord with what the book says. This is the most confusing part in all the religions i know around me back then including Islam.

Subhanallah,
Before I start, I will like you to tell me the groups of Muslim we have. But I can tell you. I follow the Quran strictly and I've never been in any group order than being a just Muslim.

In Quran we are commanded not to divide ourselves into sects. Thus dividing our religion into sects is against God's command. Those who divide into sects are termed as idol worshippers, and not members of God's religion.

[6:159] Those who divide themselves into sects do not belong with you. Their judgment rests with GOD, then He will inform them of everything they had done.

[30:31] You shall submit to Him, reverence Him, observe the Contact Prayers (Salat), and - whatever you do - do not ever fall into idol worship.
[30:32] (Do not fall in idol worship,) like those who divide their religion into sects; each party rejoicing with what they have.

[42:14] Ironically, they broke up into sects only after the knowledge had come to them, due to jealousy and resentment among themselves. If it were not for a predetermined decision from your Lord to respite them for a definite interim, they would have been judged immediately. Indeed, the later generations who inherited the scripture are full of doubts.

We learn from above that dividing religion into sects is akin to falling into idol worship, an unforgivable sin (if maintained to death). It doesn't matter what a person calls his or her sect, it is not authorized by God. God condemns all sects.

Now before you can convince any reasonable individual that what is written in a book is inspired by God it shouldn't be just what the book says but what is yielding positive results in the midst of adherents

Yes, that's why I say you never practice Islam. Because if you ever practice Islam, you will understand it's teachings....

So can you tell me the name of any unique group practicing Islam to the letter and the positive results of Islam in their midst?

Thanks in advance! smiley

I don't know anything about a unique group.... All I know is Islam. And I'm a Muslim. We Muslims are Submitters (Muslims in Arabic) to God alone. We follow God's words in His Final Testament to us, Quran and accept all of God's scriptures. We believe that Quran is perfect and fully detailed as God says, and that we should not follow any other sources besides it. We also believe that God alone is worthy of worship, and that we have to abandon all kinds of idols.

What sets these different sects apart is mainly their the human factors, and the upholding of various sources besides God's words. For example – traditional muslims uphold a multitude of Hadith and Sunna besides the Quran. In addition to that, some follow writings of various scholars and religious leaders, that go against God's words, without any kind of proof from God.

Again, if we stop to think about Abraham, Moses, Jesus or Muhammad, we realize they were never a member of any sect. They were simply submitters, devoted to God Alone. These sects were formed much after these prophets of God had departed, and are in direct contradiction with God's teachings mentioned above.

Thus, a person who abides by the Quran says "I am a Submitter (Muslim)", not "I am Shia", nor "I am Sunni", or anything else (2:128, 132, 133, 136; 3:52, 64, 67, 84, 102; 5:111; 41:33; 46:15, and more.) People who do so, also forget that Abraham was the original messenger of Submission (Islam), and not Muhammad. If we follow the religion of Abraham, as God commands us to do (3:95), we will call ourselves what Abraham called himself, i.e. a submitter.

Allah knows best.
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:55pm On Oct 11, 2022
Olambees:

Subhanallah,
Before I start, I will like you to tell me the groups of Muslim we have. But I can tell you. I follow the Quran strictly and I've never been in any group order than being a just Muslim.
In Quran we are commanded not to divide ourselves into sects. Thus dividing our religion into sects is against God's command. Those who divide into sects are termed as idol worshippers, and not members of God's religion.
[6:159] Those who divide themselves into sects do not belong with you. Their judgment rests with GOD, then He will inform them of everything they had done.

[30:31] You shall submit to Him, reverence Him, observe the Contact Prayers (Salat), and - whatever you do - do not ever fall into idol worship.
[30:32] (Do not fall in idol worship,) like those who divide their religion into sects; each party rejoicing with what they have.

[42:14] Ironically, they broke up into sects only after the knowledge had come to them, due to jealousy and resentment among themselves. If it were not for a predetermined decision from your Lord to respite them for a definite interim, they would have been judged immediately. Indeed, the later generations who inherited the scripture are full of doubts.

We learn from above that dividing religion into sects is akin to falling into idol worship, an unforgivable sin (if maintained to death). It doesn't matter what a person calls his or her sect, it is not authorized by God. God condemns all sects.
Yes, that's why I say you never practice Islam. Because if you ever practice Islam, you will understand it's teachings....
[highlight [I don't know anything about a unique group.... All I know is Islam. And I'm a Muslim. We Muslims are Submitters (Muslims in Arabic) to God alone. We follow God's words in His Final Testament to us, Quran and accept all of God's scriptures. We believe that Quran is perfect and fully detailed as God says, and that we should not follow any other sources besides it. We also believe that God alone is worthy of worship, and that we have to abandon all kinds of idols[/highlight].
What sets these different sects apart is mainly their the human factors, and the upholding of various sources besides God's words. For example – traditional muslims uphold a multitude of Hadith and Sunna besides the Quran. In addition to that, some follow writings of various scholars and religious leaders, that go against God's words, without any kind of proof from God.
Again, if we stop to think about Abraham, Moses, Jesus or Muhammad, we realize they were never a member of any sect. They were simply submitters, devoted to God Alone. These sects were formed much after these prophets of God had departed, and are in direct contradiction with God's teachings mentioned above.
Thus, a person who abides by the Quran says "I am a Submitter (Muslim)", not "I am Shia", nor "I am Sunni", or anything else (2:128, 132, 133, 136; 3:52, 64, 67, 84, 102; 5:111; 41:33; 46:15, and more.) People who do so, also forget that Abraham was the original messenger of Submission (Islam), and not Muhammad. If we follow the religion of Abraham, as God commands us to do (3:95), we will call ourselves what Abraham called himself, i.e. a submitter.
Allah knows best.

So what has Islam been doing in the gathering of Muslims that other religions (your book call pagans) aren't enjoying as benefits in their respective religions? smiley

1 Like

Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Olambees: 7:47am On Oct 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

So what has Islam been doing in the gathering of Muslims that other religions (your book call pagans) aren't enjoying as benefits in their respective religions? smiley

Nice Question.....
Islam is unlike any other religion because it is not merely a belief to which one adheres, but rather Islam is a complete way of life. Muslims put their beliefs into practice on a daily basis. Islam provides guidance in all the spheres and activities of life. Furthermore, it is unique in that it is not named after any person, tribe, region or culture. Islam is named after a belief in one God, Allah, and submission to His will. In other words, Muslims put Allah’s Will before their own.

Additionally, human society changes and develops with time, and so Allah has adjusted His Laws slightly over the centuries to correspond accordingly. Thus while Allah’s message of divine oneness has been the same since the beginning of time, His Sacred Law has been abrogated and amended with the advent of each new prophet. The Sacred Law of Muhammad (peace be upon him) represents the final version of Allah’s commandments applicable to all of humankind until the Last Day.
Islam invites us to what benefits us and all of humanity. It commands goodness towards all people and does not promote preferential treatment for a certain group, be they believers or not. No one is immune from Allah’s commands and laws in Islam.

Such a better religion is Islam and it is the only religion on earth that knows itself to be a religion.
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:54am On Oct 14, 2022
Olambees:

Islam invites us to what benefits us and all of humanity.

Can you mention any group that Islam has ensure peace in their midst?
I'm asking this question because i can't see any group that has break free from the shackles of racism and politics. Muslims will kill Muslims during ethnic conflicts that's what i'm asking you, as for your claims all other religions do lay the same so what i need is PRACTICAL BENEFITS that we can all see to know that your Allah has successfully unite his worshipers as one!

2 Likes

Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Olambees: 5:42pm On Oct 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Can you mention any group that Islam has ensure peace in their midst?
I'm asking this question because i can't see any group that has break free from the shackles of racism and politics. Muslims will kill Muslims during ethnic conflicts that's what i'm asking you, as for your claims all other religions do lay the same so what i need is PRACTICAL BENEFITS that we can all see to know that your Allah has successfully unite his worshipers as one!

Praise be to Allah...
You've really asked a good question and I hope by Allah, you get it well. And I will be using some verses in the Quran to justify my point since you were laying much emphasis on Islam.
The Quran said personal piety and deeds were the basis for merit, not tribal affiliation. And a Quranic verse quotes, "Chapter 49, verse 13 of Islam’s sacred scripture, the Quran, declares: “O humankind!, We have created you male and female and made you nations and tribes that you may know one another. Verily, the most noble of you to Allah is the most righteous of you. Verily, Allah is knowing and aware.”

Quran 49:13.

Three points could be deduced from the above verse in relation to the topic discussed.

Firstly, having a collective identity i.e. an attachment to an ethnic group is a part of the divine plan for humankind.

Secondly, God allows diverse ethnic, tribal and community identities to exist at the same time for a positive reason – “so that you might come to know one another.” However, knowing each other should not be understood as a mere exchange of information. More accurately, it should mean to learn from and to establish cooperation that would benefit each other for the progress of humankind.

Thirdly, Islam does not prohibit Muslims from having a collective identity such as Malay or Javanese because such identities exist by God’s plan and for the benefit of humankind.

Malcolm X once famously said that “America needs to understand Islam, because this is the one religion that erases from its society the race problem.”. Let’s take a closer look as to how Islam solved racism.

The fact of the matter is, Islam has all the keys necessary to defeat racism from society and leave no room for such kinds of discrimination.

Muslims will kill Muslims during ethnic conflicts
When certain groups label all Muslims as terrorists or extremists, they look at us all as one entity. Whether we’re black, white, tall, short, they look at us as a whole. The unfortunate fact is that they do a better job at unifying us than we ever do!

When we stand together as Muslims, there are still many instances where a Yoruba and Igbo or Hausa family might be living in the same community, but they still don’t know each other’s names. And it’s not because they never happened to meet one another. They see each other everyday at the Masjid, their kids are in the same class, but they choose not to care.

And if you’re from another country, you might notice that there is racism and prejudice even from city to city. Or maybe even among different towns in a city! Antagonism has no bounds if we allow it to spread. Racism isn’t just an issue for the west, like the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.. Racism exists everywhere. If you don’t see it in your country, chances are that you might be among those perpetuating it.

Let me Highlights some proof's to proclaim that Islam has no room for racism, ethnicity or social status. I will post in a different page
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:50pm On Oct 15, 2022
Olambees:

Praise be to Allah...
You've really asked a good question and I hope by Allah, you get it well. And I will be using some verses in the Quran to justify my point since you were laying much emphasis on Islam.
The Quran said personal piety and deeds were the basis for merit, not tribal affiliation. And a Quranic verse quotes, "Chapter 49, verse 13 of Islam’s sacred scripture, the Quran, declares: “O humankind!, We have created you male and female and made you nations and tribes that you may know one another. Verily, the most noble of you to Allah is the most righteous of you. Verily, Allah is knowing and aware.”

Quran 49:13.

Three points could be deduced from the above verse in relation to the topic discussed.

Firstly, having a collective identity i.e. an attachment to an ethnic group is a part of the divine plan for humankind.

Secondly, God allows diverse ethnic, tribal and community identities to exist at the same time for a positive reason – “so that you might come to know one another.” However, knowing each other should not be understood as a mere exchange of information. More accurately, it should mean to learn from and to establish cooperation that would benefit each other for the progress of humankind.

Thirdly, Islam does not prohibit Muslims from having a collective identity such as Malay or Javanese because such identities exist by God’s plan and for the benefit of humankind.

Malcolm X once famously said that “America needs to understand Islam, because this is the one religion that erases from its society the race problem.”. Let’s take a closer look as to how Islam solved racism.

The fact of the matter is, Islam has all the keys necessary to defeat racism from society and leave no room for such kinds of discrimination.

When certain groups label all Muslims as terrorists or extremists, they look at us all as one entity. Whether we’re black, white, tall, short, they look at us as a whole. The unfortunate fact is that they do a better job at unifying us than we ever do!

When we stand together as Muslims, there are still many instances where a Yoruba and Igbo or Hausa family might be living in the same community, but they still don’t know each other’s names. And it’s not because they never happened to meet one another. They see each other everyday at the Masjid, their kids are in the same class, but they choose not to care.

And if you’re from another country, you might notice that there is racism and prejudice even from city to city. Or maybe even among different towns in a city! Antagonism has no bounds if we allow it to spread. Racism isn’t just an issue for the west, like the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.. Racism exists everywhere. If you don’t see it in your country, chances are that you might be among those perpetuating it.

Let me Highlights some proof's to proclaim that Islam has no room for racism, ethnicity or social status. I will post in a different page

You have not answered my question!

Is there any unique Islamic group where racism, ethnicity or politics has been conquered?

Because i never heard or seen any yet Muslims claims they are worshiping the God who asked them to greet saying
"PEACE be onto you"
Please tell me the name of that Islamic group that has successfully erased politics and racism from the hearts of the adherents of your Qu'ran.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Dtruthspeaker: 5:58pm On Oct 15, 2022
Olambees:

Lol

We Muslims are more Christian than the Christians themselves If Christian means a person who follows the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Did you not hear that anyone who judges himself, his judgement is invalid?

Olambees:

Tell me any thing Just name one thing that Jesus Christ did that you Christians are doing today. Absolutely none. How dare you now call me an Anti-Christ.

Jesus never eat pork, we Muslims don't eat it either. We Muslims obey the law as Jesus said, if you love me, you keep my commandments. We Muslims pray the way Jesus prayed. We water our hands, feet and head as Jesus Christ had instructed. Jesus kept his beard, so we Muslims.

You people are the Anti-Christ, for you abolish the law of the prophets and embrace Paul.

You are the Anti-Christ.

You confuse church going with Christianity.

Christianity means Christ-likeness, and you truly observe that many church goers are very far from being Christ-like.

And this thread definitely shows how far from Christ you are even though you do not eat pork and do what Christ called "a show of righteousness"
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Olambees: 6:13pm On Oct 15, 2022
Olambees:

As I quote earlier, that whenever certain groups label all Muslims as terrorists or extremists, they look at us all as one entity. Regardless of the skin color, height or tribalism be it black, white, tall, short, they look at us as a whole.

Islam abhors racism and this is based on the following points derived from verses of the Quran:

1. The Quran’s command to uphold justice even if it is against one’s self, parents and close relatives.

“O believers! Stand firm for justice as witnesses for Allah even if it is against yourselves, your parents, or close relatives. Be they rich or poor, Allah is best to ensure their interests. So do not let your desires cause you to deviate (from justice). If you distort the testimony or refuse to give it, then (know that) Allah is certainly All-Aware of what you do.” (Surah An-Nisa, 4:135)

or in favour of one’s enemy, as per the verse

O believers! Stand firm for Allah and bear true testimony. Do not let the hatred of a people lead you to injustice. Be just! That is closer to righteousness. And be mindful of Allah. Surely Allah is All-Aware of what you do.
(Surah Al-Ma-idah, 5:cool

whereas racism calls for favouring one’s own ethnic or racial group at the expense of others.

2. The Quran prohibits looking down and insulting other ethnic groups while racism, on the other hand, condones them.
O believers! Do not let some (men) ridicule others, they may be better than them, nor let (some) women ridicule other women, they may be better than them. Do not defame one another, nor call each other by offensive nicknames. How evil it is to act rebelliously after having faith! And whoever does not repent, it is they who are the wrongdoers.”
(Surah Al-Hujurat, 49:11)

3. The Quran prohibits self-righteousness, while racism does not.

So do not (falsely) elevate yourselves. He knows best who is (truly) righteous.”
(Surah An-Najm, 53:32)

4. The Quran regards taqwa (God’s consciousness) as the basis of a person’s value.

O humanity! Indeed, We created you from a male and a female and made you into peoples and tribes so that you may (get to) know one another. Surely the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous among you. Allah is truly All-Knowing, All-Aware.”
(Surah Al-Hujurat, 49:13)

And the Prophet denied one’s superiority based on lineage and skin colour as reported in a hadith,
An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a White has no superiority over a Black nor a Black has any superiority over a White except by piety and good action.”
(Narrated by Ahmad and Al-Baihaqi)

5. Racism promotes abhorred arrogance and supremacy which characterised Iblis when he refused to prostrate to Adam as commanded by God as in the Quran

He (Iblis) replied, “I am better than he is: You created me from fire and him from clay.”
(Surah Sad, 38:76)

When love and having pride in one’s collective identity (i.e. ethnic group, family, race) is accompanied with the above points, it is known as extreme “asabiyah” which the Prophet warned against in a hadith,

“…One who fights under the banner of a people who are blind (to the cause for which they are fighting, i.e. do not know whether their cause is just or otherwise), who gets flared up with family pride, calls (people) to fight for their family honour, and supports his kith and kin (i.e. fights not for the cause of Allah but for the sake of this family or tribe) - if he is killed (in this fight), he dies as one belonging to the days of Jahiliyyah…”

(Sahih Muslim)

In conclusion, I can say Islam gives solution to mankind's problem and I will like you to refer those questions of yours to any other religions aside Islam.
Because Islam does not obligate Muslims to have a single identity only i.e being Muslim, and abolish the others. Islam recognises the need to have psychological attachments with family, with ethnic and racial groups and regards it as a natural way of being a Muslim.

What Islam forbids is racism, where certain ethnic or religious groups condones injustices, unfair treatment, arrogance, and discrimination against other ethnic or religious groups.

Allah knows best smiley
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Olambees: 6:14pm On Oct 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Is there any unique Islamic group where racism, ethnicity or politics has been conquered?

Because i never heard or seen any yet Muslims claims they are worshiping the God who asked them to greet saying
"PEACE be onto you"
Please tell me the name of that Islamic group that has successfully erased politics and racism from the hearts of the adherents of your Qu'ran.

Please refer to my last post..
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Olambees: 6:32pm On Oct 15, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Did you not hear that anyone who judges himself, his judgement is invalid?

Lol,
I hope this doesn't contradict Jesus Christ in the gospel of John...... John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. and later on,... John 8:18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me. But that not what we are discussing now....
I never judge anyone! I only said from what I observe from being a Muslim, we Muslims are more Christians than you. And I never mistook church for Christianity because I know many christians doesn't go to church and example is the Jehovah witnesses. Even some that I can't really tell their group.

Did you not hear that anyone who judges himself, his judgement is invalid? I'm using your quote to reply this.

And this thread definitely shows how far from Christ you are even though you do not eat pork and do what Christ called "a show of righteousness"

Okay,
Now, convince me to Christianity by using a direct word from Christ...
Note: All quotes must not comes from any other source than from the four canonical (synoptic) gospel..... Do not quote Paul or any other scholars... Let's assume you know about Christ and you happen to be part of witnesses during his trials. Try convincing me to accept him from what you have heard him saying/doing.
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Olambees: 6:41pm On Oct 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

"PEACE be onto you"

I don't understand your view of Islamic group .... There's no group in Islam. And I think I've answered your questions in my previous highlights....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Dtruthspeaker: 7:25pm On Oct 15, 2022
Olambees:

I never judge anyone! I only said from what I observe from being a Muslim, we Muslims are more Christians..

That is a judgement you are passing on yourself, because you are Muslim. Invalid.

Olambees:

Okay,
Now, convince me to Christianity by using a direct word from Christ...
Note: All quotes must not comes from any other source than from the four canonical (synoptic) gospel..... Do not quote Paul or any other scholars...

If Christ's direct Word in Mathew, Mark and co, could not convince you, it is impossible for me or any other lesser follower to do so.

Christ's Words were very precise, clear and direct and all it takes is for any one who TRULY wants to find out if they are a good way to live, IS SIMPLY TO TRY (TEST) THEM OUT. The same way we tested our biology textbooks to see if what they say is True or Robert kiyosaki things or like me James Hardley Chase and other action novels.
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:12pm On Oct 15, 2022
Olambees:

I don't understand your view of Islamic group .... There's no group in Islam. And I think I've answered your questions in my previous highlights....

If there's no Islamic group you can present that has conquered racism and politics then there's nothing unique about Islam!

God is supreme being and among worshipers of God there must be LOVE and PEACE, in the absence of that such a god is worthless!

1 Like

Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Kayberg: 8:04am On Oct 16, 2022
My friend, stab yourself with a knife, wait till evening, cover the wound with Aloes and myrrh and come tell us the result after 3 days.

You keep making your ignorance display, lying to prove yourself right and you think any reasonable person will believe you.

You Muslims claim JESUS CHRIST wasn't the one on the cross.
You Muslims claim it was Judas Iscariot on the cross in place of JESUS CHRIST.
You Muslims still make the same claim it was JESUS CHRIST an the cross, but He didn't die on the cross, yet you admitted He was stabbed while on the cross.

How much more confused are you?
How much more will you lie to dispute the truth that JESUS CHRIST died on the cross?

Please, take your deception to somewhere else.
We already know the truth.
Go off with your lies and deception.
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by famozine1: 8:23pm On Oct 16, 2022
@olambees I can see u really read and understand the Quran but as I heard the Quran is directly from Allah which means it contains no single error but something is wrong here ooo is either you don't believe in the Quran or the Quran contains error.

According to the Quran there is no option given, it only mention that Jesus face was replace with that of Judas but now you are giving several options is either Jesus face was replace, either he don't die on the cross, either this or that out of this several options, you gives, it makes me not to believe in you or the Quran. If you are accurate then the Quran is wrong or the Quran is right you are wrong.
All the points you give can't be back up by the Quran undecided

Conclusion if Jesus doesn't die on the cross of Calvary then his mission on earth is not accomplished
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Olambees: 7:45pm On Oct 19, 2022
Kayberg:
My friend, stab yourself with a knife, wait till evening, cover the wound with Aloes and myrrh and come tell us the result after 3 days.

You keep making your ignorance display, lying to prove yourself right and you think any reasonable person will believe you.

You Muslims claim JESUS CHRIST wasn't the one on the cross.
You Muslims claim it was Judas Iscariot on the cross in place of JESUS CHRIST.
You Muslims still make the same claim it was JESUS CHRIST an the cross, but He didn't die on the cross, yet you admitted He was stabbed while on the cross.

How much more confused are you?
How much more will you lie to dispute the truth that JESUS CHRIST died on the cross?

Please, take your deception to somewhere else.
We already know the truth.
Go off with your lies and deception.

You've copied and pasted this earlier and I think I gave you the best reply.
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Olambees: 7:53pm On Oct 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

If Christ's direct Word in Mathew, Mark and co, could not convince you, it is impossible for me or any other lesser follower to do so.

They couldn't convince me just because they do not agree on each others claim. One would say A, the other B, C, D. If the four synoptic gospels are contrary to each others claim regarding Jesus, then how would you want a reasonable person to accept it.

You Christians are all programmed. Kindly refer to your Bible before it misleads you.

Thanks
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Olambees: 8:32pm On Oct 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Christ's Words were very precise, clear and direct and all it takes is for any one who TRULY wants to find out if they are a good way to live, IS SIMPLY TO TRY (TEST) THEM OUT.

Wow,
Brilliant,
The words of Jesus Christ (pbuh) are repugnant to Christians. Whenever they study the scriptures, they never bother with the doctrines of Christ because his doctrines require one to lay down his life in this world in order to save it for eternity but Christians want the material things of this world and “now now”. So, they search out all manner of phoney and misleading scriptures to fool one another with rather than pay attention to the teachings of Christ.
Unable to stand the “ruthless” doctrines of Christ, you Christians take refuge in the godless and misleading doctrines of Paul.
Have you ever wondered why Paul didn’t write anything whatsoever about any of the doctrines or parables taught by Christ?
You where talking about testing Biology testing Chemistry!!, Could you study Chemistry without discussing atomic theory or gas laws? Is it possible to study Biology without discussing the properties of living things? The very fact that Paul never taught or quoted Christ (his doctrines or parables) in all his letters should get intelligent children of God thinking.
Now, tell me if you follow all this Jesus teachings and Practice.

1. When Muslims pray, they prostrate themselves to God by placing their foreheads on the ground in total submission, in the same fashion that Jesus Christ did: Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, ‘My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.’ (Matthew 26:39).

2. Prophets Moses, Aron, and Jesus Christ, used to wash and purify themselves before prayer just as Muslims do. (Exodus 40:31-32)

3. Muslims do not eat pork, just like Jesus Christ did not. Muslims fast for a month, and Jesus Christ fasted for over a month (Matthew 4:2).

4. Muslims are circumcised just as Jesus Christ was.

5. Jesus Christ had a beard, as many Muslims wear today.

6. Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ, covered her hair as Muslim women do. The Bible states that women who do not cover their heads dishonor their heads. ‘But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven’ (1 Corinthians 11:5). The concept of women covering their hair with the Hijab encompasses more than just covering the head; it entails a modest dress code, behavior, and how one carries herself.

7. Jesus Christ did not engage in usury or interest; he did not give or take interest, as the Old Testament prohibited it: If you lend money to one of my people among you who is needy, do not treat it like a business deal; charge no interest. (Exodus 22:25). Muslims do not engage in the taking or receiving of interest, as it is a major sin in Islam. It is an immoral act that makes the rich richer at the expense of the poor. Again, Christians do not prohibit interest because they do not follow the Law of Jesus Christ but instead follow the teachings of Paul, who abolished all the laws that Jesus Christ affirmed.

Which one of these do you follow as a follower of Christ. Islam is the only religion that believes and honors Jesus Christ while respecting and following his teachings. Muslims are truly faithful followers of Jesus Christ and his teachings.
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Kayberg: 10:18pm On Oct 19, 2022
Olambees:

You've copied and pasted this earlier and I think I gave you the best reply.

Dispute the previous comment.
Re: Biblical Proofs Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross. Part 1 by Dtruthspeaker: 6:44pm On Oct 20, 2022
Olambees:

Wow,
Brilliant,
The words of Jesus Christ (pbuh) are repugnant to Christians...

grin You just want to keep me arguing with you unendingly. I do not do that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Allah Praying To Allah Here? / The Hell Scam / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Masturbate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.