Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,843 members, 7,945,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 01:41 AM

6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church (23346 Views)

Pastor Pulls Pants, Shave Parts Of Members To Deliver Them Spiritually / Punishment Of Junior Pastors In Front Of Members, Right Or Wrong? / 5 Types Of Church Members you come across every sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Risentouch(m): 11:31am On Oct 09, 2022
lala I sight you.
we don miss you here

lalasticlala:
Number 2. That's me. No time for church politics and gossips. Worship and go home.
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Hmsniki(m): 11:31am On Oct 09, 2022
phemmyfour:
The marketers
They are in the church to sell anything and everything. Almost turning the church to a marketplace. No wonder Jesus was angry at such people
Infact that is were some street girls corrupt some gently.
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by BABANGBALI: 11:42am On Oct 09, 2022
Sweetplum:
It be like say you never chop today
I just finished pounded yam, egusi soup with eran igbe, I'm now stepping it down with a very chilled beer. I no be like that your hungry boyfriend wey no get shi shi for pocket

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by bonnyhope: 11:44am On Oct 09, 2022
Donraqh:
This thread does not intend to portray the church in a bad light, however, to point out obvious characters that made up its congregation.

1) The overzealous members

These members appear dedicated to their faith that sometimes you begin to wonder if they're flesh and blood.

If you are looking for a true definition of I'm holier than thou, look no further, they represent everything in-between.

This group of Christians sees anyone who does not operate on the same frequency as them as inferior or better still sinners disguised as Christians.

The worst thing about most of them is, a little encounter with them portrays them to be the exact opposite of what you think they are, transact business with them you'll appreciate better how greed and covetousness are their lots

These members believed they own the church, and they most times control the church leadership.

2) The ordinary members

These members are my favorite type, their own is to attend church services and go home straight, and they don't have time for church politics whatsoever.

The more you try to involve and lure them closer the farther they stay away, they go to church because they're convinced to do so not because of persuasion from anyone.

You'll feel comfortable associating with them more than any other type of member, to them humanity is first before religion.

3) The phone pressers

If you've not noticed these types of members in recent times, you probably are not a regular in the church.

The moment they get sited, they make their phones a companion that no message or order of service matters.

Peep through, you'll be amazed they're on social media, chatting on WhatsApp, etc.

They'll use the entrance and exit more than the ushers, why are they walking up and down? They're talking calls.

4) The fashion members

These group of members hardly come to church, they visit on rare occasions especially when they have new or modern cloth to show off.

They'll be the last to walk into the church when every member is sited and can take cognizance of their attire.

They are filled with innate pride and can give you that gory look if you overstep your boundary into their space by error.

Nothing matters to them more than their clothes and respect.

5) The sleeping members

Everybody may have been a victim of sudden sleep in the church, however, some members are sole custodians of sleeping in the church as always that you'll think they have sleeping sicknesses.

They'll bathe in their house, and put on their best attire just to fall asleep the moment their butts hit the church sit.

Ushers don't tap them anymore, as they easily pick offense for no reason, it's well.

6) The chaikers/receivers

I purposely saved this group of members for the last spot.

Either you refute it or accept it, they are in your church.

The only reason they come to church is to toss babes and most babes are there to give and receive signals too.

Messages about holiness and against fornication are not for them, they are always busy looking for their like and they'll surely get it.

Haven't you heard instances where people were caught having sex in the church toilet or nearby hideouts during night vigils, most parents don't even know what their children are up to. Now you know.

There you have a few on the list, feel free to add yours.

Well Said

But the last one I a m not sure
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Sweetvie: 11:47am On Oct 09, 2022
lalasticlala:
Number 2. That's me. No time for church politics and gossips. Worship and go home.
Welcome back cheesy
We miss you grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 09, 2022
BABANGBALI:
I just finished pounded yam, egusi soup with eran igbe, I'm now stepping it down with a very chilled beer. I no be like that your hungry boyfriend wey no get shi shi for pocket
Talakanaire, you are spotted.
The rich don't shout!
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Sweetvie: 11:50am On Oct 09, 2022
Donraqh:
This thread does not intend to portray the church in a bad light, however, to point out obvious characters that made up its congregation.

These members appear dedicated to their faith that sometimes you begin to wonder if they're flesh and blood.

If you are looking for a true definition of I'm holier than thou, look no further, they represent everything in-between.

This group of Christians sees anyone who does not operate on the same frequency as them as inferior or better still sinners disguised as Christians.

The worst thing about most of them is, a little encounter with them portrays them to be the exact opposite of what you think they are, transact business with them you'll appreciate better how greed and covetousness are their lots

These members believed they own the church, and they most times control the church leadership.

2) The ordinary members

These members are my favorite type, their own is to attend church services and go home straight, and they don't have time for church politics whatsoever.

The more you try to involve and lure them closer the farther they stay away, they go to church because they're convinced to do so not because of persuasion from anyone.

You'll feel comfortable associating with them more than any other type of member, to them humanity is first before religion.

3) The phone pressers

If you've not noticed these types of members in recent times, you probably are not a regular in the church.

The moment they get sited, they make their phones a companion that no message or order of service matters.

Peep through, you'll be amazed they're on social media, chatting on WhatsApp, etc.

They'll use the entrance and exit more than the ushers, why are they walking up and down? They're talking calls.

4) The fashion members

These group of members hardly come to church, they visit on rare occasions especially when they have new or modern cloth to show off.

They'll be the last to walk into the church when every member is sited and can take cognizance of their attire.

They are filled with innate pride and can give you that gory look if you overstep your boundary into their space by error.

5) The sleeping members

Everybody may have been a victim of sudden sleep in the church, however, some members are sole custodians of sleeping in the church as always that you'll think they have sleeping sicknesses.

They'll bathe in their house, and put on their best attire just to fall asleep the moment their butts hit the church sit.

Ushers don't tap them anymore, as they easily pick offense for no reason, it's well.

The only reason they come to church is to toss babes and most babes are there to give and receive signals too.

Messages about holiness and against fornication are not for them, they are always busy looking for their like and they'll surely get it.

Haven't you heard instances where people were caught having sex in the church toilet or nearby hideouts during night vigils, most parents don't even know what their children are up to. Now you know.

Am no 2 and a bit of no3 I just don't pick calls or stand up in church smiley
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by BABANGBALI: 11:51am On Oct 09, 2022
Sweetplum:
Talakanaire, you are spotted.
The rich don't shout!
yinmu
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by DukeofUmueri247: 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2022
Reallife17:
So na you be the lalasticlacla wen I dey hear every time
Yea..He is Lala the snake lover..

2 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Smilgler(m): 12:19pm On Oct 09, 2022
U ar on point , that's how am living my life now o, go to church , immediately after service , am out

KingLennon:
Am number 2 by a mile. I go to church to hear the word and leave immediately the service is over. You'll be more focused and highly respected.

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by KingLennon(m): 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2022
Smilgler:
U ar on point , that's how am living my life now o, go to church , immediately after service , am out

That's the code bro. It makes church going less stressful

2 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by KnackAmPlank: 12:32pm On Oct 09, 2022
Number 2
And number 6 na me
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Newborn27(f): 1:10pm On Oct 09, 2022
lalasticlala:

Welcome back Mr Lalasticlala.... it's been long we saw you on here.....where have you been sir?

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 09, 2022
Fiscus105:

Number six, u also engaged in it, little wonder u hardly sleep.
Hardly sleep indeed..lol.
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Sprinklepee: 1:32pm On Oct 09, 2022
You valid Op, me and my guy na to go church go find people yab and use dem laff
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Munzy14(m): 1:37pm On Oct 09, 2022
Number 2 sure pass.. cheesy
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 09, 2022
gift2xl:

I don forgive you, because today teaching na forgiveness.
Which church is that?
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by DeFiLord155(m): 1:45pm On Oct 09, 2022
Donraqh:

2) The ordinary members

3) The phone pressers

4) The fashion members

5) The sleeping members

I be confirm number 2

Meanwhile I am holding a free class where I'm teaching people the secret on how to get DeFi jobs on discord for FREE.

If you are interested message me on WhatsApp 09133034049
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by darexolu16(m): 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2022
Reallife17:

U made me to notice him for the first time too...he too popular for hia o

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Fiscus105(m): 2:36pm On Oct 09, 2022
Quinex2:
Hardly sleep indeed..lol.

Hope u Know number six talk about guy who purposely going to church for girls and for girls going thr fir guys
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by abimic(m): 2:44pm On Oct 09, 2022
So in all the churches you have attended, from childhood till date, you have not encountered those that are genuine Christians and members, that are committed to their faith, or you just want to intentionally paint everyone bad.

When you admonish anyone about their wrong deeds, they tag you holier than thou, a wrong way to learn and take correction, my friend would call them Gen Z.

Your favourite is the ordinary member, if everyone is as you painted, how then would the church grow?

Well, there are those that are committed and would be ready to make the church grow genuinely in their little ways, which is the first that should top your list.

There are with no doubt overzealous members going by your context, but no one genuinely led by the spirit would be "overzealous".

2 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Anndrew(m): 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2022
No 2 description is talking about me..no time. After church..am off..
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2022
Fiscus105:

Hope u Know number six talk about guy who purposely going to church for girls and for girls going thr fir guys
Yea, but then, people meet their spouses in church too. So, yea, sending/receiving of signals is allowed. That doesn't defeat my main purpose of attending the church, which is to worship God in fellowship with other brethren. Got it?
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Lovelydaisies: 3:06pm On Oct 09, 2022
The OP is being one sided. What about the true worshippers? What do you mean by ordinary members? Is getting involved in one association or another a bad thing? This our generation of youths is becoming 'too wise's and 'lazy', thinking we are woke. So those in associations and committees are overzealous. Nonsense.

You better look for a church group to join so as to increase your piety. And if you don't want to, don't criticize those who do as overzealous. Some of those groups help in church cleaning, worship, spiritual upliftment,Sunday gatherings, looking out/after members etc.

We just dey find way to remove ourselves from commitment, while criticising those who do. Mtchew!
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Lovelydaisies: 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2022
abimic:
So in all the churches you have attended, from childhood till date, you have not encountered those that are genuine Christians and members, that are committed to their faith, or you just want to intentionally paint everyone bad.

When you admonish anyone about their wrong deeds, they tag you holier than thou, a wrong way to learn and take correction, my friend would call them Gen Z.

Your favourite is the ordinary member, if everyone is as you painted, how then would the church grow?

Well, there are those that are committed and would be ready to make the church grow genuinely in their little ways, which is the first that should top your list.

There are with no doubt overzealous members going by your context, but no one genuinely led by the spirit would be "overzealous".

Thank you very much. People will now see the ordinary members as cool. If you try to practice your faith, they call you religious. We are all religious as long as we practice a faith or religion. Just don't be hypocritical or overzealous, as the op would put it.

We don't want to be judged but we judge others. This our generation z get k-leg.
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by FullBlastLight: 3:20pm On Oct 09, 2022
Reallife17:

Laughing... grin

U no even sabi write im Monika sef!

Wetin u write funny me, aswear! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by folake4u(f): 3:25pm On Oct 09, 2022
I fall under Number 2.
I nor get energy for nonsense abeg. undecided
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Ujm1: 3:33pm On Oct 09, 2022
Really
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Karlifate: 3:40pm On Oct 09, 2022
LMAO! grin grin

Donraqh, you're on point.

grin cheesy
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by abimic(m): 3:40pm On Oct 09, 2022
Lovelydaisies:

Thank you very much. People will now see the ordinary members as cool. If you try to practice your faith, they call you religious. We are all religious as long as we practice a faith or religion. Just don't be hypocritical or overzealous, as the op would put it.

We don't want to be judged but we judge others. This our generation z get k-leg.

No mind am, only him knows the kind of church he goes to.

Still, we won't stop winning souls, gain more for the Lord and live a glorifying life.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by kingmsookwagh(m): 3:54pm On Oct 09, 2022
My Number 2ism is stronger than the number 2 itself...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Really Benefits From Nigeria's 'prosperity Gospel'? (BBC News) / Pls Can I Get Interpretation To My Dream / "My Hero": Lizzy Johnson Suleman Releases Love Song For Apostle Suleman (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.