Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,774 members, 7,969,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 12:54 AM

Babangida Is Against Single Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida Is Against Single Term (508 Views)

Babangida Is The Leader Of The North - Atiku / Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense / Maryam Babangida Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Babangida Is Against Single Term by gfus: 2:49am On Aug 17, 2011
Former Military President, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, on Tuesday said the proposed single term for the President and Governors will not solve political problems of the country.
Babangida made the remark in Minna while exchanging views with the members of the Correspondents Chapel of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, Niger Council as part of events to mark his 70th birthday slated for Wednesday.

“I do not believe a single tenure of six years will solve our problems and I had argued my position with friends on many occasions in the past and even now. “

He said the proposal for single term had been canvassed by previous administrations and that Nigerians ditched the parliamentary system for presidential system of governance.

Babangida said it was time Nigeria made the presidential system of government to work.

http://www.livenigeriapost.com/2011/08/17/single-term-will-not-solve-political-problem-ibb/

(1) (Reply)

Beaf Where Did You Get That Fake Cheque Of Delta State. / Ngozi Iweala,There Is No Fuel Subsidy In Nigeria,Iweala want to destroy Economy / We Will Change Nigeria’s Investment Environment –president Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.