Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,211 members, 7,928,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 07:17 PM

Right To Advice A Friend To Have Something Doing? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Right To Advice A Friend To Have Something Doing? (190 Views)

Do Nigeria Banks Have The Right To Retain 10% From A Deceased’s Account? / A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) / How To Get N5000 Everytime You Refer A Friend To United Bank For Africa (UBA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Right To Advice A Friend To Have Something Doing? by webm: 7:49pm On Oct 10, 2022
I have a friend that would always ask me for small change like 5k, 10k, etc.
For over 2yrs now, i have been giving this guy these money without asking him to pay back. From my calculations, I’ve given this guy not less than 300k.

At some point this year, i decided that anytime he asks for money, I’m going to tell him that it’s a loan. I did it successfully and right now he’s owing me 55k.

Few days ago, I gave him 5k when we went to a function and today he asked for a loan.

Deep down i had been wanting to tell him to start something whenever he asks of money but I don’t know how to approach it so I don’t offend him, so today i decided to man up.

He previously told me about a dry cleaning business he wanted to start but is lacking capital. I was thinking he’s going to ask for some loan to start it but he didn’t ask.

So this last time he asked for small loan of 20k, i told him look, I’m not happy giving you these small money and calling it loan. That i prefer him to borrow money for a biz.

We have 2 mutual friends that are well todo and i was like the 3 of us can support him to start a business.

After telling him these, I found out that he’s angry because the account i told him to send to me he didn’t send it.

This is good advice but I now feel bad giving it to him. What do you think?
Re: Right To Advice A Friend To Have Something Doing? by Charleys: 8:40pm On Oct 10, 2022
You did the right thing.

(1) (Reply)

GREE Air Conditioner Unveils New Product Friday, Woos New Dealers / This Will Save You From Being Broke. Open This Post And Take The Required Action / $50 Million Brownish Yellow Diamond From Africa Displayed In Dubai. V And Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.