Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,302 members, 7,947,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 07:58 PM

Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! (2276 Views)

Missed Period And No Pregnancy / Soldier Gets Home After 8 Months To Meet His Wife 3-Months Pregnant For Her Ex / 19-Year-Old Orphan Who Refused To Abort Pregnancy After She Was Gang Raped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by susrite(m): 6:41am On Oct 11, 2022
Hi Nairalanders, I have a very close friend who isn't officially married tho but she got pregnant for her fiancee somewhat early February. She's 24.
However, since the intake she has done 7 scans including the last one she did yesterday, but after 8 months of pregnancy, the result is still showing no signs of foetus
Although she is 8 months pregnant but if she's not telling you directly, it'll be difficult to detect cos she barely have a belly bump.

Shes devastated right now and on the verge of doing something really crazy.

What could be the cause of this? I'm not with the result she did yesterday but I'll snap the one she dis when the pregnancy was 4 months.

Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 11, 2022
Sometimes scans na scam
Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by susrite(m): 6:48am On Oct 11, 2022
Williamscalper:
Sometimes scans na scam
from 1st month till 8 months in 3 different labs?
Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by fineboynl(m): 6:55am On Oct 11, 2022
Maybe she is not pregnant. but how do you know she is pregnant.
Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by GoldSantana: 6:55am On Oct 11, 2022
Did she do another pregnancy test (blood) after the one she did on the 6th of June?
If yes, what is the result?
Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by Mrkrobz(m): 7:01am On Oct 11, 2022
Don't panic
Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by robinso01(m): 7:11am On Oct 11, 2022
That does not mean she won't give birth in the 9th month.
Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by oluplus(m): 7:26am On Oct 11, 2022
Why did she assume she's pregnant?

5 Likes

Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by dawnomike(m): 7:30am On Oct 11, 2022
9 months is almost here.... let's all wait till then
Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by ireneidiva(f): 7:33am On Oct 11, 2022
Blood test is negative. Scan says no pregnancy. No bump. So who told her that she is pregnant?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by susrite(m): 8:11am On Oct 11, 2022
fineboynl:
Maybe she is not pregnant. but how do you know she is pregnant.
cos she told me. She had symptoms of a pregnant lady. For a whole month she kept spitting profusely. Even the fiance told me himself
Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by susrite(m): 8:11am On Oct 11, 2022
GoldSantana:
Did she do another pregnancy test (blood) after the one she did on the 6th of June?
If yes, what is the result?
yes. Check the second image I uploaded. That's a blood pregnancy test
Mrkrobz:
Don't panic
I don't think she'll take this right now
Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by susrite(m): 8:12am On Oct 11, 2022
robinso01:
That does not mean she won't give birth in the 9th month.
bate you sure. Even now she has been complaining of stomach pains and mucus discharge
Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by susrite(m): 8:13am On Oct 11, 2022
ireneidiva:
Blood test is negative. Scan says no pregnancy. No bump. So who told her that she is pregnant?
her stomach now is really bumped up, just like a person in her 5 month pregnancy, she can easily bee seen as a pregnant woman now, but why scan is still showing negative till yesterday is what's baffling us all
Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by ireneidiva(f): 8:19am On Oct 11, 2022
susrite:
her stomach now is really bumped up, just like a person in her 5 month pregnancy, she can easily bee seen as a pregnant woman now, but why scan is still showing negative till yesterday is what's baffling us all
What if it is fibroid or something else? I know scans can be misleading. But blood test and scan at the same time?

7 Likes

Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by susrite(m): 8:23am On Oct 11, 2022
ireneidiva:

What if it is fibroid or something else? I know scans can be misleading. But blood test and scan at the same time?
the last test she did, it confirmed that no sign of fibroid either.
Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by GoldSantana: 8:48am On Oct 11, 2022
If scan says there's no pregnancy at this stage then it's either she's not pregnant or the baby is not growing in the womb.

Let her do another blood test. If it's negative, then it means something else is responsible for the protruded abdomen.

2 Likes

Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by frozen70(f): 9:23am On Oct 11, 2022
susrite:
cos she told me. She had symptoms of a pregnant lady. For a whole month she kept spitting profusely. Even the fiance told me himself

Its either she is having a firbrod

Or she is having an undeveloped pregnancy

Doctor's will put her on CS if she doesn't deliver on her date
Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by DBestDoc(f): 9:33am On Oct 11, 2022
susrite:

If different scans cannot find a heartbeat at this time, she’s definitely not pregnant. And pregnancy should be the least of your worries cos the scan is querying pelvic inflammatory disease. You should be more concerned about this.

The whole scenario sounds like this Cryptic pregnancy scam, but at 24 , I’m wondering why she’d fall for it though.

My suggestion is to go get herself checked out for possible cause of the PID and treat accordingly to avoid future infertility. You should also get treated ‘cause you probably have whatever infection she’s habouring

8 Likes

Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by DBestDoc(f): 9:37am On Oct 11, 2022
susrite:
Hi Nairalanders, I have a very close friend who isn't officially married tho but she got pregnant for her fiancee somewhat early February. She's 24.
However, since the intake she has done 7 scans including the last one she did yesterday, but after 8 months of pregnancy, the result is still showing no signs of foetus
Although she is 8 months pregnant but if she's not telling you directly, it'll be difficult to detect cos she barely have a belly bump.

What could be the cause of this? I'm not with the result she did yesterday but I'll snap the one she dis when the pregnancy was 4 months.

Why would a 24 yr old single lady be so desperate to get pregnant though?

The story is not complete.

3 Likes

Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by vvvbobby205(m): 3:47pm On Oct 11, 2022
susrite:

how did she/you confirmed she was pregnant from the beginning?
Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by vvvbobby205(m): 3:50pm On Oct 11, 2022
susrite:

no matter how closely related symptoms are to a medical condition, it is never a basis for confirmation without adequate laboratory diagnosis.
Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by vvvbobby205(m): 3:52pm On Oct 11, 2022
susrite:

can you share yesterday's scan result.?
there maybe a leadway from the sonographer's observation and conclusion.
Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by ambient: 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2022
susrite:

Read up on ovarian cyst,it has all symptoms of pregnancy.
Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On Oct 11, 2022
susrite:
Hi Nairalanders, I have a very close friend who isn't officially married tho but she got pregnant for her fiancee somewhat early February. She's 24. However, since the intake she has done 7 scans including the last one she did yesterday, but after 8 months of pregnancy, the result is still showing no signs of foetus. Although she is 8 months pregnant but if she's not telling you directly, it'll be difficult to detect cos she barely have a belly bump. Shes devastated right now and on the verge of doing something really crazy.
When you say "scans" what exactly do you mean? Ultrasound? undecided

How exactly is your friend able to confirm that she is pregnant though if she does not look pregnant and the scans say she is not? Probably best she gets herself to a doctor immediately so they can catch whatever it may be in time. undecided
Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by susrite(m): 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
DBestDoc:

If different scans cannot find a heartbeat at this time, she’s definitely not pregnant. And pregnancy should be the least of your worries cos the scan is querying pelvic inflammatory disease. You should be more concerned about this.

The whole scenario sounds like this Cryptic pregnancy scam, but at 24 , I’m wondering why she’d fall for it though.

My suggestion is to go get herself checked out for possible cause of the PID and treat accordingly to avoid future infertility. You should also get treated ‘cause you probably have whatever infection she’s laboring.
ok
Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by susrite(m): 4:14pm On Oct 11, 2022
vvvbobby205:

how did she/you confirmed she was pregnant from the beginning?
she had symptoms of a newly pregnant lady! Even the fiance told me he doesn't know what to do cis he thinks she is pregnant.
Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by susrite(m): 4:14pm On Oct 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
When you say "scans" what exactly do you mean? Ultrasound? undecided

How exactly is your friend able to confirm that she is pregnant though if she does not look pregnant and the scans say she is not? Probably best she gets herself to a doctor immediately so they can catch whatever it may be in time. undecided
thanks. I'll talk to the man she has
Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by capnies: 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2022
A FOETUS OF EIGHTH MONTHS SHOULD BE KICKING REGULARLY

4 Likes

Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by vvvbobby205(m): 7:55pm On Oct 11, 2022
susrite:
she had symptoms of a newly pregnant lady! Even the fiance told me he doesn't know what to do cis he thinks she is pregnant.

pregnancy symptoms are non-specific.

she is most likely not pregnant

1 Like

Re: Scan Still Saying No Pregnancy After 8 Months! Help!!! by eyinjuege: 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2022
When you people finish deceiving yourself, you will face reality.
Your girlfriend isn't pregnant
Doesn't mean she wont get pregnant tomorrow though

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Types Of Husbands- See Where You Belong / Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. / My Uncle Unknowingly Said He Has A Hand In My Father's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.