Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,475 members, 7,891,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:37 PM

Let's Talk About Breast Ptosis - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Let's Talk About Breast Ptosis (196 Views)

Facts About Breast / 5 Myths About Breast Cancer Debunked / Are You A Woman? This Is What You Need To Know About Breast Cancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let's Talk About Breast Ptosis by Tomiwasamuel(m): 11:43pm On Oct 11, 2022
The month of October every year is dedicated to creating awareness about breast cancer, this has been the usual practice around the world since 1985. It will surprise you to know that breast cancer also affects men , statistics show that 1 out of every 100 breast cancer diagnosed in the United States of America is found in a man. My write up today is not about breast cancer per-say, but as we are in the month that enlightens and create awareness about breast cancer I find it necessary that I write about Breast Ptosis.
Breast Ptosis is the medical term for sagging breast. I have heard of misconceptions about sagging boobs, its causes and body shaming of ladies that are affected. I write today to correct untrue beliefs and to also help ladies that are displeased with or depressed by their sagging breast.
First thing to note is that it is natural as a lady for your breast to sag. However, other things that can cause sagging breast include;
1. Pregnancy causes ligaments that support your breast to stretch and drop as they get heavier to support your baby
2. Smoking can make your breast sag as it causes the skin to lose its flexibility and strength
3. Larger and heavier breasts are more likely to sag over time
4. Losing too much weight can change your chest shape and affect the breast appearance
5. Being overweight causes the skin and breast to stretch and drop
6. Too much exposure to sun’s UV can affect the breast as it breakdown collagen and elastin
7. Menopause causes hormonal changes that affect skin elasticity
8. Extreme exercise can cause connective tissue to break down
9. Illness like breast cancer and tuberculosis can weaken tissue and breast support
Next time you see a lady with sagging boobs It is wrong for you to assume it was caused by excessive sucking, handling or abstainance from bra as these plays little or no role in the sagging of a lady’s breast.
For those that are seeking for a solution to their sagging breast or a way to make them raise or stay up forever, I am happy to inform you that the best and assured way is through plastic surgery. However there are some measures you can take that may help sustain your breast size and shape, they include;
1. Exercise, though it cannot affect your breast directly as the breast does not have muscles, you can engage in exercise that will affect the muscles and tissues beneath the breast which will in turn affect the appearance of the breast like pushups, swimming, bench press, arm curls etc
2. Balance diet will help keep your body in good shape, ditch junk food and fatty food that can make you gain extra weight, stay hydrated by taking enough water and run from smoking
3. Teach your body a good posture. Bad posture like hunched or bent back can make the breast to hang by their own weight which will put more pressure and tension on the breast tissue.
4. Properly fitted bra gives added support that reduces the strain and stress on your breasts supporting tissues and muscles, also if you gain or lose weight, make sure you get fitted.
Lastly, let us desist from body shaming ladies with sagging boobs. Ladies with sagging boobs should also not get depressed because of their breast. To upcoming mothers that intend to not give their babies extensive breast feeding because of the fear of sagging breast, note that it is pregnancy that affects your breast size and shape not breast feeding.
Important notice to all ladies; it is advisable that bras should not be worn for more than 8 hours daily, and pls do not wear bra to bed, let your breast enjoy fresh air.
This is for educational purpose only, think not otherwise.

(1) (Reply)

How Health Insurance Deductibles Work / What Is Exclusion In Health Insurance? / How To Last Longer In Bed - For Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.