Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,133 members, 7,931,873 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 01:43 PM

We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group (22348 Views)

Yahaya Bello And Dangote Reconcile, Settle Rift Over Obajana Cement (Photos) / FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory / Kogi Government Moves To Recover Obajana Cement Company From Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by AllDModsAreMaad: 10:17am On Oct 12, 2022
If only this is Rivers, by now them for some change the name of the company to Rivers Cement PLC.

Wike like this kind fight.
Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by ppogba: 10:18am On Oct 12, 2022
The most vital information the man withheld is the fact that successive Governors of Kogi state have been collecting their own cut based on the bags of cement produced daily.
Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by AbuAeesha: 10:18am On Oct 12, 2022
SouthSouth1914:
I hate Dangote nepotistic and selfish style of business. He always want to dominate with fraudulent practices. We all saw the documents and it’s contents.

Dangote should go to hell. One of the many wicked peeps from the North. Always using government resources for his personal use.

Whichever way you see it, Dangote is a thief in disguise. He never really worked hard like every other billionaires out there!
its obvious u are pained,but no justification for these allegation of urs.
Dangote's personal business can be traced as far back as 80's while his family's business can be traced as far back as 30's go find out bfr u make conclusion.
moreover no evidence this man is the reason of ur failure.
"why call somebody's father a THIEF when you can't point out a single property he stole from you"
go hustle!!!
go hustle!!!
go hustle!!!

4 Likes

Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by meetme01: 10:18am On Oct 12, 2022
Alwaysready:
Tor

The group said the Kogi government had no equity interest in Obajana Cement Plc, and that the company had been paying relevant state taxes, levies and charges to the Kogi government since it started production in 2007.

Publish details let all Nigerians see pls. I guess they have been paying to the formal governors purse .

What do I even care to know. Even the company,if dem leave am,Kogi govt no fit fund am.

I am thinking Bello wants to change the status quo acrued to formal governors of the state.

Bello doesn't have the resources to take over that company as it stands so,they should settle all their differences amicably.

Dangote ,Dangote,Dangote. How many times I call ya name? I know say you dey NL ,you or your personal assistance dey here dey read.

Make una take cognisance of all the complains by the protesters and work on them. Settle Kogi govt and let the scuttle end.

No forget to patronize me oh, Dangote. Check my sig. grin

The question you ought to ask is this, why now? The Gov. is about to leave office and acting on this issue. Was he not aware of the series of panels set up by the state house of assembly and judiciary? See, there is more to this issue. It has been politicised.
Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by kitombo: 10:23am On Oct 12, 2022
Alwaysready:
Tor

The group said the Kogi government had no equity interest in Obajana Cement Plc, and that the company had been paying relevant state taxes, levies and charges to the Kogi government since it started production in 2007.

Publish details let all Nigerians see pls. I guess they have been paying to the formal governors purse .

What do I even care to know. Even the company,if dem leave am,Kogi govt no fit fund am.

I am thinking Bello wants to change the status quo acrued to formal governors of the state.

Bello doesn't have the resources to take over that company as it stands so,they should settle all their differences amicably.

Dangote ,Dangote,Dangote. How many times I call ya name? I know say you dey NL ,you or your personal assistance dey here dey read.

Make una take cognisance of all the complains by the protesters and work on them. Settle Kogi govt and let the scuttle end.

No forget to patronize me oh, Dangote. Check my sig. grin

...former and not "formal"
Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by Untube: 10:25am On Oct 12, 2022
Okoyeebo:
Fear Government.
Yahaya Bello can decide to revoke their CofO and pay 18,500 as compensation to Dangote and there is absolutely nothing Dangote can do. It is absolutely legal.
It is better Dangote calms down and dialogues with Bello.

Law student well done lol

1 Like

Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by Originalsly: 10:27am On Oct 12, 2022
Seems like someone trying to take Dangote hostage ... pay up or we'll shut down operations. What's funny is people will condemn and be quick to take action against Dangote ... a local company.... but foreign companies would make them see hell and the same people will just suffer and smile ... or move along without raising their voices or a finger.
The State had the company and did nothing ... for years ... why would the people now be asking for the State to take control? Would the same happen whenever Dangote refinery is up and running ? This is not good for prospective investors .... unstable local governments.

5 Likes

Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by DADYLEED: 10:27am On Oct 12, 2022
The company said the government of Kogi had no minerals to give, had no assets to give, and only invited DIL as most responsible governments do to come into the state and invest in a manner that will create employment, develop the state, and earn it taxes.Out of all, only the above statements gat my attention. Where is the development you have brought to the state? Is killing of innocent road users and spoiling the manageable roads we have before ur arrival now a development, just go to kogi east,ANKPA local government precisely and see that this people have done more harm than good if at all they is any good deed, Rubish.

2 Likes

Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by Alwaysready(m): 10:28am On Oct 12, 2022
kitombo:

...former and not "formal"

Thanks for acknowledgment. I been dey rush type ni.
Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by Patriotsleague: 10:31am On Oct 12, 2022
Governor of Kogi should think about the jobs and economic expansion being created by the sighting of this manufacturing plant in their state. A governor must propel growth and job creation for the state he leads, not stifle it. Yahaya Bello has not done anything in Kogi state, and he collect billions monthly from FG as allocations. Kogi people should demand from their governors. Dangote is trying to get you people employed and put money in your pockets.

1 Like

Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by Hemaah: 10:33am On Oct 12, 2022
Ok continue
Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by Jocdon(m): 10:33am On Oct 12, 2022
Is it because i kept quite since, dangote and kogi should handsoff in that case because obajena belongs to me.

1 Like

Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by Allisgud: 10:33am On Oct 12, 2022
If other business men are enjoying monopoly like dangote,dangote no go see their back

1 Like

Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by matrixme(m): 10:38am On Oct 12, 2022
People should see the bigger picture here. Dangote is a selfish capitalist who cares for nothing other than his family name and business interests. Apart from the road from the company to kabba built by the company, what other things have the immediate community of Obajana benefitted from the massive industry? If you pass through frequently, you will see lots of uncompleted and unplastered houses everywhere. Nothing of significance happens in Obajana apart from cement dust big generator noises.
I really pity those ones in Lekki who has welcomed his refinery with open hands. They will understand things better soon. How about his salt factory in Sango? I've been in that neighborhood before. Even the road there is terrible.
Thank God Ondo state dodged the bullet of his refinery. The more you look, the less you see indeed.

1 Like

Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by owobokiri(m): 10:40am On Oct 12, 2022
Criminal
Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by Parachoko: 10:41am On Oct 12, 2022
Patriotsleague:
Governor of Kogi should think about the jobs and economic expansion being created by the sighting of this manufacturing plant in their state. A governor must propel growth and job creation for the state he leads, not stifle it. Yahaya Bello has not done anything in Kogi state, and he collect billions monthly from FG as allocations. Kogi people should demand from their governors. Dangote is trying to get you people employed and put money in your pockets.
But what if the Kogi Government is right in all this, they shouldn't fight for their right because of this your opinion?
Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by casualobserver: 10:42am On Oct 12, 2022
This is why investment in Nigeria is risky. Somebody that has no money to develop land or company will agree to sell to you, You didn’t put a gun to their heads o! You risk your investment and when you are successful they will start forming it is their land….land that you sold?

2 Likes

Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by Parachoko: 10:42am On Oct 12, 2022
matrixme:
People should see the bigger picture here. Dangote is a selfish capitalist who cares for nothing other than his family name and business interests. Apart from the road from the company to kabba built by the company, what other things have the immediate community of Obajana benefitted from the massive industry? If you pass through frequently, you will see lots of uncompleted and unplastered houses everywhere. Nothing of significance happens in Obajana apart from cement dust big generator noises.
I really pity those ones in Lekki who has welcomed his refinery with open hands. They will understand things better soon. How about his salt factory in Sango? I've been in that neighborhood before. Even the road there is terrible.
Thank God Ondo state dodged the bullet of his refinery. The more you look, the less you see indeed.
Who should be blame in all this, the Government? Dangote? Or the People?
Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by GloriousGbola: 10:43am On Oct 12, 2022
Okoyeebo:
Fear Government.
Yahaya Bello can decide to revoke their CofO and pay 18,500 as compensation to Dangote and there is absolutely nothing Dangote can do. It is absolutely legal.

Yes, he can. And he can sentence kogi state to a civil service future. You think businesses are not watching?

This is how ondo lost out dangote refinery.

It is not as if kogi is a wealthy state with multiple sources of income

It seems yeye bellows parting gift to the state will be pariah status
Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by Okoyeebo: 10:45am On Oct 12, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Yes, he can. And he can sentence kogi state to a civil service future. You think businesses are not watching?

This is how ondo lost out dangote refinery.

It is not as if kogi is a wealthy state with multiple sources of income

It seems yeye bellows parting gift to the state will be pariah status

You're 100% correct.
Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by Deltavariant(m): 10:51am On Oct 12, 2022
Aareakinwunmi:
Northern Elites have been milking Southern States resources since 1960, major reason they can't allow the south secede
go study geography first before talking
Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by Deltavariant(m): 10:55am On Oct 12, 2022
Most of the dummies supporting GYB are working as punery slaves in companies but have the guts to criticise Dangote, 75% of Dangote companies are located in the south.
Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by entrep88: 10:58am On Oct 12, 2022
Kogi should trend with caution on this case, as a quick reminder FG just settled $469M to GINL Arbitration against FG for Ajaokuta Steel. If this case goes to court Kogi will loose out, because Govt Lawyers will compromise.
Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by SouthSouth1914: 11:10am On Oct 12, 2022
AbuAeesha:

its obvious u are pained,but no justification for these allegation of urs.
Dangote's personal business can be traced as far back as 80's while his family's business can be traced as far back as 30's go find out bfr u make conclusion.
moreover no evidence this man is the reason of ur failure.
"why call somebody's father a THIEF when you can't point out a single property he stole from you"
go hustle!!!
go hustle!!!
go hustle!!!

Mumu.., I live comfortably and the joke is on you. You must be a learner and neck deep in Dangote’s ass.

“It is amazing to see the extent to which Nigeria’s macroeconomic policies are tweaked to give Dangote’s companies favourable treatment that doesn’t translate into cost-effective benefits for the rest of the nation. Macroeconomic policy should help create a stable economic environment for the majority”.

As an ignoramus, I would not want to enlighten you the many ills of Dangote’s destructive monopolistic tendencies in connivance with the government at the detriment of the Nigerian people.

5 Likes

Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by Elidrisy20: 11:13am On Oct 12, 2022
Na lie ,it belongs to kogi state
Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by Spanki(f): 11:29am On Oct 12, 2022
oshozondii:

https://www.nannews.ng/2022/10/12/we-own-obajana-cement-plant-100-dangote-group/

Publish you Certificate of occupancy
Publish your tax history to show that you have been paying tax. Simple!

1 Like

Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by integrity16(m): 11:31am On Oct 12, 2022
I stand with dangote on this .
Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by Donlanray: 11:33am On Oct 12, 2022
hurryup123:
Mr Anthony Chiejina, Group Head

Igbos are the brains behind most successful businesses in this country.
If you want your company/Business to Flourish today please employ and make igbo man the head.

IGBO KWENU

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked chi
. Chiejina is not heading the company, he is only the image maker. You are a bloody tribalist.

2 Likes

Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by baralatie(m): 11:36am On Oct 12, 2022
Ok
Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by Charly500(m): 11:41am On Oct 12, 2022
h
Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by Jackbaur88: 11:44am On Oct 12, 2022
People are quick to judge Dangote. The truth is, business people know the nonchalant attitude of our government when it comes to business and issues that have direct bearing on the citizens.
Re: We Own Obajana Cement Plant 100% – Dangote Group by Reference(m): 11:44am On Oct 12, 2022
Okoyeebo:
Fear Government.

Oga.
Everywhere else in the world where people are not in love with poverty industry rules and businesses are the lifeline of communities/societies.
The only economic leverage government has is the control of macro-economics and its resources limited to credit.
Government in itself does not create wealth or generate income.

So you better get your head straight as to what comes first, the chicken or the egg.
If Dangote leaves the State will be worse for it, period.
It is the government that should sit and negotiate or renegotiate an obviously poor initial agreement/arrangement, or head to arbitration.

If Nigeria was a proper Federation other States with similar mineral deposits/resources will be placing calls to the company right now to relocate operations to their climes on better terms and even offering to offset the costs therein.

What happened to the Niger-Delta when the agitation peaked. Oil companies packed out and headed to Lagos leaving the local economies in tatters and now that the whole country is unstable they are all leaving the business entirely for local companies to take over and we can all see the result, rampaging oil theft leaving the government seriously short on revenue.

Leave it abeg. Big business always wins. Ghana that has absorbed scores of Nigerian Industries are not complaining. It is our government that is broke.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy: You’re Acting Peter Obi’s Script – Fani-kayode Lambasts NLC / Four-yr-old Twins Suffocate To Death Inside Car In Aba / Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.