Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,624 members, 7,908,618 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 09:42 AM

ABS Light Showing On The Dashboard - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ABS Light Showing On The Dashboard (1536 Views)

Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time / Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. / Dangers Of Placing Your Feet On The Dashboard Of Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ABS Light Showing On The Dashboard by Demor1: 9:29am On Oct 14, 2022
the ABS indicator keep showing once a while from the dashboard of honda EOD but doesnt affect any functionality of the car.

atimes i will speed up the acceleration to check if it will affect movements in anyway but wont.

i dont know if anyone has experienced such and the eventuality of it
Re: ABS Light Showing On The Dashboard by chinachukwu(m): 9:45am On Oct 14, 2022
Check if your brake pads are worn out, check the brake fluid to know if it's low, if low bring it to the upper line, if all good then check the abs fuse inside the car compartment. If good then check the abs sensor and wire around your tire to know if it's ok.. Goodluck.. I didn't mention the abs controller itself because your problem no go reach there, hopefully lol

2 Likes

Re: ABS Light Showing On The Dashboard by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:30am On Oct 14, 2022
Demor1:
the ABS indicator keep showing once a while from the dashboard of honda EOD but doesnt affect any functionality of the car.

atimes i will speed up the acceleration to check if it will affect movements in anyway but wont.

Your ABS doesn't affect your speed so speeding up won't show you anything. But if you speed up and press sharply on your brake. You should feel a sway. That's how you know you have abs problems. But a sway when you match your brake can be something else too (e.g ball joints or alignment issues).
Meanwhile, first check the simply fixes like brake pad and brake fluid. If those are fine. Take off the tires and inspect the abs components. Be ready tho, ABS warning light can be a b1tch, that light doesn't like to go away easily.
Re: ABS Light Showing On The Dashboard by Demor1: 2:40pm On Oct 14, 2022
thanks all for the comments....i later told one mechanic in my area which he mention one sensor wire but i'm just seeking comments here from experienced people before i will take it to my mechanic on monday when around.

cheers!
Re: ABS Light Showing On The Dashboard by ThatIgboBoy: 10:00am On Oct 16, 2022
Demor1:
thanks all for the comments....i later told one mechanic in my area which he mention one sensor wire but i'm just seeking comments here from experienced people before i will take it to my mechanic on monday when around.

cheers!

Have you been able to resolve this?
Re: ABS Light Showing On The Dashboard by kingreign(m): 10:24am On Oct 16, 2022
Demor1:

Stop doing guess work, scan the car ABS/brake system and post the codes, I’d help tell you how to go about it.
Re: ABS Light Showing On The Dashboard by mine85(m): 4:17pm On Oct 16, 2022
chinachukwu:
Check if your brake pads are worn out, check the brake fluid to know if it's low, if low bring it to the upper line, if all good then check the abs fuse inside the car compartment. If good then check the abs sensor and wire around your tire to know if it's ok.. Goodluck.. I didn't mention the abs controller itself because your problem no go reach there, hopefully lol

my abs wire around the tyre was disconnected. so, abs shows constantly on my dashboard. my mechanic said that wire disconnected no mean anything much,I should leave it like that. so, we just tie it somewhere around.

even my brake light is showing permanently, mechanic said previous owner disconnected the hand brake, that handbrake doesn't do much as well.

any suggestions?
Re: ABS Light Showing On The Dashboard by truthbetold22: 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2022
mine85:

my abs wire around the tyre was disconnected. so, abs shows constantly on my dashboard. my mechanic said that wire disconnected no mean anything much,I should leave it like that. so, we just tie it somewhere around.

even my brake light is showing permanently, mechanic said previous owner disconnected the hand brake, that handbrake doesn't do much as well.

any suggestions?

Your mechanic is an idiot! If you listen to his advice, you would be an idiot too.

Some people have no business owning cars.

2 Likes

Re: ABS Light Showing On The Dashboard by chinachukwu(m): 7:34am On Oct 17, 2022
mine85:

any suggestions?

Funny how this stupid mechanic talks...

Please don't listen to them, fix the wire and look out for a sensor that goes inside the disk/an opening around the brake disk. If the sensor is no more then you must buy another abs wire that has the sensor. You can check scrab houses for one.. When it is done the abs light and handbrake light will go off

1 Like

Re: ABS Light Showing On The Dashboard by Angrygoat: 6:14am On Oct 18, 2022
Abs speed sensor means nothing. Handbrake on,it can be cleared via obd scanner. Tho source for used abs speed sensor wire,cut and join.no time.
Re: ABS Light Showing On The Dashboard by kingreign(m): 7:09am On Oct 18, 2022
Angrygoat:
Abs speed sensor means nothing. Handbrake on,it can be cleared via obd scanner. Tho source for used abs speed sensor wire,cut and join.no time.

Na these kind advices people dey follow and e go end in massive electrical failures and electrical fires.

OP, follow not this advice. Like I said earlier, scan and post codes here, we will give you solution.
Re: ABS Light Showing On The Dashboard by Angrygoat: 9:38am On Oct 18, 2022
Do u own a car foo l. Its an abs speed sensor located at side of shock absorber right and left,u dumbo.
kingreign:

Na these kind advices people dey follow and e go end in massive electrical failures and electrical fires.

OP, follow not this advice. Like I said earlier, scan and post codes here, we will give you solution.
Re: ABS Light Showing On The Dashboard by kingreign(m): 10:57am On Oct 18, 2022
Angrygoat:
Do u own a car foo l. Its an abs speed sensor located at side of shock absorber right and left,u dumbo.
Are these the names your parents called you during your naming shortly after your birth?
Oh poor sad man!

3 Likes

Re: ABS Light Showing On The Dashboard by Ben404040: 11:31am On Oct 18, 2022
Angrygoat:
If I were you, I ll not insult him instead I would learn from him
Re: ABS Light Showing On The Dashboard by Angrygoat: 11:35am On Oct 18, 2022
Kazeem mechanic
kingreign:

Are these the names your parents called you during your naming shortly after your birth?
Oh poor sad man!

Re: ABS Light Showing On The Dashboard by kingreign(m): 1:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
Angrygoat:
Kazeem mechanic
K

1 Like

Re: ABS Light Showing On The Dashboard by josephsm823(m): 12:24pm On Oct 22, 2022
Op it's actually the sensor wire that you need to fixed back. I do have this issue sometimes on my RX 350. Just fix back the wire and the light will go off.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Does Your Car Claim From You Per Month? / How To Trace A Water Leakage / Car Mp3 Audio Player Bluetooth Fm + Hands-free Lcd Display Usb Charger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.