Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,316 members, 7,920,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 08:52 PM

Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 (3456 Views)

Again, CBN Raises Import Duty Rate By Another 4.4% In 24 Hours / Shun Religion, Ethnicity In Choosing Tinubu’s VP, Ex-Deputy Govs Urge APC / Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by XerXers: 7:56am On Oct 16, 2022
The mistake yorubas make is always using SW data as Yoruba data. Look at this particular data that captured ethnicities irrespective of their location, see how yoruba is doing poorly. If you capture poverty data based on ethnicity, yorubas will be at the bottom

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by 07kjb: 7:57am On Oct 16, 2022
inoki247:
Lol derr woman go schl pass with all dere schl dey are not entitled to any inheritance....

Imagine someone from a rich family nd she go schl buh bkuz of custom she no fit take over family business what a waste of education......

A woman has no inheritance in his fathers house deal with that
Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by MP3GAGAdotCOM: 8:01am On Oct 16, 2022
Agbado urchins and illiteracy are like bread & butter embarassed embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by XerXers: 8:06am On Oct 16, 2022
inoki247:
Lol derr woman go schl pass with all dere schl dey are not entitled to any inheritance....

Imagine someone from a rich family nd she go schl buh bkuz of custom she no fit take over family business what a waste of education......
This is why Igbo marriages last better than other tribes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by inoki247: 8:09am On Oct 16, 2022
XerXers:

This is why Igbo marriages last better than other tribes

Lol so woman not entitled to inheritance makes a tribe last long abg this mata no smell for ur ear.....

Even the outside world no dey run on this type of ideology and dey are still doing well.....

Just say you love seeing ur women struggle.....

2 Likes

Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by XerXers: 8:11am On Oct 16, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Please shut up!!! You can’t deceive me. I schooled in the east. This is a trend that has been noticed for over 30 years. Go to Aba or Onitsha or any major city and check the classrooms. Over 90% are girls. Boys are in the shops learning buying and selling.
You are still living in the past. The low male school enrollment was witnessed particularly in Anambra but the trend changed under Peter Obi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by XerXers: 8:13am On Oct 16, 2022
inoki247:

Lol so woman not entitled to inheritance makes a tribe last long abg this mata no smell for ur ear.....

Even the outside world no dey run on this type of ideology and dey are still doing well.....

Just say you love seeing ur women struggle.....
That's Igbo culture. Stop looking for excuses for your poor performance on the list

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by KosiGee(m): 8:16am On Oct 16, 2022
epondudu:
These stats don't illustrate the stark reality on the ground, how many Igbos are educated?, these are biased and tribal-oriented stats, the Yorubas are the most educated in this country, in terms of the population you won't find a family in Yorubaland without an at least secondary certificates but you can find whole family members from the east selling spare part in Lagos without even a primary school certificate all in the guise of an apprentice.

I wonder how those illiterate apprentices write and dish out receipts and invoices.

I also wonder how those illiterate apprentices manage to cheat highly literate folks like you…apparently someone can’t read the big graphics on the product packs….it’s amazing how people like you come online to lament that you were sold Samson or Samisong phones instead of Samsung

Do you know the meaning of literacy mister?

3 Likes

Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by Tinubuadvocate: 9:09am On Oct 16, 2022
Useless statistics.
Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by 00FFT00(m): 9:48am On Oct 16, 2022
So, Yoruba been no go school reach Igbo.
I knew it. How else dem go dey support pesin like Tinubu, come get agbero upandan.
Wonders shall never end.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by Strikethem: 9:58am On Oct 16, 2022
Beer parlour induced statistics.

1 Like

Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by BATified2023: 10:00am On Oct 16, 2022
NwaIdeato:
Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
StatiSense
@StatiSense
Literacy rate by ethnicity, 2021

Percentage of literate Women (15-49yrs):
Igbo — 73.1%
Ibibio — 62.1%
Edo — 59.5%
Yoruba — 56.8%
Ijaw — 47.7%
Tiv — 37.4%
Hausa — 22.7%
Kanuri — 21.7%
Fulani — 13.8%
Other — 40.1%

https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1581391761477226496
hope it’s not d same igbos that believed buhari died n was buried in a strange land?

Hope it’s not d same igbos that used d word cloning without knowing d meaning?

1 Like

Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by Eniitankorede: 10:16am On Oct 16, 2022
XerXers:

You are still living in the past. The low male school enrollment was witnessed particularly in Anambra but the trend changed under Peter Obi

Its still the same trend everywhere in the east. Just go and check the schools, especially universities.
Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by Innocentman86: 10:16am On Oct 16, 2022
epondudu:
These stats don't illustrate the stark reality on the ground, how many Igbos are educated?, these are biased and tribal-oriented stats, the Yorubas are the most educated in this country, in terms of the population you won't find a family in Yorubaland without an at least secondary certificates but you can find whole family members from the east selling spare part in Lagos without even a primary school certificate all in the guise of an apprentice.
Yoru bad women are educated according to you but almost all don't wash their pant.its extremely rare to see a yoru bad lady that wash her pant and don't fart or mess very loudly.
Except their elites.
Also most yoru bad girls totto are ravaged by different infections no wonder they hawk the poison agbo to help each other.
Also those in to night gig will confirm that Yoru bad are the least sort after infact most afonja girls liar that they are from SS/se so they can get customers to carry them for the night

Mess mess afonja girls grin grin grin angry
Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by olasubomi2354: 10:18am On Oct 16, 2022
Igbos don't joke with girl child education.. That's their own inheritance and they get it in full dosageIgbos don't joke with girl child education.. That's their own inheritance and they get it in full dosage...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by Ngwamankillyou(m): 10:19am On Oct 16, 2022
Na we get the town in education..kunle that can't write photosynthesis correctly want to challenge me.

2 Likes

Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by Ngwamankillyou(m): 10:22am On Oct 16, 2022
BATified2023:
hope it’s not d same igbos that believed buhari died n was buried in a strange land?

Kunle we are about you. What is the meaning of photosynthesis?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by ednut1(m): 11:49am On Oct 16, 2022
Those northerners than can read and write arabic are not literate
Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by MuslimMuslim: 11:54am On Oct 16, 2022
Eniitankorede:

I am not surprised, the OP must be an IPOB apologist. Tell him to publish the percentage of men as well. I am sure Igbo will carry last. The trend in Igboland is that men dont go to school anymore. They become apprentice as early in the lives because they want to make money. While the women go to school so that they can catch the spareparts dealer as ATM husband. I have seen an igbo lady doctor marrying a spareparts dealer who is illiterate but stinkingly rich. Thats the trend in Igboland. Go to their universities, you will see classrooms full of females, all the men are learning business so that they can get rich quick.
See the statistics for men, Igbos still lead. Take heart bro

StatiSense
@StatiSense

Percentage of literate Men (15-49yrs):
Igbo — 74.2%
Edo — 74.2%
Yoruba — 70.3%
Tiv — 68.4%
Ijaw — 63.3%
Ibibio — 57.7%
Hausa — 42.0%
Kanuri — 40.8%
Fulani — 26.2%
Other — 53.7%

#StatiSense
(MICS)
https://mobile.twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1581392743904911363

1 Like

Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by tctrills: 11:58am On Oct 16, 2022
epondudu:
And you want us to believe you when you have no figures to back your words? Why do you think anyone should take you serious?

1 Like

Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by Patriotsleague: 11:59am On Oct 16, 2022
Another made in china, container statistics cheesy
Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by tctrills: 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2022
Eniitankorede:

I am not surprised, the OP must be an IPOB apologist. Tell him to publish the percentage of men as well. I am sure Igbo will carry last. The trend in Igboland is that men dont go to school anymore. They become apprentice as early in the lives because they want to make money. While the women go to school so that they can catch the spareparts dealer as ATM husband. I have seen an igbo lady doctor marrying a spareparts dealer who is illiterate but stinkingly rich. Thats the trend in Igboland. Go to their universities, you will see classrooms full of females, all the men are learning business so that they can get rich quick.

Even if the OP is Nnamdi Kanu, it doesn't matter. When you present better stats, we would take you serious.

1 Like

Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by tctrills: 12:01pm On Oct 16, 2022
Patriotsleague:
Another made in china, container statistics, made in Aba cheesy
Do you have contrary stats or are you here to cry?

1 Like

Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by Patriotsleague: 12:02pm On Oct 16, 2022
tctrills:

Do you have contrary stats or are you here to cry?
These are from the figment of the imagination of an Ipobian. Igbos are dull, that's why they worship conmen, Ojukwu, then Nnamdi Kanu cheesy
Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by tctrills: 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2022
BATified2023:

This is statistics, not Igbo. Stats and facts are not tribal. Again, if you don't travel you don't know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by ASAPFERG1: 12:05pm On Oct 16, 2022
Where is your source op cool
Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by Eniitankorede: 12:30pm On Oct 16, 2022
MuslimMuslim:

See the statistics for men, Igbos still lead. Take heart bro

StatiSense
@StatiSense

Percentage of literate Men (15-49yrs):
Igbo — 74.2%
Edo — 74.2%
Yoruba — 70.3%
Tiv — 68.4%
Ijaw — 63.3%
Ibibio — 57.7%
Hausa — 42.0%
Kanuri — 40.8%
Fulani — 26.2%
Other — 53.7%

#StatiSense
(MICS)
https://mobile.twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1581392743904911363

This is definitely not the reality. If its not coming from NBS we don’t believe it. Because the reality on ground is that Igbo men dont go to school.
Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by MuslimMuslim: 12:40pm On Oct 16, 2022
Eniitankorede:

This is definitely not the reality. If its not coming from NBS we don’t believe it. Because the reality on ground is that Igbo men dont go to school.
My Yoruba Muslim friend, you have been proven wrong time and time again.
Give up

1 Like

Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by Eniitankorede: 12:47pm On Oct 16, 2022
MuslimMuslim:

My Yoruba Muslim friend, you have been proven wrong time and time again.
Give up

Proven wrong by liars? You must be joking. IPOB is an efficient lying machine lol.
Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by SonOfEl(m): 12:57pm On Oct 16, 2022
Eniitankorede:

You are semi-informed.

Half-knowledge is worse than ignorance
Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by YoungDaNaval(m): 1:55pm On Oct 16, 2022
obyrich:
Percentage of literate women. You think those spare parts dealers are not educated?
I just dey laugh the guy
Re: Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 by tctrills: 1:56pm On Oct 16, 2022
Patriotsleague:

These are from the figment of the imagination of an Ipobian. Igbos are dull, that's why they worship conmen, Ojukwu, then Nnamdi Kanu cheesy
How do you know? Do you have your own stats?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos And Ogun Account For 86% Of Manufacturing In Nigeria / One of These Nigeria Politicians Looks exactly LIKE this dog, watch and confirm /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.