Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,400 members, 7,950,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 03:22 AM

Killer: Flying Eagles, Too Old For Super Eagles------adokie - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Killer: Flying Eagles, Too Old For Super Eagles------adokie (877 Views)

Manu Garba Throws In The Towel : Hints At Flying Eagles Exit / Flying Eagles Beat Enyimba 2 - 0 With Just 10 Men In Abuja / Ross Berkley Of Everton Could Play For Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Killer: Flying Eagles, Too Old For Super Eagles------adokie by henry101(m): 5:08am On Aug 18, 2011
Former Green Eagles player, Adokie Amasiemeka has faulted the idea of Coach Samson Siasia to draft some members of the present Flying Eagles squad to the Senior team as he believes most of the players are currently in their 30's and would not add value to the team.

Speaking to Brilafm.net Adokie lashed out, declaring that the players should be thinking of retiring, as he believes their invitation to the senior team will be nothing but absurd.

“My take on this is that we would be undoing ourselves. These players are too old and it would be absurd to draft in players in their thirties to play for the Super Eagles”

“At thirty a player should think of retirement and I know I played my first match for the Green Eagles when I was just nineteen”

Adokie then harped further that Eagles’ gaffer, Siasia might be on the wrong track as the players are in their prime.

“The players are too old. They are in there 30’s and should be thinking of retirement not playing for the senior team. Those players we think are U-20 may even be too old for the super Eagles”, he summed up

http://www.brilafm.net/FLYING-EAGLES--TOO-OLD-FOR-SUPER-EAGLES/10654075

(1) (Reply)

London 2012 Qualifier: Ugandan Referees Arrive Thursday / A Curious Case Against Mikel Obi / Beaking News: Sunday Bada Is Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.