Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,809 members, 7,965,977 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 06:28 AM

My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help (9552 Views)

How Do I Report My Employer For Breach of agreement / How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? / I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Spyetv: 1:44pm On Oct 17, 2022
YOU ARE NIT READY YET.
YOU ARE STILL HIDING THE IDENTITY OF THE COMPANY.
Richardlove:
Greetings to everyone who find and read this post.

So after many years of job hunting, I later found a sale job with an E-commerce company. We work on targets and if we don't meet such targets our salary or incentive will be affected so in order to avoid this situation we work hard under sun and rain to meet our targets. I usually meet mine because I go extra mile while selling to customers.

Since I joined the company, no salary increment for over 2yrs but the company keeps increasing our targets and bringing in different polices. Sometimes after working and at the end of the month those policies will make you go home with less than what you deserve. This company has many branches and top notche offices and has money but they're bent on making workers miserable.

Now, my pain is after I have worked and meet my targets and the payment system is reading #91,710 the company paid me #8000 only.

Please I need to get my balance. I need lawyers, humanitarian organizations, human rights personels and individuals who can help me to recover my balance.

Things are hard and I can't think of leaving that huge amount of money for a rich company like mine who could pay brand ambassador and expatriates. I have been leaving #2000, #5000 etc but #83,710 is huge and can do a lot in this present time.
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Glycosunde: 1:45pm On Oct 17, 2022
Write an official letter when going to meet them at the HR. Make your complains official and ask them to pay you your balance. I am also sure that the company has a workers union which you are part of. You can also lay your complain to the Union executives and they will help you see that your money is paid.

Come 2023 Vote Peter Obi for a better Nigeria so that companies like this will be properly dealt with

1 Like

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by treasurenat(m): 1:45pm On Oct 17, 2022
You have to be careful by not going to court if you still want to work in that place.Remember no one go to court or human rights and become friends again.They will use the power of hiring and firing if it goes to court and human rights after paying all the money they are owing you.
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by DenreleDave(m): 1:45pm On Oct 17, 2022
this is so sad mmehnn
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Urchmandee(m): 1:47pm On Oct 17, 2022
Write to the Account department and copy the HR. Attach copies of your bank statement or credit alert, the document showing the calculations of what payment is due to you. Just make sure you have all the evidences of your claims. They must respond positively to you, but if they fail, write to the next higher hierarchy and copy all the necessary department. Then wait for action to take it to Servicom if they fail to pay you your money

3 Likes

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by jaxxy(m): 1:47pm On Oct 17, 2022
Are u sure it's not a mistake? Have u raised the issue with them through the right channels and they didnt respond?
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by tuzeriouz(m): 1:47pm On Oct 17, 2022
Richardlove:

So after many years of job hunting, I later found a sale job with an E-commerce company. We work on targets and if we don't meet such targets our salary or incentive will be affected so in order to avoid this situation we work hard under sun and rain to meet our targets. I usually meet mine because I go extra mile while selling to customers.

Since I joined the company, no salary increment for over 2yrs but the company keeps increasing our targets and bringing in different polices. Sometimes after working and at the end of the month those policies will make you go home with less than what you deserve. This company has many branches and top notche offices and has money but they're bent on making workers miserable.

Now, my pain is after I have worked and meet my targets and the payment system is reading #91,710 the company paid me #8000 only.

Please I need to get my balance. I need lawyers, humanitarian organizations, human rights personels and individuals who can help me to recover my balance.

Things are hard and I can't think of leaving that huge amount of money for a rich company like mine who could pay brand ambassador and expatriates. I have been leaving #2000, #5000 etc but #83,710 is huge and can do a lot in this present time.

Raise a memo to the HR. Copy the ED or the GH Corporate Services. Blind copy the Financial Controller. And thank me later
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Slynation(m): 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2022
Lestatdelioncou:
angry

Christmas is coming... Don't let feelings and social media make you act a fool. Your ego is not your amigo.

Hold on tight to your job! It's tough out there without one. Look at the numerous jobless old men trolling and wasting time arguing tribalism on this forum to understand just how bad it is to be jobless.
Hold onto your job don't make a mistake
what are you even saying, out of 91k they paid someone 8K and you are suggesting he should hold on to his job...I rather remain jobbless than tolerate this inhumane behaviour from any company...

3 Likes

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Benresmy(m): 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2022
Richardlove:

Though, I don't know the kind of sale your company are into,
But I had a friend of mine who went through similar issue.

My friend was working with this pespsi company..
Which they normally give them sales target every month, to sell upto the company expectation which he allows do..
At the end of the month instead of paying him, his full salary, the company will foolishly cut the salary to 25%. And give him 25%..

My friend decided to sale all the targets he was given 4 that month after his salary was cut shortage, and flee away with the company money to unknown destination...
That was the only means he could get back all his shortage salary back...
Am not advising you to do that...
But it get to an extent human being needs to take law into their hands..

That's all I can say....

2 Likes

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 17, 2022
Take the case to human rights office and report them. They will be summoned and ordered to pay you your money.

Start going now because the process might take a bit long but be ready to resign from there because after the experience they may not want you to continue with them. Dunno.
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by texazzpete(m): 2:26pm On Oct 17, 2022
The OP is rather strange.

The first thing after noticing a shortfall should have been to write to HR requesting a reason for the shortfall. Not coming to nAiraland to complain.

If the company can’t provide you with a satisfactory explanation, they’ll likely admit it’s a mistake and pay you in full.

Don’t be unduly confrontational in your first contact with them.

1 Like

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Mattwillz: 3:36pm On Oct 17, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Problem started when you kept silent after the 2k, 5k deductions. They've taken you as a mugu so it will be difficult to break it now.
You suppose dey answer "VeryWiseMan"
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by holuwajobar(m): 4:13pm On Oct 17, 2022
BATified2023:
name 5 things Peter obi did better than tinubu as governor?
he will never list them

They will only come here to say insultive words.....
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by lereinter(m): 4:30pm On Oct 17, 2022
Lestatdelioncou:
angry

Christmas is coming... Don't let feelings and social media make you act a fool. Your ego is not your amigo.

Hold on tight to your job! It's tough out there without one. Look at the numerous jobless old men trolling and wasting time arguing tribalism on this forum to understand just how bad it is to be jobless.

What funny

He should stay in a complain that paid 8k instead of 91k cos of Christmas

What of if they sack before Christmas
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by lereinter(m): 4:33pm On Oct 17, 2022
Glycosunde:
Write an official letter when going to meet them at the HR. Make your complains official and ask them to pay you your balance. I am also sure that the company has a workers union which you are part of. You can also lay your complain to the Union executives and they will help you see that your money is paid.

Come 2023 Vote Peter Obi for a better Nigeria so that companies like this will be properly dealt with

Workers union for private company

Eyin obi yi sha
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Housing(m): 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2022
Learn to always documenting your complaint. If you had been complaining officially in the past this present error may not arise.

Write a letter to the account department / line Manager/HR or the appropriate department responsible for salary payment of the short payment and requested for the balance payment. It maybe an error of ommision or commission.
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Ajiswaggs(m): 4:48pm On Oct 17, 2022
E no go pass all this estate management like Adron
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Richardlove(m): 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2022
Thank you all for your comments. I used nearly all day following procedures and right now I have filled a complaint with the human rights commission, Ikeja. Some said I should have raised dust for the 2k, 5k deductions but I didn't because I knew it was purposely done and I still wanted to be with them then. And for those who said jobs are scares and I should hold on, may God never make you a slave to poverty and for those with wonderful comments of offices to go, thanks a million times and may you also find help in your needy time. I have counted the cost and I'm very ready to let go off the slavery job. The indian boss willingly deduct the money because he felt he is the Alpha and Omega but I will wait on the law and follow patiently, thanks.

2 Likes

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Ijb11: 9:24pm On Oct 17, 2022
Why
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Card7: 9:51pm On Oct 17, 2022
Richardlove:
I will be physically present at the office tomorrow, Monday to hear from the HR, thanks. quote

Oga write a letter so you have a written prove Incase of court
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Melagros(m): 10:42pm On Oct 17, 2022
dxdiag:

If your story is true, then your company is nothing but a fraud.
This is where Labour law comes in to the rescue but here in Nigeria, almost nothing works. I feel your pain bro.
That's the truth
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by LibraKing: 10:49pm On Oct 17, 2022
Lestatdelioncou:
angry

you mean hold unto a job that is deducting 83k from salary expectant of 91k.....leaving you with 8k to survive in a month ?
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Glycosunde: 10:59pm On Oct 17, 2022
lereinter:

Workers union for private company

Eyin obi yi sha

Yes workers union. As long as the workforce is more than 50 or there about, there is suppose to be a workers union. The company I worked for before had a workers union and I know how many issues they helped in making sure that things were done properly.
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Richardlove(m): 7:18am On Oct 18, 2022
Thanks sister but like long will it take to open my file and justice be administered because already opened a file yesterday?
Blessedmercy8:
Take the case to human rights office and report them. They will be summoned and ordered to pay you your money.

Start going now because the process might take a bit long but be ready to resign from there because after the experience they may not want you to continue with them. Dunno.
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Kingisibor: 7:50am On Oct 18, 2022
Kidnap him....
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 18, 2022
Richardlove:
Thanks sister but like long will it take to open my file and justice be administered because already opened a file yesterday?

It's depends on how you follow it up. But highest it shouldn't take more than a month. Just pray it's not even up to.

Is it the one at Alausa Ikeja you went to?
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Richardlove(m): 2:59am On Oct 26, 2022
The one at Ikeja, thanks.
Blessedmercy8:

It's depends on how you follow it up. But highest it shouldn't take more than a month. Just pray it's not even up to.

Is it the one at Alausa Ikeja you went to?

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 26, 2022
Richardlove:
Please don't just view, you can give your 50 cent too. I appreciate good, bad, and the ugly comments, thanks.
There was a time I went to NLC branch at ojuelegba,Lagos,to make a plea for them to help me speak to my employers to pay me my salary,they refused to do so.
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 26, 2022
kaywhy09:
Start your own business
Is his capital enough to start his own business?

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Graduates Who Are Teaching - I Want To Bless You With 10,000 Naira July 2019 / Closed / List Of All The Polling Wards In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.