Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,392 members, 7,881,427 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:17 PM

Atiku Is A Symbol Of National Unity, Cohesion, Says PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Is A Symbol Of National Unity, Cohesion, Says PDP (4510 Views)

NIPR Targets National Cohesion, Reconciliation As Awosika Chairs Citizens Summit / FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen / Mad Man Blasts Okorocha In Owerri, Says 'PDP Is Taking Over' (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Is A Symbol Of National Unity, Cohesion, Says PDP by crestedaguiyi: 12:36pm On Oct 17, 2022
In summary
Re: Atiku Is A Symbol Of National Unity, Cohesion, Says PDP by Mamaafrik1(m): 12:39pm On Oct 17, 2022
Na day cohesion go kill your papa
Re: Atiku Is A Symbol Of National Unity, Cohesion, Says PDP by zionstaar75: 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Sincerely, I have never seen HE Atiku as a tribalist but my guess is that he is not being accepted by most northerners especially those in the NW dominated by the APC.

The NW political elite seem to have foreclosed power remaining in the north after PMB's 8 years. The opposition from Wike just worsens his situation. HE Atiku has lost this election already.
he's just wasting his loot,he will finally be retired next year. He can become miyetti Allah president if he so desires

1 Like

Re: Atiku Is A Symbol Of National Unity, Cohesion, Says PDP by latolz: 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2022
Selfish idiat.. No conscience.. And the party wants to be fully behind him like the south doesn't exist.. how can you in your conscience see 8 years of Northern rule then want to be handed over to you again from the same region like the south doesn't exist.. what kind of monumental greed... May it not come to fruition.. Your greed and Okowa's betrayal will hunt both of you..

1 Like

Re: Atiku Is A Symbol Of National Unity, Cohesion, Says PDP by zionstaar75: 12:43pm On Oct 17, 2022
underpinna:
Laughable
the guy and his followers are all jokers
Re: Atiku Is A Symbol Of National Unity, Cohesion, Says PDP by 9jahotblog: 12:43pm On Oct 17, 2022
PRESS RELEASE

2023: Atiku Sues For Prayers, Spiritual Intervention On Nation’s Woes

… As Campaign Team Meet Ulama, Clergy In Kaduna

Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has urged religious leaders in the country to intensify prayers and seek divine solution to the myriads of challenges and problems it is facing.

Atiku, who was the nation’s Vice President for eight years, made the call on Saturday and Sunday when he met the Ulama and clergy at different rendezvous in Kaduna.

During an Interactive session organized by the PDP Presidential Campaign Organization (PPCO) in conjunction with the Supreme Council for Sharia in Nigeria (SCSN), the Northern Islamic Youth Scholars and Imams Forum as well as Leaders of Women In Daawah on Sunday at Kaduna, the PDP presidential candidate noted that wherever the freedom of religion, peace and stability are under threat, development and good governance will remain far-fetched.

According to him, the prevailing situation of insecurity, poverty and economic doldrums in Nigeria “affects all facets of life and engender general underdevelopment.”

“Even if there is good governance whereas people are not free to profess and practice their religion, enjoy peaceful coexistence in a rancor free and progressive atmosphere, then the country will continue to retrogress.

“This is the reason why the Ulama, the clergy and all Nigerians should pray for divine intervention so that there will be good leadership that would engender overall national development beneficial to all,” Atiku said.

In his remarks, the Director General of the PPCO, Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal of Sokoto state while burnishing the political credentials of Atiku, who he also described as a statesman with sterling leadership qualities, said the gatherings were to seek the blessings of the Ulama and clergy as the party and its presidential candidates prosecute an issue-based campaign.

While urging the religious stakeholders in the country to continue praying for peace, Governor Tambuwal rationalized the decision of the party to appoint a Christian southerner, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa as Atiku’s running mate.

“We all know that the need for inclusiveness, justice and fairness cannot be overemphasized, thus the reason the PDP selected Governor Okowa to be the running mate of our presidential candidate, Tambuwal explained.

He expressed hope that the messages of prayers and inclusivity that the party is championing will resonate across the country so that the worrisome condition the nation is facing will perish under a PDP presidency “which will rescue it under Atiku as President in 2023.”

In his speech, the leader of the SCSN, Sheikh Sambo Rigachikun raised issues about agricultural development, insecurity, unemployment and volatile FOREX as areas where future leadership of the country should focus its attention.

He also harped on the need for any government that will be elected to prioritize speedy appointment of qualified persons as ministers of the Federal Republic.

In the same vein, Sheikh Umar as-Sudani who appealed to the Ulama to be honest and God fearing in supporting candidates, noted that as “apolitical stakeholders, the Ulama has veritable roles to play in the emergence of leaders, freedom of religion and the establishment of proscriptive norms and laws that will deter commitment of vices in line with Islamic teachings.”

He also pointed out that the Ulama, whose opinions and support are often sought during electioneering campaigns, are after electoral victories neglected in the scheme of things. He, therefore, sought for inclusion in future administrations.

In a vote of thanks, former Governor of Kano state, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau who alluded to the remarks of Atiku, reiterated that it is in line with Islamic injunction which prescribes that man should strive and pray for their ambitions to be realized.

“The message of the candidate is in tandem with this injunction. We will go out and campaign vigorously as we also ask of you to pray, advise and offer constructive criticisms to us until we achieve what we seek,God willing.

“We’re asking God to make it possible for Atiku to be President. If he doesn’t become, may Allah replace the setback with what is better for him and the county at large. May Allah continue to bless our country and make it safe for all of us,” the ex-minister and member of the PPCO stressed.

Also moving a vote of thanks, the Kaduna state gubernatorial candidate of the PDP, Hon. Isa Ashiru Kudan: expressed gratitude to Atiku and the party for organizing the event. Similarly, he thanked the stakeholders for attending, pledging that the party and its presidential candidate will not set aside the Germaine issues raised by the Ulama and clergy.

The event was attended by former Vice President Architect Muhammad Namadi Sambo, PDP national Chairman, Prof. Iyorchia Ayu, his deputy in charge of the North, Umar Ilyasu Damagum, the Vice Presidential candidate, Governor Okowa of Delta state and the national youth leader of the party, Mohammed Suleiman Kadade.

Also at the event were the ex-Governors of Cross River, Jigawa, Katsina, Kebbi and Niger states: Sen. Liyel Imoke,, Alhaji Sule Lamido,, Alhaji Ibrahim Shehu Shema,, Sen. Adamu Aliero and: Alhaji Muazu Babangida Aliyu respectively.

Two former Governors of Kaduna state, Alhaji Ahmad Muhammad Makarfi and Alhaji Mukhtar Ramalan Yero also turned up.

The gubernatorial candidates of Kano and Kebbi: Alhaji Sale Wali and Gen. Aminu Bande were equally not left out alongside the former Deputy Governors of Sokoto and Zamfara states: Alhaji Mukhtar Shagari and Barrister Mahdi Aliyu Gusau respectively.

Former minister of police affairs, Sen. Adamu Maina Waziri, Senators Ahmad Muhammad Maccido, Shehu Sani and Abdul Ahmad Ningi were also at the meeting.

Media maven, High Chief Raymond Aleogho Dokpesi, spokespersons of the PPCO: Sen. Dino
Melaye and Hon. Charles Aniagwu participated at the event.

—————————

Muhammad Bello

Special Adviser Media and Publicity to the Governor

October 16, 2022

Sokoto

Re: Atiku Is A Symbol Of National Unity, Cohesion, Says PDP by joewychampion(m): 12:44pm On Oct 17, 2022
OBI is my choice #waving my pvc

1 Like

Re: Atiku Is A Symbol Of National Unity, Cohesion, Says PDP by triplechoice(m): 12:48pm On Oct 17, 2022
9jahotblog:
The Northern Elders Forum spokesperson Hakeem Baba-Ahmed who coincidentally is the elder brother of the Labour Party Vice Presidential candidate asked Atiku Abubakar the question below verbatim.

"Your Excellency, Northerners are watc

hing you now, in the next few days they will hear or they will see you. Please tell the Northerners why out of all the Presidential candidates they should trust you not anybody else with their votes and their trust and why you are the best candidate that can lead Nigeria and the North through changes. Please speak to the Northerners directly."

That was the question from the Northern elders Forum spokesperson. Remember they organised the event and as such asked the question to know Atiku's plan for the North.

Atiku Abubakar in his smartness answered the above question below, verbatim:

"Well, Mallam Northerner, ohh Madam Northerner(he smiled), I have been in politics now for three decades, (Prof. Ango was whispering something and Atiku picked his statement) for 35 years and I have traversed the whole of this country, I know the whole of this country, I have built bridges across this country. I think what the average Northerner needs is somebody who is from the North and also understands other parts of Nigeria and who has been able to build bridges across the rest of the country. This is what the Northerner needs. He doesn't need a yoruba candidate or an Igbo candidate, this what the Northerner needs. So I believe, I stand before you as a Pan Nigerian of Northern origin. Thank you very much."

Atiku Abubakar in the above clearly reminded the Northern elders that he is although a Northerner but not a candidate of the North because he has built bridges in every part of Nigeria.

Atiku Abubakar reminded the North that his candidature is not just for the North but for Nigeria as a whole!

�������

Children of hate has failed in totality, they shall perish in their hate.... Atiku is coming, no lies, propagandas, stones can stop him.... #AtikuOkowaPDP ✅✅✅

If Atiku was pan Nigerian he should have avoided mentioning any other tribe ( Yoruba and Ibos) and just say the North needs someone no matter where he is from to lead the country.

He knows the average northerner craves power and dominance of the other parts of the country; we own the country mentality.

So telling his northern brothers what they want to hear is a strategy to secure their votes and support.

You have failed in this damage control

Atiku is not pan Nigerian but a chameleon.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Is A Symbol Of National Unity, Cohesion, Says PDP by Tareq1105: 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
Felabrity:
He is a symbol of disunity rather

Disunited Atikulooooter in a dysfunctional PDP. Atiku is desperate and it's obvious.
Re: Atiku Is A Symbol Of National Unity, Cohesion, Says PDP by Spandau: 1:34pm On Oct 17, 2022
9jahotblog:

https://thenationonlineng.net/atiku-is-a-symbol-of-national-unity-cohesion-says-pdp/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2Oy0jKch4yQ3C2YhwYkohP_rN9YuZEBqRQLGl_hGLflYDMQ_jB4nnF4K8#Echobox=1665999358

See gaslighting. After using the ethnic card on his fellow Northerners against the Igbo and Yoruba, he suddenly is a symbol of unity and cohesion? Eyin weyrey yi!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Is A Symbol Of National Unity, Cohesion, Says PDP by Fuadx1(m): 2:00pm On Oct 17, 2022
9jahotblog:
The Northern Elders Forum spokesperson Hakeem Baba-Ahmed who coincidentally is the elder brother of the Labour Party Vice Presidential candidate asked Atiku Abubakar the question below verbatim.

"Your Excellency, Northerners are watching you now, in the next few days they will hear or they will see you. Please tell the Northerners why out of all the Presidential candidates they should trust you not anybody else with their votes and their trust and why you are the best candidate that can lead Nigeria and the North through changes. Please speak to the Northerners directly."

That was the question from the Northern elders Forum spokesperson. Remember they organised the event and as such asked the question to know Atiku's plan for the North.

Atiku Abubakar in his smartness answered the above question below, verbatim:

"Well, Mallam Northerner, ohh Madam Northerner(he smiled), I have been in politics now for three decades, (Prof. Ango was whispering something and Atiku picked his statement) for 35 years and I have traversed the whole of this country, I know the whole of this country, I have built bridges across this country. I think what the average Northerner needs is somebody who is from the North and also understands other parts of Nigeria and who has been able to build bridges across the rest of the country. This is what the Northerner needs. He doesn't need a yoruba candidate or an Igbo candidate, this what the Northerner needs. So I believe, I stand before you as a Pan Nigerian of Northern origin. Thank you very much."

Atiku Abubakar in the above clearly reminded the Northern elders that he is although a Northerner but not a candidate of the North because he has built bridges in every part of Nigeria.

Atiku Abubakar reminded the North that his candidature is not just for the North but for Nigeria as a whole!

�������

Children of hate has failed in totality, they shall perish in their hate.... Atiku is coming, no lies, propagandas, stones can stop him.... #AtikuOkowaPDP ✅✅✅

I am now better informed
Re: Atiku Is A Symbol Of National Unity, Cohesion, Says PDP by ITbomb(m): 2:18pm On Oct 17, 2022
Fuadx1:

I am now better informed
Atiku our Unifier

Re: Atiku Is A Symbol Of National Unity, Cohesion, Says PDP by BethiMcCauley: 5:26pm On Oct 17, 2022

(1) (2) (Reply)

Desmond In His Embattlement For Re-elections Claims His Mum Is Igbo / Food Insecurity: 26.5 Million Nigerians To Face Hunger In 2024 – FAO / Human Rituals In Oduduwaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.