Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,831 members, 7,945,679 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 11:09 PM

You’re Using My Name To Sell Newspapers - Obj - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You’re Using My Name To Sell Newspapers - Obj (972 Views)

FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / GEJ & FG Are Using My Remarks As A Cover To Arrest Me - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You’re Using My Name To Sell Newspapers - Obj by Mamajama(m): 2:46pm On Aug 21, 2007
Thank God someone need to start suing all this media houses for deformation and slander

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has vowed to sue all Nigerian media organisations for using his name to sell their newspapers.

Chief Obasanjo, while speaking in the early hours of Monday at the Ogun State 2006 awards night held at the Valley View Auditorium at the Government House, Abeokuta, said he would ensure he collected 10 per cent commission from any media organisation which used his name to sell its paper

http://www.tribune.com.ng/21082007/news/news9.html
Re: You’re Using My Name To Sell Newspapers - Obj by ulehj(m): 10:41pm On Aug 21, 2007
your constant support for a failure like OBJ begs belief.

it is only a slowpoke that will a clueless, corrupt and arrogant leader

like OBJ.pse get a life
Re: You’re Using My Name To Sell Newspapers - Obj by chidichris(m): 8:04am On Aug 23, 2007
mamajama,
u are a disappointment.
what case do u have against the nigerian media?
the useless obj is not even getting half of what he deserve from the country's press.
look at bush. how many papers are on his neck on any move he makes. all the media houses in the us are having different ways of making fun of him especially in things they consider negative.
look at britain. why will a normal person not recognise the press of his country.
do u for once think about the relevance of the press in every society? they are there to criticise the gov acting as a watchdog.
his problems started with their refusal to back his third term bid and that was when he went after ait with all his dogs including sss and efcc.
today he is using efcc to lay his hands on the sun newspapers maybe he will sale that to his buyer( dangote).
does your stupid friend expect nigeria press to praise him over lack of power supply, bad roads and security in the country. or is he expecting them to congratulate him for all the illegal contracts he awarded to his criminal partners. will they celebrate his selected justice.
he was no good as a president and what the press gave and is giving to him is what he deserve.
his life as it is depends on yar adua who is his next god otherwise he will be made to pay for his inhumane rule in nigeria.
you mamajama represent nothing but a blind follower without reasons.
tell your obj to go ahead and sue nigerian press since he is not ok with all the money he made as a president/minister of petrolium, maybe 10% from the press will be fine with him.
Re: You’re Using My Name To Sell Newspapers - Obj by tundewoods(m): 11:50am On Aug 23, 2007
Yes of course,Obasanjo is totally right ! undecided
Re: You’re Using My Name To Sell Newspapers - Obj by bigspif(m): 12:55pm On Aug 23, 2007
Abeg make una no crucify mamajama, i hear say person for him family be Minister during baba days. Grapevine also talk am say him senior brother bin benefit with the last oil block allocation of baba's last days for villa grin grin grin

Did i hear baba comparing himself with Jesus ? shocked shocked shocked
Re: You’re Using My Name To Sell Newspapers - Obj by Mamajama(m): 5:04pm On Aug 23, 2007
big spif you are spiffying FIRE< LMAO, what a joke, @chidichris do you even know what disappointment means? how have I been a disappointment, when you don't even know me or know what I do for a living? Last time I checked, I don't wake up in the morning and start DRINKING OGOGORO with CANNABIS like you. So dan iska check yourself before you wreck your ass.
Re: You’re Using My Name To Sell Newspapers - Obj by dayokanu(m): 9:18am On Aug 24, 2007
We Nigerians should be applauding the darkness OBJ pluged us into, the bad roads he gave as legacies, the political gangsterism that he encouraged overtly and covertly, We the people of Oyo and Anambra state are thanking you immesely for giving us visionary leaders like Adedibu, Aloa-Akala, Andy Uba and Chris Uba
If not for Yar'Adua, I never knew a president can uphold court injunctions (Andy Uba vs peter Obi) I thought presidents were supposed to be law breakers.,
The killing of prominent politician - so we could have 3 months without any political murder.

All those illegal contracts he awarded deserve a loud ovation.
and ultimately for organising the worst election in the history of Nigeria- EU, US, even Yar'Adua and all observers condemned it (except Iwu and OBJ)

Now a 22 year old boy has been arrested for the murder of Bola Ige. ask me how old the boy was in 2001 when Ige was murdered.
Re: You’re Using My Name To Sell Newspapers - Obj by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 24, 2007
so whats he feeling like, he should pass his theology exams first, and i hope he uses lantern or candle to read, like we do! grin
Re: You’re Using My Name To Sell Newspapers - Obj by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 24, 2007
The truth is that no matter what they feel OBJ has done he is now a private citizen and is entitled to his privacy. Under the law he can sue them.
The truth is that some Nigerian Journalists are lazy, they will just sit and write some sentimental News without proper investigation because anything to do with OBJ is News.
I am not a OBJ fan but as much as i hate to admit, he is right this time
Re: You’re Using My Name To Sell Newspapers - Obj by chidichris(m): 8:43am On Aug 25, 2007
mamajam,
as long as this thread is concerned, i am not ready to withdraw my comment. u are a disappointment raise to power 10.
aisha,
in every country, there is always fake and real news. the other day almost all the sport news medias at international level reported that chelsea had signed dani alves from servila but the news was not real at the end of the day.
tell obj to go ahead and sue the newspaper companies and let us see how the court will handle the matter. we will reffer him to court cases under his leadership were decissions of the court were overlooked.
we will remind him of his madness when yar adua upheld the decission of the court to remove andy uba as the gov of anambra. we will remind him of his foolish reaction to the decission of court to retain ararume as the gubernitorial candidate of pdp in imo state.
i think it is time for justice as it will offer ait the opportunity to know what the reported wrong during the third term agenda that warranted the brutality of the sss and other obj agents on their offices and staffs.
it is obvious here that the baboon will not near the court as he is just putting up an empty threat.
if u tell me that the nigerian journalists are lazy, i will agree with you because they should have been on the attacking side since the bull returned to uttah farm for the several insults he melted on them while he was in office.
i must make it clear here that nigeria is competting very well internationally journalist wise but the only problem they have been encoutering is the inability of the judiciary to pretect them as the case of many journalists in nigeria were swept under the carpets e.g Dele Giwa
Re: You’re Using My Name To Sell Newspapers - Obj by Mamajama(m): 2:28pm On Aug 25, 2007
chidichris in law there is something call slander and deformation of character. DO your home work and see how many media houses have settle to save their public image.
Re: You’re Using My Name To Sell Newspapers - Obj by redsun(m): 12:50pm On Aug 27, 2007
What a name.Billy the kid.
Re: You’re Using My Name To Sell Newspapers - Obj by folem: 2:40pm On Aug 27, 2007
chidichris:

in every country, there is always fake and real news. the other day almost all the sport news medias at international level reported that chelsea had signed dani alves from servila but the news was not real at the end of the day.
tell obj to go ahead and sue the newspaper companies and let us see how the court will handle the matter. we will reffer him to court cases under his leadership were decissions of the court were overlooked.
we will remind him of his madness when yar adua upheld the decission of the court to remove andy uba as the gov of anambra. we will remind him of his foolish reaction to the decission of court to retain ararume as the gubernitorial candidate of pdp in imo state.

OBJ is only being sarcastic, He also told Yar'Adua that Tribune is among the few Nigerian newspapers that are objective. How did he know that if he doesn't read newspapers?

Can you remind OBJ also when he upheld the decision of the court to reinstate Dariye & Ladoja. Which decision is foolish among the following ?
- Court insists PDP must field "unwanted" candidate for Imo Guber Polls
- PDP withdraws from Imo Guber Polls.

The moral is that you can force a horse to the stream but you cannot force it to drink water.
Some problems can only be solved politically and not by judicial means.
Re: You’re Using My Name To Sell Newspapers - Obj by desgiezd(m): 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2007
How on earth could OBJ's name sell newspapers? Is it for his good deeds while in office or for what? This is someone who, when he was in power, newspapers and magazines complained of low sales anytime they featured him in their front pages. What is so fascinating about him that will make Nigerians rush for newspapers that feature him? I cant think of any such thing now. Someone who is being avoided like a plague is boasting and accusing newspapers for using his name to boost their sales. What an irony!

Should anyone be surprised that OBJ also said he doesnt read Nigerian newspapers? Little wonder he kept giving himself a pass mark when he was a resounding failure. Little wonder he didnt know what was happening in the country except what his aides fed him with. A good leader who meant well for the country and the people he leads would make newspaper reading his first duty in any given day and such a leader would prefer to go through the papers personally and not rely on edited copies from his aides.

---------- hisses ----------
Re: You’re Using My Name To Sell Newspapers - Obj by ogajim(m): 1:03pm On Sep 14, 2007
obj's name sells newspapers? What planet is this failure on? With idiots like obj, little wonder naija is the way it is. God will take care of them all one by one.
Re: You’re Using My Name To Sell Newspapers - Obj by chidichris(m): 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2007
mamajama, consider how many replies to ur posts here and compare and contrast the for and against and then place urself to ur position.
obj can make money money for media houses if it were to be the ones dealing on cartoon.
he will sell more if the use him in cartoons.
he is a piece of shit.
Re: You’re Using My Name To Sell Newspapers - Obj by Mamajama(m): 2:53pm On Sep 14, 2007
@chidichris I seriously have tried to ignor you for a long time, you got to be a fagg to be seeking another mans attention so bad. did your parents forget to give you a good night hug?

(1) (Reply)

Ya'adua's Double Speak/ Rule Of Law / Gov Obi Vs Andy Uba: Supreme Court Blasts Okonkwo Of NAP / Us Appoints Nigerian Scientist To Head Research Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.