Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,203,965 members, 7,987,448 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 10:44 AM

Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) (48983 Views)

Chaos, Cult Clash At Ikosi - Ketu In Lagos (photos) / Nigerian Vikings, Cultists Clash At Cheras In Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia / NANS, SUG President Clash At The South Africa Embassy In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by Alldew: 11:15pm On Oct 19, 2022
Tinubuwins2023e:
Nice
Those ipob miscreants will regret those rubbish they are doing here in yorubaland.
They are even lucky, I know what my northern brothers would have done to them if it were to be in the north.
They would have been crying of so many death of there Igbo brothers
Why not be proud of your place of origin for once.
Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by azpekuliar: 11:15pm On Oct 19, 2022
Tareq1105:

You're very stupid.

Truth hurts.
Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by Alldew: 11:19pm On Oct 19, 2022
TheSameGuy:
These are Chigozie, the likes of Nwamamaiwota are there.

Imagine saying the levies they've been paying for years, they're reluctant because of the claim it's to finance Tinubu's Presidency.

Lagos State Government, please close down Alaba market for two years.

I beg you please
Do you really need to beg, why not do it yourself afterall you have government backing and na your papa land.
Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by INDOMIE9090(f): 11:33pm On Oct 19, 2022
Alldew:
[/b]
This your last line though, really gave you out. So all the touting is done by Yoruba Muslim terrorist but when you are called out you start shouting there is nothing like Yoruba Muslim and Yoruba Christian.
they decided to pay you guys back with the abuses

‘Yoruba Muslim pigs’,Yoruba miscreant,fake dirty yollobas mazlims’
Those hateful words are enough to transfer anger on igbos

1 Like

Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by Alldew: 11:38pm On Oct 19, 2022
Olachase:
and did you kW that even if Nigeria divide today 40% of igbos will not return to east
Have your brothers in UK returned abi no be people get that place?
Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by codemaniacs: 11:42pm On Oct 19, 2022
Babinski:

It is really annoying when revisionist historians try to underplay the contributions of the good, accommodating and illustrious nature of the Yoruba people to the success of the Lagos we all know now.

For those who try to claim that the Igbos or the FCT status of Lagos is largely what made Lagos what it is today, you need to study the Lagos history for better understanding.

Lagos was forcefully under threat of violence, made a British colony on 5 March 1862. By 1872, Lagos was a cosmopolitan trading center and between 1890 and 1897 it had established a protectorate over most of Yorubaland.

Colonial Lagos developed into a busy, cosmopolitan port, with an architecture that blended Victorian and Brazilian styles. The Brazilian element was imparted by skilled builders and masons who had returned from Brazil. The black elite was composed of English-speaking "Saros" from Sierra Leone and other emancipated slaves who had been repatriated from Brazil and Cuba. By 1872, the population of the colony was over 60,000, of whom less than 100 were of European origin. In 1876, imports were valued at £476,813 and exports at £619,260. This is more than 30 years begore the amalgamation that became Nigeria.

By contrast the revenue from the Southern Protectorate which covered Oil Rivers area in present day Nigeria, the Aro Confederacy, Kingdoms of Benin and Bonny and Akwa Akpa (modern Calabar) and Oron Nation by 1900 was £535,902. Revenue from Northern protectorate was even worse a d it is clear the amalgamation was done to fund the poor Northern protectorate from the prosperous South, from which the Lagos Colony clearly stood out.

While Lagos has the fortune of being along the coast, that distinction is not limited to Lagos within Nigeria. But the accommodating and illustrious nature of its Yoruba people contributed largely to what it has become. The ease of doing business in Lagos, the non-discrimination and welcoming attitude of the Yoruba people cannot be overlooked or over
emphasized.

hundreds of years before the british invasion of Lagos It was already a cosmopolitan trading center...

It was where other African ethnic nations came to trade with the Yorubas and it was called farm ( oko ) by Yorubas but it was also heavily guarded so it was also called a war camp ( Eko )..

which is also one of the reasons the british brought slaves from Brazil, Cuba, Siera leone e.t.c. when they got control of a portion of one of the Islands because they couldn't capture the Yorubas there since they were at war with the Yorubas and Benin Republic did not exist then so they were also fighting Yorubas from present day Benin Republic..

the "revisionist historians" will never ever give credit to the Yorubas.. so keep correcting them without getting annoyed.. from the likes of Abike Dabiri, Remi Tinubu e.t.c.. Yoruba elites and business owners are taking note of them and that's one of the reasons there's high unemployment rate of non-yorubas in the SW because it is not wise to hire people who hate you unfortunately they start saying there's unemployment in Nigeria when the truth is there's unemployment of non-indigenes in the SW..

the only thing that's helping them is they also have their own states and senators and business people so those people can create opportunities for them in businesses they own in Lagos..

what they fail to also understand is Yorubas also have at least 6 states and these Yoruba states also have Yoruba senators and Yoruba business people who also have businesses in Lagos which ensures that non-yorubas can never ever have more investments than Yorubas in the SW especially Lagos and also the generational wealth of the Yorubas from 1800s till date is un-matched.. Don't forget Yorubas in the diaspora who also send money back and have been sending money since the 1900s when there was no university in Nigeria..

In summary,
most non-Yorubas in the SW are going to be reduced to doing menial jobs and other low paying jobs that's if they are not already doing such jobs... especially the ones whose rich people or politicians don't have businesses in the SW.

1 Like

Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by Alldew: 11:42pm On Oct 19, 2022
INDOMIE9090:
they decided to pay you guys back with the abuses

‘Yoruba Muslim pigs’,Yoruba miscreant,fake dirty yollobas mazlims’
Those hateful words are enough to transfer anger on igbos

And you guys have not been calling other tribes names?
Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by Alldew: 11:47pm On Oct 19, 2022
INDOMIE9090:
same chestbeating that led 3million p!gs to their early graves.
You never learn from civil war Abi?
Always saying civil war as if it was a Yoruba and Igbo fight, you really need to read up.
Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by Alldew: 11:49pm On Oct 19, 2022
ncoolsome:

May ur sons be agberos and ur daughters marry agberos oya say amen..I no insult u ooh
Iseeeeee!!!!!!! Na person wey no get anything to lose na he dey first start fight.
Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by INDOMIE9090(f): 12:08am On Oct 20, 2022
Alldew:

Always saying civil war as if it was a Yoruba and Igbo fight, you really need to read up.
i won’t forget the work of adekunle in ore .
His Ruthless dealing of Biafran soldiers will forever be appreciated by the Yorubas .

1 Like

Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by VEHINTOLAR: 12:16am On Oct 20, 2022
Alabaintprice:

I won't say this more than once. The day you yorubas decide to play a fast one on Igbos or Igbo community in Lagos is the day you will be playing on a keg of gun powder.

Igbos respect themselves and stay on there own mi ding there business but you skinny idiots feel you have to lower to harass and intimidate anyone because it is Lagos.

Put it at the back of your mind that no one has monopoly of madness and because we are quiet doesn't mean we are fools.

What happened today at alaba is a warning to you all who wants to intimidate Igbos.

Election won't even be funny at all.

Let everyone respect themselves and there boundaries.

You be mumu,I swear ! Who exactly are you trying to intimidate with your worthless, empty chest beating warning ? Oh my ......,please tell us what happened today at Alaba ? Lol ! Did you actually witness the little "show" today ? I bet you didn't ! I know this is another foolish attempt to present your chest beating Igbo tribe as being brave and strong whereas,we know otherwise ! Take it or leave it, Igbo will never be a match for the Yoruba when the chips are down ! It is unfortunate that you Igbo don't learn from history;that's really sad !

You may not know,there is a growing resentment for Igbo people in Yoruba land now and that has nothing to do with the forthcoming presidential election. The reason for that resentment is that majority of Yoruba people are now conscious of the fact that you Igbo eternally hate them ! The premeditated burning of Lagos during the endsars readily comes to mind here;you Igbo need to watch it !
And talking about any boundary,do we need to tell you that your boundaries are in alaigbo and that none exists in any part of the Yoruba land ?

3 Likes

Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by Alldew: 12:37am On Oct 20, 2022
INDOMIE9090:
i won’t forget the work of adekunle in ore .
His Ruthless dealing of Biafran soldiers will forever be appreciated by the Yorubas .
The war was Igbos against the whole Nigerians. But if it was to be Igbo and Yoruba you and I know who go run.
Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by ariesbull: 1:12am On Oct 20, 2022
Omenlon:
nowhere agbero no dey. You can't leave Onitsha drugs market with your goods without paying money to agbero there, quote me. If you are in Rome do like the Romans do.
the word agbero is a yoruba word... There is no word for AGBERO on igbo

The word Ashawo is a yoruba word also...
Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by ariesbull: 1:15am On Oct 20, 2022
zaki2:
Why can't Igbos just leave South West for good. It beats my imagination why my people are still down there in numbers. With what I read online daily, man, I wouldn't tempt the devil to set up any form of business in the south west. I'd rather move north.
Move your businesses down east. Start patronizing southern ports, over time it will boom. This is just not making sense.
lol

When they wanted to leave in 1967 your father's fought for them to be amongst Nigeria when they left to form their biafra

Now they are back! They aren't Ghana folks! They have fought the war and came back more tough and taken parts of Lagos as theirs forever just like hausa took parts of Lagos forever and Edo taken over Egbeda Axis

So for you to take back this parts get ready for the war... And mind you they are tough! So learn to live in peace
Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by VEHINTOLAR: 1:33am On Oct 20, 2022
Alldew:

The war was Igbos against the whole Nigerians. But if it was to be Igbo and Yoruba you and I know who go run.

Effiong was an Igbo man,right ? And how about Col. Banjo,was he an Igbo man too ? So the Anang,Ibibios,Efik,Ogojas etc were never part of your rusty Biafran Army,right ? You're telling us now that Biafran army was strictly an ethnic Igbo people only affair,right ? Why is it that an average Igbo is so stupid like you lots ?

Now, believe it or not;Igbo will NEVER be a match for the Yoruba when the chips are down. Your forefathers who witnessed the wraths of any military formation or Unit headed by Yoruba officer during the civil war could testify to the bravery of Yoruba people on the battlefields. From Benjamin Adekunle to Col. Iluyomade (the battle of Ore),from Alabi Isama to Alani Akinrinade,Obasanjo,etc they were all nemesis for the Biafran soldiers on the battlefields. Go and read up a very good and unbiased accounts of the war.

Let go a bit down the memory lane. Yoruba people fought wars more than any other ethnic groups in Africa and they were NEVER conquered by any other group;it is an historical fact. A trip to Imesi Ile or Igbajo in Osun state will clear whatever doubts you may have about this fact. We love peace now because we have paid some heavy prices for it on the battlefields. You may have to read up about the age long Yoruba war treaty in Imesi Ile for you to have an idea of what I'm saying kiddo ! That is a rich culture and history for you there;Yoruba have never been Igbo's mate in all ramifications ! Why don't you check out the map of the old Oyo empire too to see how expansive it was;it extended far beyond the shores of present day Nigeria'! Do you know that the Tabon people of Accra (Ghana) who helped the Ga to defeat the Ashanti during the Ga/Asante war are Yoruba people from Ife/ Oyo ? So,how on earth will your unknown tribe (Igbo),with no known records of any war,not to even talk of securing any victory,will ever think of intimidating us ? An average Yoruba man you see is a born warrior,but he will never look for trouble because he has been groomed to know that peace is invaluable ! You mumu often mistake Yoruba gentility for cowardice; you're so wrong !

Pray,I mean pray seriously that the seemingly unhealthy political atmosphere that currently exists does not snowball into a major crisis between Yoruba and Igbo people ! Whatever nonsense your Ipob and Ugm are doing in that your tiny erosion ravaged land of criminals will be a child's play ! You won't finish counting your losses,aswear!

1 Like

Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by VEHINTOLAR: 2:00am On Oct 20, 2022
ariesbull:
lol

When they wanted to leave in 1967 your father's fought for them to be amongst Nigeria when they left to form their biafra

Now they are back! They aren't Ghana folks! They have fought the war and came back more tough and taken parts of Lagos as theirs forever just like hausa took parts of Lagos forever and Edo taken over Egbeda Axis

So for you to take back this parts get ready for the war... And mind you they are tough! So learn to live in peace

See this empty chest beating,insecure loser who is not proud of his tiny erosion ravaged land of criminals ! Mumu,yen yen yen "take theirs" ! Blabbing senselessly like a shameless criminal okoro that he is ! Alaigbo is your home,Lagos or any part of Yoruba land will NEVER be !
Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by BraniacX(m): 2:52am On Oct 20, 2022
realestate99:

Another flat headed hairy chestbeater, in the early 2000s when your elders where begging for peace when O.P.C nearly wiped out a section of that market, where were you? you better stay in your lane, if you do not want worse fate to befall you, and to make matters worse, you have no allies in the country, you have virtually insulted every other ethnic group.
i was there then, your OPC were soundly beaten and many killed from ajangbadi to Alaba to ojo, many running to hide inside places of worship and into the iyana-iba back market close to the lagoon! Don't come bearing false witness here for an event you didn't experience firsthand! I saw what igbo traders did to those useless, worthless urchins and that is why I am surprised that 21 years later they are able to enter into the market to cause mayhem and still leave alive, the traders I knew of back then would have killed them, dismembered their corpses and distribute what is left to strategic location for their father tinubu to come pick up
Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by BraniacX(m): 3:04am On Oct 20, 2022
realestate99:

Yes, but any thing that can be able to cure some people's stupidity, especially those throwing unwarranted attacks ( verbally) on the great Yoruba race is not out of line, do not let me assume that you are a liberal Yoruba because they are even more dangerous than the outside enemies with their sympathetic approach to issues that can wreck our great tribe.
nobody is attacking the Yoruba race you m0ron! undecided they are attacking touts which can be of any tribe same as traders in alaba are of any tribe, the mindset that condemning the touts is a condemnation against your tribe only goes to show that you are either a tout for real or a tout at heart because no one should defend illegality irrespective of tribe, it is like me a Niger deltan defending oil bunkerers or Italian Americans making excuses for cossanostra Mafia bosses! It's all fun and games until they target you and those close to you then you recognise their criminality for what it is!

1 Like

Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by Onuoha1234(m): 4:26am On Oct 20, 2022
It is high time the proprietors.move this market from Alaba so.the.Lagos.Agberos can start their business there. Who does not know which persons built the market.It is not just a matter of shops but business acumen.
Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by ceaser: 4:28am On Oct 20, 2022
INDOMIE9090:
give what belong to Ceasar to ceasar

Yeah. And I give no wàhálà to those that give me what belongs to me.

Life is Simple.
Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by Alabaintprice(m): 5:05am On Oct 20, 2022
Christistruth00:

Alaba Market has already been closed down until further notice

It is not about you, it is for Public Safety

Point of correction..... Amalgamated president association said we should suspend activities until Monday while they resolve the issues.....

Which is the right thing to do.

Next time, get your facts right. Don't allow stupidity take over your sense of reasoning
Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by Alabaintprice(m): 5:06am On Oct 20, 2022
Diligent1:

The problem you people have is over confidence, you people don't work with reality.

You can say that again.

That's the right word to use.
Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by Alabaintprice(m): 5:07am On Oct 20, 2022
Diligent1:

These statements lack wisdom

It shouldn't make sense to you. I don't expect it to in any way.

Everyone should respect themselves at the end of the day.
Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by Alabaintprice(m): 5:09am On Oct 20, 2022
realestate99:

Lol @tigers tail, you all are paper tiger or better still online tiger, you can do nothing only chestbeating

Then try as much to stir up trouble within Igbo community to see what chest beating can look like.

Then you will understand that there is a difference between egbe Na egbe
Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by Alabaintprice(m): 5:11am On Oct 20, 2022
irunoko:
Alaba guys should arm themselves because those riffraffs no dey taya.them dey operate like cultists because they'll soon come again do they need to be taught a lesson and given a taste of their own medicine.meanwhile I thought Alaba boys have their own security, them suppose drive away any agbero trying to extort from buyers because they know that they cannot extort from the traders that is why they target the buyers.however I hope the arson those nonentities committed was able to be stopped ASAP and the Alaba boys didn't loose too much?

You know it's not everything one can say online. The thing is that no one will ever know ones capacity until you're forced to.

What I saw today was beyond my imagination.

Trust me, those idiots did not stand a chance.

We didn't loose anything at all.

1 Like

Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by Alabaintprice(m): 5:18am On Oct 20, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

You be mumu,I swear ! Who exactly are you trying to intimidate with your worthless, empty chest beating warning ? Oh my ......,please tell us what happened today at Alaba ? Lol ! Did you actually witness the little "show" today ? I bet you didn't ! I know this is another foolish attempt to present your chest beating Igbo tribe as being brave and strong whereas,we know otherwise ! Take it or leave it, Igbo will never be a match for the Yoruba when the chips are down ! It is unfortunate that you Igbo don't learn from history;that's really sad !

You may not know,there is a growing resentment for Igbo people in Yoruba land now and that has nothing to do with the forthcoming presidential election. The reason for that resentment is that majority of Yoruba people are now conscious of the fact that you Igbo eternally hate them ! The premeditated burning of Lagos during the endsars readily comes to mind here;you Igbo need to watch it !
And talking about any boundary,do we need to tell you that your boundaries are in alaigbo and that none exists in any part of the Yoruba land ?

It's no news that you all still dwell in the past and use it as sheiks and armour.

The worst thing that will happen I repeat it again is that you Yoruba in Lagos decide to be funny for any reason towards the Igbos.

I say it and I will say it again. We will match you all 1 on 1. This is not the civil war. Times has changed.

You will not even enjoy the outcome.

These are not mere words but reality.

Allow Igbos to live and do their business.

No sensible person will be in another man's land and would want to be troublesome.

But don't be stupid enough to think that we can't defend ourselves if the time comes because you don't know what we are capable of doing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by ceaser: 5:29am On Oct 20, 2022
BreconHills:

This argument about FCT is very tired. Abuja has been FCT since 1976/1985, what is its IGR?

Let's look at the data. ( this is for people who can read)

Abuja became FCT in 1976 but let's even say IBB moved there in 1985. In 1985 The population of lagos was 3.5m with a growth rate of 6.35%. We all know that northerners moved all Federal ministries to Abuja including the Nigeria Ports Authority and the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority to Abuja by 1990 meaning Lagos no longer had the multiplier effects of port and airport revenues

Because there is a Federal port or airport in lagos does not mean that Lagos takes the revenue. Got it? Hang on I am not done.

In 1999 when Tinunbu and the Alliance for Democracy took over in Lagos the IGR of lagos was 600m monthly and the population was 7m. Today in 2022 that IGR is 45bn monthly and the population is 25m. All this massive change under the same party from 1999 - 2022.

So the question I want to ask you is - if the FCT status and its subvention and taxes left lagos state between 1976 - 1985 where did the growth in IGR come from? If it came from business activities and not the FGN - why have other states not been able to replicate it? Remember that the government of Lagos state was in opposition to the PDP at the centre from 1999 - 2015. So how did the FGN now develop lagos between 1999-2015? In fact the obasanjo led PDP FGN refused to pay lagos its statutory allocation for over 6 years!

Ok so it is the hard working people from the east or the north that developed lagos abi? Please tell me what lagos listed companies they own on the Nigeria stock exchange? Or is it trading and building of houses that increased IGR? How much tax is paid by this group - personal income tax o. Remember that company tax is Federal tax.

Look stop this FCT argument. It's so weak. The reason lagos has grown financially is:
1. There was a comprehensive master plan that has been in place since 1999 that EVERY administration in Lagos has followed. No other state has had that stability.
2. Lagos is conducive for business because there are no laws or practices that victimise people from anywhere on the grounds of tribe, religion or gender. How many areas of Nigeria welcome non indigenes. Some neighbouring states are even exchanging hostilities in the SE. When oil companies were forced to go to Rivers, Bayelsea and oil producing states did they not run back to Lagos when MEND and Delta Avengers started on them. Which company in its right mind would want to be haunted by BH in the North East or Ipob/UGM in the SE?

Lagos is what Nigeria should be, a detribalized state that does not victimise non residents and which has developed the best infrastructure in Nigeria. Period.

By the way, I am not trying to convince you, I am merely using your contribution to memorialize the facts. Someone else might find this useful years from now. I realise that the Lagos was FCT argument is more of an emotional argument because people don't like Tinubu or SW people and so want to refuse credit. That's fine. But attributing lagos success to (let us even call it 15 years of) FCT when it has not been FCT for 37 years and of that 37 years 23 years have been under the same AD, ADP, APC party is unintelligent.

Please I don't have time for back and forth. I will only reply you if you use data. I dont do dk measuring contests or insults.

Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by irunoko(m): 5:48am On Oct 20, 2022
Alabaintprice:

You know it's not everything one can say online. The thing is that no one will ever know ones capacity until you're forced to.

What I saw today was beyond my imagination.

Trust me, those idiots did not stand a chance.

We didn't loose anything at all.
thank God for that but make una keep alert.theyll try again.those riffraffs no dey Taya.

1 Like

Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by ceaser: 5:53am On Oct 20, 2022
Babinski:

It is really annoying when revisionist historians try to underplay the contributions of the good, accommodating and illustrious nature of the Yoruba people to the success of the Lagos we all know now.

For those who try to claim that the Igbos or the FCT status of Lagos is largely what made Lagos what it is today, you need to study the Lagos history for better understanding.

Lagos was forcefully under threat of violence, made a British colony on 5 March 1862. By 1872, Lagos was a cosmopolitan trading center and between 1890 and 1897 it had established a protectorate over most of Yorubaland.

Colonial Lagos developed into a busy, cosmopolitan port, with an architecture that blended Victorian and Brazilian styles. The Brazilian element was imparted by skilled builders and masons who had returned from Brazil. The black elite was composed of English-speaking "Saros" from Sierra Leone and other emancipated slaves who had been repatriated from Brazil and Cuba. By 1872, the population of the colony was over 60,000, of whom less than 100 were of European origin. In 1876, imports were valued at £476,813 and exports at £619,260. This is more than 30 years begore the amalgamation that became Nigeria.

By contrast the revenue from the Southern Protectorate which covered Oil Rivers area in present day Nigeria, the Aro Confederacy, Kingdoms of Benin and Bonny and Akwa Akpa (modern Calabar) and Oron Nation by 1900 was £535,902. Revenue from Northern protectorate was even worse a d it is clear the amalgamation was done to fund the poor Northern protectorate from the prosperous South, from which the Lagos Colony clearly stood out.

While Lagos has the fortune of being along the coast, that distinction is not limited to Lagos within Nigeria. But the accommodating and illustrious nature of its Yoruba people contributed largely to what it has become. The ease of doing business in Lagos, the non-discrimination and welcoming attitude of the Yoruba people cannot be overlooked or over
emphasized.
Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by Alabaintprice(m): 6:01am On Oct 20, 2022
irunoko:
thank God for that but make una keep alert.theyll try again.those riffraffs no dey Taya.

We dey on steady guard.
The truth is that those touts there don't even know what they are up against.

Earlier this year it was Hausa with Yoruba.
Now it's Igbo with Yoruba.

The people doing business there are Igbo and Hausa.

There is an extent this thing will reach, the worst that will happen will be that Hausa and Igbo traders in that Alaba will make it hot for those touts there.

They won't even know what hit them at all.
Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by saintrow1: 6:19am On Oct 20, 2022
babaolofin:

I am totally against thugs harassing hardworking IBOS and those mallams doing labourer jobs at Alaba. I condemned it in its entirety.

I have not read the story or received any information from any of my friends in that place but I know this will happen anytime before now.

Immediately Tinubu won Primary election, few hours later there was an announcement that Alaba International will not be opened the following day till about 2 pm to enable traders register for PVC. That following day the few INEC registration units were overwhelmed by unexpected large crowd which disrupted INEC registration activities and almost led to fight between some residents and traders. INEC staff, Local Council Staff and area boys were not aware of the traders directive for their members to lock shops for registration that day. Trouble was averted that day.

For years, I know there will be problems at Alaba and not Alaba alone but the entire Lagos and in future Ogun State. The political situation also compounds the problem.

My friend that was at Alaba on Friday told me on Monday that most of his friends were discussing the issue of KANU's freedom after he has been discharged by Court.

When people are lazy and out of laziness sold their inheritance and squandered the money only to return back to the area to constitute nuisance as Area boys this is what you get. Having said this, the settlers must also obey Constituted Authority- Kings, Chiefs, Local government authority. The constituted authority must not use area boys to collect levy and must work together with the traders Union in the market.

Thugs cannot be harassing hardworking traders. Some of them died out of stress. Traders are not happy losing their members to business stress created by Nigeria situation. Again, they are not happy Peter Obi is not a contender to the presidency as it is now clear and KANU has not be released.

These are what in my opinion are the invincible background of the problems.

Do yourself a big favour, leave lagos now and go back to your region. Things will be way too hot for you ibos in yorubaland.
Re: Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures) by Snapchat: 6:31am On Oct 20, 2022
Masterito:
Feel free to be stupid.

Apparently, your father is the stupid one.

E pain am, flatiino grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

2 Female Undergraduates Stripped For Robbery In Calabar / Young Girl Killed By Stray Bullet While Asleep In Her Bed In Maiduguri / 14-Year-Old Girl Allegedly Raped By Her Landlord's Son In Lagos (Disturbing Pics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.