Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,142 members, 7,963,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 05:22 PM

How To Land Gigs Faster As A Content Writer - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Land Gigs Faster As A Content Writer (137 Views)

Talk To Our Sales Experts To Sell Your Properties 10X Faster Nationwide / Connect with Us To Sell Your Properties 10X Faster Nationwide / SELL YOUR PROPERTIES FASTER (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Land Gigs Faster As A Content Writer by FortuneAmby(m): 10:57am On Oct 20, 2022
How do I find my niche?

This is the question I got in my DM after a follower of mine read my post yesterday.

She is new to freelance content writing and is still confused about finding her niche.

I knew how she was feeling, which led me to make this post today.

As a content writer, you have to find your niche. If you've been a close follower of mine, you'd notice how I've changed my profile headline multiple times.

It wasn't a deliberate act per, say but I was looking for my niche, a space where I could find peace and happiness while writing, a space where I could become an authority figure people look up to—to learn and get value from.

When I enrolled in the ECA Mentorship class anchored by Chukwuemeka, aside from learning how to carve out words that will get you to your target market, he laid much emphasis on finding your niche.

Never chase the hot thing!

Finding your niche is like looking for a place to live; that is where people will come to visit you if need be.

Chasing the hot thing is like living in a hotel. Nobody lives in a hotel forever.

Dear reader, no matter how good of a writer you are, without finding your niche, you're just like every other human being who can just sit and push their pen randomly.

These tips can help you find your niche.

Find what you are passionate about

It could be politics, lifestyle, tech, crypto, NFTs, stocks, relationships, and health. Something spectacular that you can do effortlessly without getting bored or tired.

Determine your area of strength.

Ask friends and family what they think you're good at.

Figure out what types of information you can effectively share with people to improve their lives. Oftentimes, identifying your strengths and existing know-how can help you pinpoint a writing niche.

Practice often
If you're new to content writing, it's important to dabble here and there when you're getting started. You can write short social media posts to test your engaging writing skills or opt for short 500-word writing opportunities to test your chops.

Be Self-Aware 
A considerable dose of self-awareness is significant to finding your freelance writing niche. A lot of people aren't honest with themselves and find themselves writing in an industry that is too entangled or above their skill set. To avoid this, make sure to practice self-reflection.

Get a Mentor
Sometimes, getting out of your head is the best thing you can do to truly understand your skills. Getting an opinion from someone who knows you but isn't involved in your business can offer clarity when picking a niche.

Talking to people who have walked the path you're about to walk is a great way to get a head start in finding your niche.

I am Fortune Ambrose, an SEO Creative Content Writer. I help brands increase their online visibility and traffic through well-carved and compelled content enriched with relevant keywords.

(1) (Reply)

TO Let:-mini Flat(s) Decent *@ Palmgrove, Surulere & Mushin, Lagos. / How To Sell An Expensive Property! / Plots Of Land For Sale At Okpanam, Call:08160274884

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.