Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,347 members, 7,910,776 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 04:31 PM

UK Prime Minister Liz Truss Resign After 44 Days In Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Prime Minister Liz Truss Resign After 44 Days In Office (284 Views)

401 Osun LG Caretaker Chairmen, Members Resign After Supreme Court Judgment / Tinubu Yet To Reconvene FEC 44 Days After Inaugural Meeting / PDP Bot Asked Ayu To Resign After 2023 Election – Wabara Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

UK Prime Minister Liz Truss Resign After 44 Days In Office by Gjrich(m): 2:00am On Oct 21, 2022
Liz Truss has resigned as prime minister and will step down after a week-long emergency contest to find her successor, she announced outside Downing Street on Thursday.

Here is her resignation statement:

I came into office at a time of great economic and international instability.

Families and businesses were worried about how to pay their bills.

Putin’s illegal war in Ukraine threatens the security of our whole continent.

And our country had been held back for too long by low economic growth.

I was elected by the Conservative party with a mandate to change this.

We delivered on energy bills and on cutting national insurance.

And we set out a vision for a low-tax, high-growth economy that would take advantage of the freedoms of Brexit.

I recognise, though, given the situation, I cannot deliver the mandate on which I was elected by the Conservative party.

I have therefore spoken to His Majesty the King to notify him that I am resigning as leader of the Conservative party.

This morning I met the chair of the 1922 Committee, Sir Graham Brady.

We have agreed there will be a leadership election to be completed in the next week.

This will ensure we remain on a path to deliver our fiscal plans and maintain our country’s economic stability and national security.

I will remain as prime minister until a successor has been chosen.

Thank you

Re: UK Prime Minister Liz Truss Resign After 44 Days In Office by Chinjo2: 2:30am On Oct 21, 2022
A typical Nigerian politician would rather die in that position. Emi Lokan my A$$
Re: UK Prime Minister Liz Truss Resign After 44 Days In Office by toneroforever(m): 2:31am On Oct 21, 2022
Wow...She didn't last. Honorable leaders take responsibility. Will our leaders ever do this?
Re: UK Prime Minister Liz Truss Resign After 44 Days In Office by Decentdave(m): 3:09am On Oct 21, 2022
Hmmmn
Re: UK Prime Minister Liz Truss Resign After 44 Days In Office by Mynd44: 8:19am On Oct 21, 2022

(1)

Nnamdi Kanu Again / Ajuloopin Used Our Mandate To Enrich Self , Built Luxury Mansions -sholyments / 2023:ajegunle Constituents Pass Vote Of Confidence On Omobarca For Nat. Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.