Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,237 members, 7,934,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 04:45 PM

Eko Youth Walk: Seyi Tinubu, Saheed Balogun, Pasuma, 9ice and others (Photos) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Youth Walk: Seyi Tinubu, Saheed Balogun, Pasuma, 9ice and others (Photos) (65787 Views)

Saheed Balogun Joins Mini-walk Taking Place In Jos For Tinubu/Shettima (Photos) / Saheed Balogun, Dayo Amusa, Others At 5-Million-Man March For Tinubu In Lagos / Actor Saheed Balogun Sings Igbo Songs Supporting Bola Tinubu With Igbos In Bus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Youth Walk: Seyi Tinubu, Saheed Balogun, Pasuma, 9ice and others (Photos) by onatisi(m): 8:10am On Oct 23, 2022
leanpad001:
I’m not a supporter of anybody but I think campaign, rally should free will for your candidate and not mandatory where you have to force market women not to open their shops or like they shut my mechanic down today for opening his workshop simply because he didn’t attend the rally and was told to pay 5k for penalty. I think most of this crowd really had no choice. Where’s the freedom
That shows to you how unpopular they are . Many lagosians are tired of these thugs and they see these thugs as Lagos apc means of coercing ppl to do things they don't want. Let people be given free will to choose and you will see how scanty the crowd will be for APC in Lagos rallies.

1 Like

Re: Eko Youth Walk: Seyi Tinubu, Saheed Balogun, Pasuma, 9ice and others (Photos) by wumi2017(f): 8:22am On Oct 23, 2022
Suffering and smiling
Re: Eko Youth Walk: Seyi Tinubu, Saheed Balogun, Pasuma, 9ice and others (Photos) by 00FFT00(m): 9:22am On Oct 23, 2022
Tzar:
You see your folly?
When Obi gets a crowd, it is NIGERIANS (even when the crowd is 90% Igbos).
But when Tinubu gets a crowd, it is YORUBAS ONLY?
We will show you people pepper. Una never see anything! I didn’t want to vote before , but with the way you OBI people have directed this elections, I am going to vote TINUBU for sure! It has become personal, especially in my LAGOS!

The more the merrier, brother. Every democracy thrives on inclusiveness and participation, unlike Tinubu, who has been working to disenfranchise those he does not like or because they are Igbo.

And NO. We will not vote for your thief. Understand this, Nigerians are not rejecting Tinubu because he is Yoruba. You need to get off this emotional blackmail. They are rejecting him en mass because of his antecedents. His journey through life is surrounded and encumbered by graft, corruption, drug dealing, mendacity, state capture, etc. We don't even know his real name and age. Should we also hand Nigeria to him?.

They know what is to befall them should this mistake happen in their lives. Admittedly, while there are no saints in Nigeria politics, we don't need a man arrogant enough that his political calculations include ignoring the same people whose lives he intends to preside over. Whole regions of the same country. How much more arrogant and disdainful do you want him to get?.

Nigerians do not want another old, sick man who will tele-manage their already strained livelihoods from a London sick bed while Seyi Tinubu, Mc Oluomo & co ride roughshod over them. They need a healthy, knowledgeable manager who is constantly on the ground, hands-on, corruption free, resolute, and possesses the right dose of emotional intelligence on the job.

Notice that I called it a job?. This is what it is. Not an entitlement, as Tinubu understands it.

Re: Eko Youth Walk: Seyi Tinubu, Saheed Balogun, Pasuma, 9ice and others (Photos) by Tzar(m): 9:57am On Oct 23, 2022
You CANNOT compel me to vote for your THIEF either. grin
Please ref this PANDORA files on OBI https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/487997-pandora-papers-inside-peter-obis-secret-businesses-and-how-he-broke-the-law.html

Unlike your OBI, please show proof of these your claims on TINUBU, if you can't, please CONTINUE TO BE IN PAINS! grin

I did not want to vote Tinubu because of Ambode and Osinbajo, but people like you make me ddecide to vote him just to make a point. Because, your OBI is not any better than Tinubu anyway... Tinubu is even better?
FYI, Obi killed and dumped Igbos in a river, prevented opposition from campaigning, under-developed Anambra, stole and invested Anambra money for personal gains, lies and cooks up fake data, belong to a cult group, OBI has uncivilized followers, OBI is a propagandist..... The list is endless

00FFT00:

The more the merrier, brother. Every democracy thrives on inclusiveness and participation, unlike Tinubu, who has been working to disenfranchise those he does not like or because they are Igbo.

And NO. We will not vote for your thief. Understand this, Nigerians are not rejecting Tinubu because he is Yoruba. You need to get off this emotional blackmail. They are rejecting him en mass because of his antecedents. His journey through life is surrounded and encumbered by graft, corruption, drug dealing, mendacity, state capture, etc. We don't even know his real name and age. Should we also hand Nigeria to him?.

They know what is to befall them should this mistake happen in their lives. Admittedly, while there are no saints in Nigeria politics, we don't need a man arrogant enough that his political calculations include ignoring the same people whose lives he intends to preside over. Whole regions of the same country. How much more arrogant and disdainful do you want him to get?.

Nigerians do not want another old, sick man who will tele-manage their already strained livelihoods from a London sick bed while Seyi Tinubu, Mc Oluomo & co ride roughshod over them. They need a healthy, knowledgeable manager who is constantly on the ground, hands-on, corruption free, resolute, and possesses the right dose of emotional intelligence on the job.

Notice that I called it a job?. This is what it is. Not an entitlement, as Tinubu understands it.

Re: Eko Youth Walk: Seyi Tinubu, Saheed Balogun, Pasuma, 9ice and others (Photos) by 00FFT00(m): 10:53am On Oct 23, 2022
BreconHills:

Thank your for your comments. As you might deduce, i am yoruba and possibly one of the older ( not necessarily wiser) members of this foreign. My first election as an adult was the 78-79 elecyion when i was 18/19. I have seen a lot of elections and I have my own idea of the way Nigeria is ultimately headed. The pathway for Nigeria is very narrow and if anything very fragile.

Unfortunately politics is a dirty game played by dirty players. I have no illusions about what the candidates and their supporters are capable of doing. For many supporters this is an emotional exercise in which a personal sense of safety and fear in equal proportion render logic impossible

However, I am a strong believer in regional government. I do not buy into the idea of Nigeria in its current form. I also believe that the aim of yorubas is regional government. The framework is in place with DAWN. Irrespective of which party the governors belong to, it is an ideal that all yorubas subscribe to. I like the non threatening way and the incremental nature of the steps towards federal deceleration being put forward in Bola Tinubu's manifesto. This is the only way to loosen the stranglehold of the centre - fiscal decoupling.

This being the case realpolitik calls on people like myself to consider which candidate opens the most realistic pathway for the advancement of this objective. In my opinion that candidate is Bola Tinubu. I do not base this on the superiority of his candidature only on the arch of history which in my opinion he is himself powerless to resist.

I do not believe that with the current structure of the economy, there is any room for a four year period of exposes and grandstanding. I know that many Nigerian people would love a season of score settlement and blood letting - it will serve no purpose. I believe we need someone who knows where the bodies are buried. I do not think we need a puritanic leader at this stage. Even if we need to hold our noses, we need someone who will weaken the unitary system by coopting the vested interests that have decimated this country. Those forces cannot be taken on directly and yet they cannot be submitted to.

This is why when I consider Atiku and Obi I see two men on extreme opposite mountains who will fail to address the flawed unitary nature of Nigeria - not because they do not understand the need to do so but because in one case there is no desire to do so and in the other, the lack of a national base to do so.

As you can see, I have thought this out and I am afraid we will have to agree to disagree.

Again, thank you so much for the tone you set in outlining your position. I wish Nairaland, including myself, understand that when everybody is yelling, no one is talking. We could learn so much from each other if we simply wear our thinking caps and traffic less on emotions and innuendoes.

I was a kid when you first voted sir, and truly, this is a manifestation of the Igbo proverb, Nwoke tosie, ochelu ibe ya, loosely translated thus: a mature man will also wait for the child to mature.

Like you, I am a strong believer and a proponent of regional government. One of our fathers for who I hold tremendous respect in Nigeria today is Pa Ayo Adebanjo. I completely align with him and those who think that we should return to a regional government and the attendant devolution of power, fiscal responsibilities, and a weak center.

But we yet have a way to get there. I hazard it may not come without blood and tears for obvious reasons.

I also believe that for a society to thrive, the three cardinals of Justice, equity, and fairness must be a currency freely available and legal tender in the lives of the citizenry. This is not the case in Nigeria as presently made up. This goes against the candidate you support (I will not go into details to keep this short).

So, this is where our alignment on the issues ends. I do not align with the idea that Tinubu is the Moses or Joshua of our time. I do not believe that any of the candidates available in this election are capable or intent on transforming Nigeria in the way that will lay the foundation for the renaissance we crave.

1. They are all politicians
2. They must cater to diverse non-aligned interests
3. They are still beholden to vested interests
4. Nigeria continues to be under the stranglehold of a powerful northern oligarchy.

This is why the candidate you support fizzles out as the messiah of our time. If we look past his human shortcomings and which he richly brings with him, we must also interrogate his associations. Tinubu's umbilical cord continues to be tethered to the north, and precisely, the same oligarchs who have ensured that no real restructure of this country will ever see the light of day. His running mate openly boasted to this effect. If I may ask, what happened to the 2014 confab conference report?.

Tinubu definitely knows where the bodies are buried, but so do the others. His opponents are no neophytes. We do not need to cover our noses in the stench of these politician's odious atrocities while they held sway or currently. One must interrogate why we need to recycle failures and somehow hope to still get it right. Where is the logic in this mindset?.

While I do not pretend nor consider the candidate I support to be puritanic, may I also submit that our country in its current form will not benefit from a euphemistic approach. We are too far gone in our entrenched ways that only a systemic but determined balkanization of the current detrimental factors will suffice.

We need an honest man. A man who has age and health to boot, verifiable and requisite education, executive experience in public administration and visible success in the private sector, unassailable integrity and character in the management of public funds and assets, emotional intelligence and so forth. Mr. Peter Obi checks all these boxes in contrast to Alhaji Ahmed Tinubu and Alhaji Atiku Abubarkar.

Therefore, it is safe to assume that we have a way ahead of us. My hope for our country is that we elect the best candidate who will honestly work in the interest of Nigerians. I do not believe that Ahaji Ahmed Tinubu has the will or capacity to usher in the eldorado his manifesto promises if one considers the paucity of needed fiscal resources, our current indebtedness, our credit rating, and his tethering to the very group of persons who by interest and nature are averse to the very principles for which you align to his candidacy.

A real contender is Alhaji Atiku Abubarkar, who aims to sail on the strength of northern bigotry and rural ignorance. He is also a poison pill to the very idea that endears you to Alhaji Ahmed Tinubu. The question is, who is left?.

You know the answer, and with that, I wish you, sir, a lovely Sunday holiday.
Re: Eko Youth Walk: Seyi Tinubu, Saheed Balogun, Pasuma, 9ice and others (Photos) by 00FFT00(m): 11:06am On Oct 23, 2022
Tzar:
You CANNOT compel me to vote for your THIEF either. grin
Please ref this PANDORA files on OBI https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/487997-pandora-papers-inside-peter-obis-secret-businesses-and-how-he-broke-the-law.html

Unlike your OBI, please show proof of these your claims on TINUBU, if you can't, please CONTINUE TO BE IN PAINS! grin

I did not want to vote Tinubu because of Ambode and Osinbajo, but people like you make me ddecide to vote him just to make a point. Because, your OBI is not any better than Tinubu anyway... Tinubu is even better?
FYI, Obi killed and dumped Igbos in a river, prevented opposition from campaigning, under-developed Anambra, stole and invested Anambra money for personal gains, lies and cooks up fake data, belong to a cult group, OBI has uncivilized followers, OBI is a propagandist..... The list is endless

I wasted my time engaging you.
I admit my mistakes when I make them.
Let me go apologize to my laptop processor for the abuse.

Bye.

1 Like

Re: Eko Youth Walk: Seyi Tinubu, Saheed Balogun, Pasuma, 9ice and others (Photos) by BuySomething: 11:57am On Oct 23, 2022
TINUBU DEY LEARN WORK
Re: Eko Youth Walk: Seyi Tinubu, Saheed Balogun, Pasuma, 9ice and others (Photos) by Ken4Christ: 9:11pm On Oct 23, 2022
femicyrus:

So we should die first because obi no dey give shishi?

After obi's walk, people were buying pain relief drugs and food from their own pocket.
But this one, you have money for drug, food, water and transport

I am not against you collecting the money. But vote for the right person on that day. Don't sell your vote on that day. If you do, you may have to pay with your life on the long run.
Re: Eko Youth Walk: Seyi Tinubu, Saheed Balogun, Pasuma, 9ice and others (Photos) by femicyrus(m): 9:37pm On Oct 23, 2022
Ken4Christ:

I am not against you collecting the money. But vote for the right person on that day. Don't sell your vote on that day. If you do, you may have to pay with your life on the long run.
The earlier you understand that tinubu lo kan the better
Re: Eko Youth Walk: Seyi Tinubu, Saheed Balogun, Pasuma, 9ice and others (Photos) by StreetMedia: 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2022
lhordspy:

Are you saying popular singers is wrong?
You are highlighting the popular to credit the meeting.
When the goons are no longer popular.
Re: Eko Youth Walk: Seyi Tinubu, Saheed Balogun, Pasuma, 9ice and others (Photos) by lhordspy: 6:51pm On Oct 24, 2022
wumi2017:
Suffering and smiling
Why would you say something like that?
Re: Eko Youth Walk: Seyi Tinubu, Saheed Balogun, Pasuma, 9ice and others (Photos) by Ken4Christ: 10:08pm On Oct 24, 2022
femicyrus:

The earlier you understand that tinubu lo kan the better

How?
Re: Eko Youth Walk: Seyi Tinubu, Saheed Balogun, Pasuma, 9ice and others (Photos) by IkeAnumudu: 12:36pm On Oct 28, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Let the hatred begin and end with you and your family.

Akuya.

Back to sender by fire and multiplied uncountable times.

May you and your family be consumed by the hatred that drips from every orifices in your hate-filled bodies.
Re: Eko Youth Walk: Seyi Tinubu, Saheed Balogun, Pasuma, 9ice and others (Photos) by PlayMaker14: 12:39pm On Oct 28, 2022
IkeAnumudu:

Back to sender by fire and multiplied uncountable times.

May you and your family be consumed by the hatred that drips from every orifices in your hate-filled bodies.
Let it begin and end with your family in Christ name.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Atiku To Consult Obi, Kwankwaso, Tinubu Considers Lalong, El-Rufai, SGF, Others / El-Rufai Names Sanusi Lamido Chancellor Of Kaduna State University / EFCC Seals Ihejirika's Estate In Abuja! (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.