Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,042 members, 7,949,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 12:51 PM

Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding (7984 Views)

[+18 Video] BBA Hotshots: Macky, Ellah, Butterphly And M’am Bea Time On Day 10 / Pictures Of Mercy Aigbe & Her Mum / Photo Of Mercy Johnson And Her Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by nsiadi: 3:32pm On Aug 20, 2011
The 5,000 women hv every right 2 protest
The prince has right 2 marry another wife
He has the right to divorce d 1st wife

Right is not really d issue here, Peace & Justice must be based on truth.
Love shd govern marriages but Churches shd build & not destroy
Where were these women whn Chris Okotie married another man`s wife?
Why shd men of God disrespect d marriage institution
Are all marriages registered? Is marriage certificate d only proof of marriage?
We are watching how d drama unfolds
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by akinwole21: 3:58pm On Aug 20, 2011
A man or lady out of marriage have a full right to re-marry anytime, meaning for anyone to be out of marriage.

From my understanding, they must have disolute whatever marriage they have, be it civil or traditional (either in court or the traditional way).

If not, even if you dont live together again, even if you dont have a child for eachother, you remain married unless the law of individual country states otherwise.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by dinggle: 4:01pm On Aug 20, 2011
This a problem that demands a simple solution. Since the marriage was contracted traditionally, Mercy's Prince should dissolve his ex traditionally, and move on with his marriage plan with Mercy. The marriage he had with lovely was a marriage for paper we all know how rough it is in Europe with legalization of documents. The Prince made a mistake by slandering lovely that she cheated blah-blah-blah, divorce her and more ahead no long thing.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by dinggle: 4:04pm On Aug 20, 2011
Society for Nigeria women likes picking their fight! where were they when IBB got married to another man's wife (Maryam) or when OBJ was sleeping with his son's wife?, nonsense! they've seen a man without political standing now they want publicity.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by rollingon: 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2011
U guys should know ,money is speaking here,Coz i don't fink is the first time things like this is happening,its now becoming a concern coz,those women have been paid to stop the wedding,and are they taking it up Coz the person involve is a celebrity.shikena
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by benom(m): 4:40pm On Aug 20, 2011
rolling_on:

U guys should know ,money is speaking here,Coz i don't fink is the first time things like this is happening,its now becoming a concern coz,those women have been paid to stop the wedding,and are they taking it up Coz the person involve is a celebrity.shikena

You are very stupid to make such an uninformed statement.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by Xionez(m): 4:56pm On Aug 20, 2011
Wetin concern fish with sahara desert. These women should have helped the woman to get back on her feet so as prove to the guy and the world that women can do better without a man and it isnt the end of the world.
Okay, if they abort the marriage, what next?!,
Will he decide out of grudge to take her back then proceed to maltreat her the more.
Or will the two part ways and decide to look each other in the face just to see who 'blinks' next so that he/she will sue for adultery and prove to everyone that she/he can keep their libido in check.
Let them look into the future.

Tstcheeew, Like women like suffering. Mercy Johnson should be wise to know that one day she will be in the ex-wife shoes.

P.S. Im on the fence cause i dont know who is fooling who. Im speaking from the proofs at hand and what i read.t know who is fooling who. Im speaking from the proofs at hand and what i read.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by Macavelius(m): 5:39pm On Aug 20, 2011
The society women of 'gbeboruns' should attend to more important issues and leave the young lady alone.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 20, 2011
http://www.wazobiareport.com/agony-aunt/Should-Mercy-Johnson-go-ahead-with-her-wedding-plans

Should Mercy Johnson go ahead with her wedding plans?

Aunty Ngozi,

I am one of your biggest fans but up till now I haven’t written you because I have no problems requiring your help. Thank God! But my friend is currently suffering in the hands of the Nigerian media and I want to have your take on her story.

The friend I’m talking about is actress Mercy Johnson. I don’t know if you are aware of her marriage plans to one Prince who already has a wife. The guy and his former wife have been separated for sometime but the lady is now blaming Mercy for her marriage break-up and sending spreading all sorts of story about Mercy calling her a home wrecker.

As of this morning I read on lindaikejiblog that the society for Nigerian women are planning to demonstrate if the wedding goes ahead. This is just too much and nobody is fighting my girl’s corner.

So please let me have your most sincere objective view on this issue. Someone needs to stand up for Mercy.

Femme fatale.

My reply

Dear Femme fatale,

Indeed I’m aware of the story but I must confess I haven’t been following it as a matter of duty. You see, the love lives of actresses and their lovers don’t pay my mortgage or fuel my car or buy my Christian Louboutin shoes.

That said; the matter of the so called Society for Nigerian Women has pinched my arm. I am now totally interested in the entire sordid affair.

Who are these Society for Nigerian Women? I am not a member, are you? Do you know any Nigerian woman who’s a member? Who appointed them? Who elected their leaders? Who are they representing? Not me. Who gave them the authority to carry out demonstration on my behalf?

The way I see it, the man is Nigerian, his first wife is Nigerian, Miss Mercy Johnson is Nigerian, and in Nigeria polygamy is not a crime.

I must say, the only person that’s been acting like an ass in all this is the first wife. Miss Johnson has maintained a dignified silence throughout and the only public washing of dirty linen has been done by the other woman.

It is not by force to remain married o! If someone stops loving you and they want to move on, let them. And if someone wants to become a second wife who has the right to tell them not to? How many of these Society For Nigerian Women members are not second or third or fourth wives? I’d like to know.

As for the first wife, the lady is a woman scorned and she’s all out to destroy the guy. She has fall my hand because she could have gone about it in a totally different manner instead of this global show of yansh she’s done to herself and her little kids. I mean, what man will ever feel safe to marry her now? If my brother says he wants to date such a woman I will warn him that madness can only be partially cured.

I have absolutely no advice for Mercy because she’s done no wrong falling in love and because it will be unfair to drag her into this matter. I know, it sounds silly saying that ‘cus its all about her wedding plans in the first place, but she did not ask for this fight. She did not go to the man’s happy home and force him to leave his wife and kids and follow her. She has not resorted to name calling and media bashing. She, I dare say, is the real victim in all this.

Back to this Society for Nigerian Women - I am going to join issues with them as a matter of principle. If indeed they seek to represent me then I want to know why they are spending their time getting involved in other people’s lives when women are still being marginalised in business and in politics in Nigeria.

If they truly represent me then I want them to carry their demonstration to Aso Rock and ask Jonathan why women are being picked off the roads of Abuja by the AEPB to be humiliated, molested, raped (yes, raped. Forcefully touching up a girl in the name of searching her or arresting her is rape), extorted, and charged with prostitution. I will join that march.

How can women stand and look when other women are being treated in this way? What if one of those girls wants to run for senate or even president in the future? Some stupid men will go and dig up the fact that she was charged with prostitution and use that to kill her ambition.

And so what if some of them are prostitutes? So what? Have you provided decent jobs for them? Have you given them better chances in life? Please!

This so called Society For Nigerian woman have really fall my hand. Who send them job?

Aunty Ngozi
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by BigMeat2: 6:18pm On Aug 20, 2011
What a funny story.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by Jenifa1: 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2011
the 5000 women protesting means that obviously things like this happen all the time in Naija.
Men marrying multiple women without consent or divorce from their "first" wives.

The church definitely should pressure the prince to divorce his wife first. why would a church of all places allow polygamy?
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by Leysco(m): 7:59pm On Aug 20, 2011
Why ar famous women finding it very difficult to marry single men?
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 20, 2011
Mercy is a shameless dog, runing after a man belonged to another woman dose means that she can find another man? After offering her self to the producers and directors in Nollywood, she find her way now to spoil another women martrimonial home.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by tpia5: 8:57pm On Aug 20, 2011
why would a church of all places allow polygamy?

the answers are indeed blowing in the wind ooohhhhh. undecided

why are NIGERIANS like this? why must they always do things in an "odi" manner?

ati church o, ati omo ijo o, ati this o ati that o- every bad thing na for nigerian hand e dey!!!!!!!
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 20, 2011
Mercy is really blind, d prince is a fool n d wife or ex wife is a shameless dog. This so called nigeria women blah , Blah, blah, They re jobless. 2 me this issue is not meant 4 d public, they shld stop washin their dirty linens in public n settle d issue amongst demselves, frnds n family. Wettin concern me? Na im b d career wen i dey pursue? Jobless nigeria women blah blah blah!!!
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by kandiikane(m): 11:05pm On Aug 20, 2011
:oIts so surprising the way we Nigerians have moved from a state of sanity to that of insanity. We are Africans, our culture is not the divorcing type. Pls don't blame her for trying to keep her husband and family, it's her right and it's silly to just let go of what you have or love. Pls lets put an end to this western insanity that is eating deep into us. we have our own cultures remember The man is obviously out of his mind, I mean who would go on with a wedding like this after all frowns. What made mercy think she won't be treated that way? Shameful

Oh please, stop with the western excuses. Is it by force for the man to love the woman? If the woman does not believe in divorce then she should allow the man to marry, is polygamy not in our culture?

The woman is cheap sef, man nor wan you but you are still behind him. Rubbish.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by tpia5: 11:24pm On Aug 20, 2011
^Not every african culture is polygamous and the man himself has quickly extricated his sorry backside from that assumption.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by kandiikane(m): 11:48pm On Aug 20, 2011
I did not say "every" but as a continent, polygamy is in our culture.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by Ranoscky(m): 12:55am On Aug 21, 2011
Leysco:

1 Million dollar question.

Floxyluv:

Mercy is really blind, d prince is a fool n d wife or ex wife is a shameless dog. This so called nigeria women blah , Blah, blah, They re jobless. 2 me this issue is not meant 4 d public, they shld stop washin their dirty linens in public n settle d issue amongst demselves, frnds n family. Wettin concern me? Na im b d career wen i dey pursue? Jobless nigeria women blah blah blah!!!
Hahahaha. . . .

My broda, I taya O! grin
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by Nobody: 2:03am On Aug 21, 2011
10 soldier, 5 police man, 3 boko harm boiz, 1 boiz scort will stop them, lol grin

it is obvious that the guy dont need the woman any more, make them leave then alone joor

HAPPY MARRIED LIFE MERCY JOHNSON (MERCILESS JOHNSON wey no get mercy at all for him other woman) grin
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by tpia5: 2:14am On Aug 21, 2011
@ kandiikane

idolatry and human sacrifice is also in our african culture but that doesnt make it mandatory for everybody.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by namdo(m): 2:45am On Aug 21, 2011
mercy johnson don fall my hand. all d free unmarried rich bobo dem don finish? she must have been pressured into this, bad news. i no support dis one. shocked
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by Outstrip(f): 4:08am On Aug 21, 2011
Can we please write a list and give to these women on other things they can protest about. Very silly indeed.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by Gfavour(f): 4:35am On Aug 21, 2011
My Fellow Nairalanders,

I came across an advert on the Internet on how to make International calls for as low as N10/min. Is it true? And can i get anyone who has been enjoying the service in nigeria? Please help before commiting myself to it!
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by abelian: 7:18am On Aug 21, 2011
More like Society for Insecure and utterly jobless Nigerian Women.

Mercy Johnson embodies everything they fear. . . a young, semi-attractive, vivacious girl "stealing" their husbands.

Now they must destroy her. . . .reminds me of the witch hunt of yester-years.

lol at the bolded. . . . semi-attractive
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by mansmith(m): 4:27pm On Aug 21, 2011
The Price needs a second wife and maybe a third.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by Obinoscopy(m): 7:24pm On Aug 21, 2011
Gfavour:

My Fellow Nairalanders,

I came across an advert on the Internet on how to make International calls for as low as N10/min. Is it true? And can i get anyone who has been enjoying the service in nigeria? Please help before commiting myself to it!

My dear this is a wrong place to ask that question. I suggest you go to the telecommunication section
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by kandiikane(m): 9:07pm On Aug 21, 2011
tpia@:

@ kandiikane

idolatry and human sacrifice is also in our african culture but that doesnt make it mandatory for everybody.

And who said it was? Did you not say it is in our African culture so how is that different to what I wrote?
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by promire2004(f): 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2011
na wa oh! All these stories we are hearing is all because MJ is a star actress, otherwise very few persons would have shown interest. She is only human and should be allowed to live her life d way she wants. Right now, everything depends on the 'prince okojie' or whatever in question. He should be bold enough to end dis feud b/w these 2 women and act like a man dat he is.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by WebSurfer(m): 3:50am On Aug 22, 2011
y dont nigerians mind their businesses
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by Mujinho4b(m): 5:14am On Aug 22, 2011
Hmm. Evry1 is jst confuse, Jst liv dem 2 get maried, mercy j will still pack ha load wit ha hands, undecided
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by Saipro(m): 7:48pm On Aug 22, 2011
Can't even believe moderators would allow this thread to exist. What exactly are we discussing here. And of what benefit to individuals (intellectuals)? Shouldn't even post . . . .

Case closed!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Chris Brown In Lagos.. Chilling With Wizkid & Eko Hotel Concerþ / Photos: Meet Jahdiah, The Guy Who Can Rock Bum Shorts Better Than Most Women / Transgender Pro Athlete Candace Parker NWBA Dark Secrets Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.