Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,115 members, 7,916,259 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 07:00 PM

Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! (45017 Views)

Mercy Johnson, Husband And Kids Swimming / Odianosen Okojie: How I Met My Wife, Mercy Johnson & Why I Don’t Watch Her Movie / Mercy Johnson To Marry My Husband ? " - Lovely Okojie Wife Of Prince Odianosen C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by pckid: 3:11pm On Aug 19, 2011
The biggest news is on the scandal rocking actress Mercy Johnson’s planned marraige to Prince Odianosen Okojie. The centre of the entire saga, Prince has finally spoken on the issue. He basically said: “I think she [Lovely] is just blackmailing me to separate me and Mercy, but it won’t work because what God has joined together, no man can put asunder”

Read excerpt of interview below:

THERE HAS BEEN A LOT IN THE MEDIA, ABOUT YOUR PERSONALITY, MIND BOGGLING EVIDENCE THAT YOU WERE ONCE MARRIED TO ONE LOVELYN OKOJIE

This is the first time I am coming out to clear air on the on-going issues that are affecting my marriage to Mercy Johnson. A lot of people have said a lot of things about me, these are things I have not said myself, they formed their own opinion but I can tell you that, this is nothing but the truth of the whole saga. It’s really hurting but I have to come to clear the air because of my fiancée Mercy, she means a lot to me and she has gone through a lot since these scandals broke out. I love her so much, that’s the reason I’m taking pain to do this right now. The lady in question, her real name is Adaeze, we met in Italy a long time ago, then I was living in Italy. We had a relationship, no doubt, she got pregnant;. In the course of our affair, she has two kids for me but the truth is we have both moved on with our lives; this truth is known to her. We were never married legally; we only had a traditional marriage. In fact, the traditional marriage was done by my parents, though I was right here in Lagos when the traditional marriage took place but I did not attend. That goes a long way to explain some issues surrounding the whole controversy.

It was my parents that insisted that I had to go ahead with such a plan because I’m from a royal family in Esan. It was to have the full fatherhood responsibility of my kids. This was done so the kids could bear my family name, Okojie. My parents were there to do it on my behalf.

WHAT ABOUT THE PICTURE THAT WAS EVERYWHERE, YOU WERE SIGNING THE CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE

What we were signing was the certificate of birth where we had the first baby, I had to go and recognize the baby, it was done at the ‘comune’ (Local Government) in Italy, it s a kind of community welfare package where both parent go and regularize the status of the baby, there was nothing like any legal marriage in Italy, the picture was in a community house, it was pre-arrangement to regularize the status and also for me to have my resident papers which we were already processing and it didn’t come out so because of that I left everything and I relocated to Nigeria in 2007. And this is well known to her.

BUT SHE CLAIMED THAT SHE HAD THE SECOND BABY IN 2008, HOW DID THAT COME ABOUT?

It’s true that she had another baby in 2008. shortly after I left she told me she was pregnant and because we had something together, I could not deny it. Later on, she moved down to Canada, throwing all her Italian papers away to seek asylum in Canada, it was in Canada she had the second baby, I have accepted the baby anyway.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING APART?

We lived together last in 2007, then I came to Nigeria while she moved to Canada.

YOUR FIANCÉ MERCY MUST BE SO TROUBLED AND DISPIRITED, HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DATING HER?

I’ve been with Mercy since 2007/2008, Mercy is really hurt right now but we have to be strong and be there for each other.

SINCE THE TIME YOU MET MERCY, DID YOU, ALONG THE LINE, TELL HER YOU ALREADY HAVE A FAMILY SOMEWHERE?

How do you mean family, it was not a family in that sense you are seeing it, it was an affair that we had that produced children and, Mercy knows I have two kids with her, because the first time she stepped into my house she saw the picture of my daughter, and I told her about them.

WHAT DO YOU THINK MIGHT HAVE CAUSE HER (LOVELYN)’S VITUPERATION JUST DAYS TO YOUR WEDDING?

I really don’t know, many people blackmail for different reasons, I think she is just blackmailing me to separate me and Mercy, but it won’t work because what God has joined together, no man can put asunder. Everyday new story breaks, Mercy and I are getting stronger by the day.

HAS LOVELYN ASKED YOU FOR ANYTHING?

I have been giving her money, but I don’t want to go into all that, but I have been giving her a lot of money, I have been to Canada to see them a couple of times to know how they are fairing. Each time I go to Canada for my Oil and Gas business, I go to see them. I can remember a particular occasion that I used Mercy as my screen saver, when my daughter saw it, she asked me: daddy is this your wife,? I said yes, the mother also saw it and she asked if its Mercy Johnson that I want to marry and I said yes and she said Ok.

SO WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING; YOU DID MENTION OIL AND GAS?

Well I like to keep a private life, I’m a businessman, I’m into importation of cars and I do oil and gas business.

LOVELYN’S RECENT ACTIVITIES MUST HAVE REALLY HURT YOU, HOPE YOU WON’T TRANSFER THE HATRED YOU ARE PRESENTLY DEVELOPING FOR HER TO THE CHILDREN?

I’m really bitter right now, she has caused me so much pains, but I will not allow her wicked nature affect my relationship with the children, moreover, Mercy is a loving person and a wonderful person, ‘she wont even mind taking care of the kids if she allows me to take custody of them, Mercy is kind enough to take good care of them.

WHAT ABOUT THE LATEST GIST THAT YOU TWO ARE NOW PLANNING TO WED SECRETLY?

I don’t know where you guys are getting information from, I did all these to clear the air because of Mercy, I’m doing this to protect her and her profession. As you all know, the marriage has been fixed for the 27th of August, and that is a couple of days from today.

WHAT IF SHE GOES TO COURT?

Why would she go to court? Can you ever build something on nothing?
I wonder too what legal action she would be taking against me. My father paid some money on her for the sake of the children the dissolution of that is already in process.

http://questionmarkmag.com/2011/08/mercy-johnsons-husband-to-be-prince-odianosen-okojie-finally-speaks/

Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 19, 2011
I really do not care.

I am just waiting for Kim Kadarshian marriage. Mercy Johnson can go to hell. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by HotieTima(f): 3:17pm On Aug 19, 2011
rokiatu:

I really do not care.

I am just waiting for Kim Kadarshian marriage. Mercy Johnson can go to hell. cheesy cheesy

shocked shocked shocked shocked mean much
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by exterf03(f): 4:15pm On Aug 19, 2011
interesting confession
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by luvinhubby(m): 4:40pm On Aug 19, 2011
Does this Prince guy know the meaning of the word `RESPONSIBILITY`. embarassed embarassed
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by MissyB3(f): 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2011
I’m really bitter right now, she has caused me so much pains
I'm delighted.  grin

Mercy is a loving person and a wonderful person
The same cannot be said of you!  cheesy

it was an affair that we had that produced children and, Mercy knows I have two kids with her
I thought you earlier denied one of the kids?  undecided

This is just the beginning. Pikin weh say im mama nor go sleep, will not/should not/cannot sleep either.  cheesy

[size=19pt]UPDATE[/size] BTW  cheesy

Society For Nigerian Women To Hold Demonstration If Mercy Johnson Proceeds With Wedding

A women's group, Society for Nigerian Women, have written to Christ Embassy that if the Church goes ahead with the wedding despite all the evidences and petitions of Lovely against the wedding that they would mobilize Nigerian Women to demonstrate and disrupt the wedding proceedings.

The letter addressed directly to Pastor Chris Oyakilome dated August 15th and  signed by Mrs. Chinyere Okonkwo President of the group indicated that after the meeting of the group on August 13th, they’ve decided to react to publications that were reporting that Pastor Chris lead church has finally agreed to go ahead with the wedding, it described the decisions as wicked and highly immoral that a man will leave his legally married wife and go ahead to marry another woman and a respectable church were ready to join them together.

The letter begged Pastor Chris to rescind the decisions in the interest of the innocent children that Odi had abandoned or risk 5,000 women demonstrating in front of the Church on the day of the wedding.

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/08/society-for-nigerian-women-to-hold.html
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 19, 2011
rokiatu:

I really do not care.

and whats Nl concern with ur america Kim Kadarshian , u dont care yet you come reADING embarassed

1 Like

Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by unongu(m): 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2011
This whole thing is simple. Me thinks that both Prince Okojie and Adaeze (Lovely the estranged wife) have the right to behave the way they are doing right now. The Prince admitted that his parents conducted a traditional marriage for the both of them, so, they are a married couple - pure and simple. Ask the social studies pupil and he/she will tell you, There are three types of marriages in the Nigerian context, (1) Traditional Marriage (2) Religious (Church/Islamic) Marriage (3) Court Marriage. Anyone of the above mentioned types of marriage is recognized by the authorities and the society at large so there's no need making a fuss over whether they walked down the aisle or whether they signed certificates in the courtroom. Moreso, they both lived together and in the process, had children, what else can one put forth as evidence of their co-habitation and consummation of such union? My advice to the Prince is, accept the fact that you were married and do something proper to terminate the marriage with Adaeze in order to move on. QED. P.S: The children are the most important factors here, just make sure that they are secured.
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by brainpulse: 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2011
this Guy is funny O, did pregancy jumped from him to the lady. Because of his found lover he is speAking as if they forced him to sleep with the lady. My advice to Mercy Johnson is that - DE WHIP WHEY DEY TAK FLOG IYALE (FIRST WIFE) DEY STILL KEEP AM FOR IYAWO (NEW WIFE).
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by Marchman: 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2011
Really interesting. I think the issue here is whether one can do traditional marriage and yet go ahead to wed someone else in church and the registry. I think so. Morally, it is wrong, but legally the Prince can get away with it.
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 19, 2011
Na wo for the never ending story, i tire for that guy behaving like a woman
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by cold(m): 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2011
Missy ★ B:

[size=19pt]UPDATE[/size] BTW  cheesy

Society For Nigerian Women To Hold Demonstration If Mercy Johnson Proceeds With Wedding

A women's group, Society for Nigerian Women, have written to Christ Embassy that if the Church goes ahead with the wedding despite all the evidences and petitions of Lovely against the wedding that they would mobilize Nigerian Women to demonstrate and disrupt the wedding proceedings.

The letter addressed directly to Pastor Chris Oyakilome dated August 15th and  signed by Mrs. Chinyere Okonkwo President of the group indicated that after the meeting of the group on August 13th, they’ve decided to react to publications that were reporting that Pastor Chris lead church has finally agreed to go ahead with the wedding, it described the decisions as wicked and highly immoral that a man will leave his legally married wife and go ahead to marry another woman and a respectable church were ready to join them together.

The letter begged Pastor Chris to rescind the decisions in the interest of the innocent children that Odi had abandoned or risk 5,000 women demonstrating in front of the Church on the day of the wedding.

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/08/society-for-nigerian-women-to-hold.html
Wow!Not sure what to make of this
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by Dgunnerz(m): 4:54pm On Aug 19, 2011
Missy ★ B:
. Pikin weh say im mama nor go sleep, will not/should not/cannot sleep either.  cheesy!
Na lie be that.Pikin wey say him mama no go sleep,na orphanage go fit am well well!
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by Dgunnerz(m): 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2011
Missy ★ B:
. Pikin weh say im mama nor go sleep, will not/should not/cannot sleep either.  cheesy!
Na lie be that.Pikin wey say him mama no go sleep,na orphanage go fit am well well!
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by dbigrod(m): 5:07pm On Aug 19, 2011
this guy cant be telling the truth.

@missyb,

wink wink cheesy
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by tpia5: 5:08pm On Aug 19, 2011
What a useless man.

I would also like to see which pastor is going to be performing that wedding at christ embassy after full knowledge of this affair.
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by cecetanna: 5:12pm On Aug 19, 2011
pckid:

SINCE THE TIME YOU MET MERCY, DID YOU, ALONG THE LINE, TELL HER YOU ALREADY HAVE A FAMILY SOMEWHERE?

How do you mean family, it was not a family in that sense you are seeing it, it was an affair that we had that produced children and, Mercy knows I have two kids with her, because the first time she stepped into my house she saw the picture of my daughter, and I told her about them.

shocked shocked

After 2kids it was just a fling
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by ironben(m): 5:48pm On Aug 19, 2011
Nawa o! Matas arising! Mercy go still marry dis guy so?
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by blank(f): 5:53pm On Aug 19, 2011
I thought they had cancelled the wedding?
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by Carlosein(m): 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2011
blank:

I thought they had cancelled the wedding?

abi o!
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by Ericology(m): 6:01pm On Aug 19, 2011
I live in Rome Italy and one of the pics i saw with the representative of the City mayor handing the red green white italian flag on her neck can only be taken at the registery, This guy is a big liar
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by Carlosein(m): 6:08pm On Aug 19, 2011
That prince or whatever he calls himself, is just lying between his teeth.
agreed, you no longer want the woman. do what's needed and stop wasting time and space in denial.
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by Donbrig: 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2011
Very sad and discouraging. So Mercy couldn't find a man with a better reputation to marry, despite her little money and fame. Well, Christ Embassy should be very very very careful, if they conduct this marriage for Mercy and her questionable husband to be, I wonder what Chris Oyakhilome would be preaching about MARITAL FAITHFULNESS.
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by r231(m): 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2011
this guy sef
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by MosD: 6:38pm On Aug 19, 2011
1- I thought Mercy had taken d wisest decision and called-off the wedding. 2- The guy has already indicted himself on abandonment or irresponsibility. 3- As for the church, is d issue of money,money,money, must b funny in a rich man's world,
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by scopusng(m): 6:47pm On Aug 19, 2011
i tied for dis man sef. Abeg, give me pure water make i take cool my brain. Moro.n
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by PeeBee: 6:48pm On Aug 19, 2011
I dont really know why this is causing so much trouble. You married her traditionally (we dont care if it was in absentia or the reason), end the marriage in the same way. Come back and tell us all this story when you're "divorced" traditionally and no 'women association' can challenge you.
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by TrendyTopaz: 6:54pm On Aug 19, 2011
unongu:

This whole thing is simple. Me thinks that both Prince Okojie and Adaeze (Lovely the estranged wife) have the right to behave the way they are doing right now. The Prince admitted that his parents conducted a traditional marriage for the both of them, so, they are a married couple - pure and simple. Ask the social studies pupil and he/she will tell you, There are three types of marriages in the Nigerian context, (1) Traditional Marriage (2) Religious (Church/Islamic) Marriage (3) Court Marriage. Anyone of the above mentioned types of marriage is recognized by the authorities and the society at large so there's no need making a fuss over whether they walked down the aisle or whether they signed certificates in the courtroom. Moreso, they both lived together and in the process, had children, what else can one put forth as evidence of their co-habitation and consummation of such union? My advice to the Prince is, accept the fact that you were married and do something proper to terminate the marriage with Adaeze in order to move on. QED. P.S: The children are the most important factors here, just make sure that they are secured. U said it all
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Husband-to-be Prince Odianosen Okojie Finally Speaks! by ifihearam: 7:05pm On Aug 19, 2011
Not to be pessimistic,the marriage would not last.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Charlyboy Blasts Tiwa Savage & Teebillz: “mutual Respect Is Non-negotiable / 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement / Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.