Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,021 members, 7,966,761 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 10:20 PM

Unscrupulous And Illegal Collections By Benin Disco (BEDC) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Unscrupulous And Illegal Collections By Benin Disco (BEDC) (138 Views)

Flutterwave And Illegal Deduction / Facebook 10 Years Challenge: Check Out Amazing Throwback Photo Collections / Unscrupulous Bank Charges: A Case Study Of Stanbic IBTC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unscrupulous And Illegal Collections By Benin Disco (BEDC) by SonOfGod007: 9:26am On Oct 25, 2022
The Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) has of late engaged in acts that depict total lack of decency and smacks of wanton illegality in the way and manner it has gone out to mobilize funds from the residents of Benin City in Edo state.
This writer witnessed one of such.
The agents of BEDC moved from house to house checking their Pre-paid meters and, in this particular case at a residence on Doda Street, Uselu Benin City whose occupant recently purchased a One Thousand Naira ( N1,000.00) token recharge the agents checked the meter and confirmed the state of the meter to be in order but promised to come back.
On their return a few days later, they claimed the occupants were not purchasing tokens ( paying) enough as much as they expected and thus cut the wires that supplied power to the apartment with an instruction that they should go and purchase Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) recharge for the meter before the wires would be released to them. And I wondered what on earth these guys meant by that!
Are users not expected to manage the units they purchase to power their apartments as much as they possibly can? Why would BEDC be insisting I must purchase N10,000.00 worth of units when I may not be able to afford such and despite regular recharges?
My questions are, when and how come BEDC now has the power or legal status to determine how much power each household using prepaid meter and regularly recharging same must consume within certain period. Why would the wires connecting a household which regularly recharges be summarily disconnected and people be forced to cough out various sums ( as in this case N10,000.00) to pay BEDC for power that is not yet needed. Does this not amount to daylight robbery and recklessness for BEDC through its agents to summarily cut people’s lines on a prepaid meter even when they are recharging.
I need all Nigerians to join me in asking these questions.

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Price On Stone Coated Steel Roof Tile With Warranty Period Of Years / 2023 Budget Defence: State House Gets Nearly 50 Per Cent Cut / How To Make A Team On Twitch: 3 Easy Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.