Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,025 members, 7,942,713 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 03:25 PM

My Problem With Intercontinental Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Problem With Intercontinental Bank (619 Views)

Access Bank To Pay N53.47 Billion For 75% Of Intercontinental Bank / Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? / Extortion By Intercontinental Bank PLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Problem With Intercontinental Bank by tEsLim(m): 6:26pm On Aug 19, 2011
A friend of mine one time applied for Intercontinental Platinum MasterCard which was meant to be a debit card which opening balance was $5k. One time withdrew from the funds and used it i.e transferred funds from it to his domiciliary etc. Then at one point used online. After the online use the online website as at that time continual charged the card and the card went into debit. Like owing the bank upto $800, when he saw this in the statement he refuted the debt and in the first place the card is not suppose to go into deficit.

Even myself have hard MasterCard prepaid and bank cards from Nigerian and Europe and never hard such problem where you begin to owe/ take over draft and the bank keeps charging interest now he says its upto $1k+ And the bank refuses to close the account unless the debts are paid.

The its been 2 to 3years now and the bank keep calling asking him to pay the increasing debt sad , what should he do? Need a lawyer on a $1k matter? And dont forget this fools do jungle justice I heard a friend was locked up in Gtb and forced to pay money from one his accounts before released on similar occasion.
Re: My Problem With Intercontinental Bank by tEsLim(m): 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2011
lol 13 views no comment
Re: My Problem With Intercontinental Bank by wiseman10(m): 2:17pm On Aug 22, 2011
he was making payment to a website that has monthly subscriptions or that he signed terms with unknowingly which will be deductin his money from the card. its adviced never use your card to make payment for always charging websites instead use paypal or call someone to do that for you outside if you cant and dont know how to use paypal from nigeria.

as long as intercontinental did not use the money he is in debt of it and the earlier he pays the beter for him.
this is not the bank prob rather the business he did with the card has made it to get deductions from the merchants website he has dealt with.

let him stop the card 4rm working 1st and then pay the debt or he can run away and avoid contact with the bank but for how long? lol
Re: My Problem With Intercontinental Bank by tEsLim(m): 8:27pm On Aug 22, 2011
The card is a DEBIT card and the balance should stop at ZERO. Not go NEGATIVE thats the arguement

(1) (Reply)

Plus Africa: Are They Real? / Ghana Supplies Power To Togo & Parts Of Ivory Coast / Facebook Doubles First-half Revenue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.