Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,375 members, 7,881,351 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:26 PM

Boko Haram Kills 3 Policemen. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Kills 3 Policemen. (2483 Views)

3 Policemen Killed At A Station In Kaduna / Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos / Fresh Gun Battle At Chiranchi Quarters In Kano - 3 Policemen Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Kills 3 Policemen. by Rhino5dm: 9:49pm On Aug 19, 2011
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (Reuters) - Members of a radical Nigerian Islamist sect shot dead three policemen and a civilian after breaking into the house of one of the officers in the northeastern town of Maiduguri on Friday, police said. Maiduguri, the capital of Borno state, has been the scene of months of attacks by Boko Haram, whose name roughly translated from the local Hausa language is "Western education is sinful." Most attacks target the police and other authority figures but this is the first strike reported at a policeman's home.

"The Boko Haram members burst into the residence of one of the policemen when three of them and the civilian were watching television and opened fire, killing all of them instantly," Simeon Midenda, Borno state police commissioner, told reporters. "The sect members have been watching our success at foiling all their efforts so they have changed tactics and have resorted to attacking our personnel at their residences." Police said on Friday they had arrested a shop owner who sold chemicals to people suspected of involvement in Monday's failed car bomb attack on the police headquarters in Maiduguri.

A man was shot dead by police after he rammed the car filled with explosives, which failed to detonate, through the gates leading to the police station, similar to a strike in the capital Abuja in June, carried out by Boko Haram.

The police commissioner of Yobe, another state in the remote northeast on the Niger border, said one of his patrols arrested eight members of Boko Haram behind a bomb attack last week and transferred them to police headquarters in Abuja. Bomb blasts in the north have replaced militant attacks on oil facilities hundreds of miles away in the southern Niger Delta as the main security threat in Nigeria.

Boko Haram's views, which include wanting sharia law more widely applied across Nigeria, are not backed by most of the country's Muslim population, the largest in sub-Saharan Africa.

President Goodluck Jonathan has appointed a committee to look into the unrest in the northeast. The team was supposed to deliver its report on Tuesday but was given a two-week extension after presenting preliminary findings.

http://af.reuters.com/article/topNews/idAFJOE77I0MO20110819?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews
Re: Boko Haram Kills 3 Policemen. by forexmoni(m): 1:28am On Aug 20, 2011
Hmm nawa o.Whe will this issue be resolved. Humans should act like humans not vampires
Re: Boko Haram Kills 3 Policemen. by seedord247(m): 1:47am On Aug 20, 2011
why can't this Boko Haram move to eagle square in abuja and do all this rather than killing innocent people. . . . Ooops i forgot the police are not innocent jooor
Re: Boko Haram Kills 3 Policemen. by PointB: 3:11am On Aug 20, 2011
Why can't we just give this kanuri butchers a sharia country - buharistan, so that the rest of us can have peace.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 3 Policemen. by cold(m): 3:48am On Aug 20, 2011
I'm torn between showing sympathy for these cops & saying 'they deserve it'.With the NPF you don't even know what emotions to display when they're killed
Re: Boko Haram Kills 3 Policemen. by Abuloma80(f): 5:52am On Aug 20, 2011
@forexmoni (m)
Hmm nawa o.Whe will this issue be resolved. Humans should act like humans not vampires

They are shooting n bombing, they are not sucking blood.
am not supporting them anyway
Re: Boko Haram Kills 3 Policemen. by Tolulop001(f): 8:08am On Aug 20, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

President Goodluck Jonathan has appointed a committee to look into the unrest in the northeast. The team was supposed to deliver its report on Tuesday but was given a two-week extension after presenting preliminary findings.

http://af.reuters.com/article/topNews/idAFJOE77I0MO20110819?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

that is what they know how to do best angry angry
Re: Boko Haram Kills 3 Policemen. by Rich4god(m): 8:47am On Aug 20, 2011
Am really tired of all this bastard that claim to be fighting an Islam course, I dont lwant to see any foriegn troops in Nigeria, but if its the only option, let NATO come and face this bastard.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 3 Policemen. by candylips(m): 9:51am On Aug 20, 2011
good development
Re: Boko Haram Kills 3 Policemen. by baslone: 10:51am On Aug 20, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

[b]President Goodluck Jonathan has appointed a committee to look into the unrest in the northeast. [/b]The team was supposed to deliver its report on Tuesday but was given a two-week extension after presenting preliminary findings.

After collecting estacodes, The further est they got was Kano.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 3 Policemen. by jamace(m): 10:54am On Aug 20, 2011

This is the problem with us Nigerians. I know that enough time was given to the committee to submit the report  in the first instance. But they have DELIBERATELY failed, just because of personal interest. The more days, the more the allowances for them. Blood money will kill us. Even when people are being murdered daily, the committee members PRIORITY is on the estacodes, allowances and other benefits that will accrue to them. Blood money!! Na wa o shocked shocked shocked
Re: Boko Haram Kills 3 Policemen. by seunlayi(m): 1:04pm On Aug 20, 2011
jamace:

This is the problem with us Nigerians. I know that enough time was given to the committee to submit the report  in the first instance. But they have DELIBERATELY failed, just because of personal interest. The more days, the more the allowances for them. Blood money will kill us. Even when people are being murdered daily, the committee members PRIORITY is on the estacodes, allowances and other benefits that will accrue to them. Blood money!! Na wa o shocked shocked shocked
Nigerian way of burying burning issues. grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Kills 3 Policemen. by netghost: 10:51pm On Aug 20, 2011
i think its time we split this country , i will take 50 percent, the other 50 percent can be shared equally grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Kills 3 Policemen. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 21, 2011
This boko haram or woteva dey call demselves are big fools. And soon dey will b treated lyk d fools they really are. I dnt totally blame dem, joblessness is really workin in deir lives. Oye ala!
Re: Boko Haram Kills 3 Policemen. by russellino: 4:41pm On Aug 21, 2011
I never knew I would live to say this but I miss what obj's line of action would have been. Gej is busy appointing committees to submit reports.meanwhile the cia just uncovered a connection between bh and al qaeda in the maghreb
Re: Boko Haram Kills 3 Policemen. by WebSurfer(m): 3:59am On Aug 22, 2011
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Boko Haram Kills 3 Policemen. by ibnmukhtar: 9:09pm On Aug 22, 2011
oh, journalist, why lying on issues that you are yet to verify, the said three policemen and the civilian were actually attacked but not killed, only one of them later gave up the ghost at the hospital, because i was admitted in the same ward with them due to kidney stone. and the remaining are still recieving treatment, so why lying?

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama / Man Jumps From The Moon...breaks Speed Of Light! / Imo, EU To Partner In 200 Micro-projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.