Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,502 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:29 PM

What Skill Should I Learn Before Traveling Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Skill Should I Learn Before Traveling Abroad (1694 Views)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad / What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? / Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Skill Should I Learn Before Traveling Abroad by jUeLiZ: 11:45am On Oct 26, 2022
Hello nairalanders, please I need your professional advice. Apart from IT related skills, what other selling skills would you advise some one to acquire before traveling abroad. Note: skills to acquire and perfected within one year.

Thanks for your meaningful contributions.
Re: What Skill Should I Learn Before Traveling Abroad by Goodman247: 5:01pm On Oct 26, 2022
Barbing
Re: What Skill Should I Learn Before Traveling Abroad by hodari: 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2022
jUeLiZ:
Hello nairalanders, please I need your professional advice. Apart from IT related skills, what other selling skills would you advise some one to acquire before traveling abroad. Note: skills to acquire and perfected within one year.

Washing old people's yansh aka "care giver".
Re: What Skill Should I Learn Before Traveling Abroad by ednut1(m): 6:14pm On Oct 26, 2022
Many of the so called skills are regulated and you need licence . Driving truck/forklift , welding/fabrication, barbing, plumbing etc are in demand
Re: What Skill Should I Learn Before Traveling Abroad by Enddy50ty(m): 1:32pm On Oct 27, 2022
ednut1:
Many of the so called skills are regulated and you need licence . Driving truck/forklift , welding/fabrication, barbing, plumbing etc are in demand

Yeah that's true, you're right.
I'm an automobile technician/ mechanic and when I made enquiries about applying for a job in Germany, I was told I'll have to get a trade test certificate which is recognized by the federal government.

I did my little research and found out that there's even a center where this certificate is issued not only for auto technician/ mechanics but almost all artisans but most people haven't even heard anything about it or even how to get certified.
Re: What Skill Should I Learn Before Traveling Abroad by ILEMUDA(m): 7:42pm On Oct 27, 2022
This should get to front page ASAP

This is educative thread
Re: What Skill Should I Learn Before Traveling Abroad by stacyadams: 8:47pm On Oct 27, 2022
jUeLiZ:

Truck driving.....no dull am.
Re: What Skill Should I Learn Before Traveling Abroad by internationalman(m): 7:25am On Oct 28, 2022
I need the answers to this question more than the OP himself specifically in the case of USA immigrant

1 Like

Re: What Skill Should I Learn Before Traveling Abroad by sageb: 7:35am On Oct 28, 2022
jUeLiZ:

Forklift and crane driving
Re: What Skill Should I Learn Before Traveling Abroad by Warmaterial(m): 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2022
Plumbing is the best, is in demand more than others.
Re: What Skill Should I Learn Before Traveling Abroad by Gipre(m): 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2022
Oloshoing....it's in hot demand.
Re: What Skill Should I Learn Before Traveling Abroad by Mcslize: 12:34am On Oct 29, 2022
Enddy50ty:

Yeah that's true, you're right.
I'm an automobile technician/ mechanic and when I made enquiries about applying for a job in Germany, I was told I'll have to get a trade test certificate which is recognized by the federal government.

I did my little research and found out that there's even a center where this certificate is issued not only for auto technician/ mechanics but almost all artisans but most people haven't even heard anything about it or even how to get certified.

Can you give more info on the center and how to go about it? I will like to acquire back up skill like that forklift ednut mentioned.
Re: What Skill Should I Learn Before Traveling Abroad by stonemasonn: 3:20am On Oct 29, 2022
IPhone and apple laptop repair.
Re: What Skill Should I Learn Before Traveling Abroad by Enddy50ty(m): 8:37am On Oct 29, 2022
Mcslize:

Can you give more info on the center and how to go about it? I will like to acquire back up skill like that forklift ednut mentioned.

I may not have information about all the skills that are available on the Trade Test Certification .

You can always get more information at The Federal Ministry Of Labour under (Skills Upgrading And Certification Department).
They have an office here in Lagos, somewhere at Yaba.
The certificate is internationally recognized.

If you already have a skill al you need is to go there for certification, which includes

* Theoretical
* Practical
* Oral

I hope this helps anyone out there who needs information about this.
Re: What Skill Should I Learn Before Traveling Abroad by jUeLiZ: 11:45pm On Nov 04, 2022
ednut1:

Thank you very much boss for your contribution. It means alot to me.

Please below is attached photo of the truck I had in mind. This is because I live close to area where people operate this in a cement production company. Do you think I should go ahea does it sell over there? Thanks �

Re: What Skill Should I Learn Before Traveling Abroad by ScalesDemy: 5:32am On Nov 05, 2022
Technical Writing
Sales Writing

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Things To Do In Abuja. / A Nigerian Woman Is Caught In The Act In Ghana / International Student Loan Without A U.s Cosigner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.