Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,315 members, 7,887,959 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:57 PM

How a bank in NIG Made Me Loose My Resident Permit Application - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How a bank in NIG Made Me Loose My Resident Permit Application (1035 Views)

Man Rushes Out From A Bank In Lagos & Strips Himself Unclad (Photos, Video) / Armed Robbery Attack On A Bank In Offa, Kwara State (Graphic Photos) / Armed Robbery Attack At A Bank In Offa, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How a bank in NIG Made Me Loose My Resident Permit Application by phemmylink(m): 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2022
Here is lesson I learnt in a very wicked way from the gross negligence and carelessness in the part of a bank Nigeria. If these post can be moved to the front page it will go a long way in helping others not to fall in this evil pit of life.

We applied for RP in July 5, 2022. Funded account as required, paid hard earned cash for school fees and application and started hoping we will get a positive response. However, August 29th, 2022 the Swedish Embassy sent a mail to the internal audit unit of the Bank Nigeria to verify and authenticate funds in the account and they refuse to respond. They rejected us on the 20th of September and thier reason was the fact that the Nigerian bank refused to respond. On getting to the branch closest to us in they accused us of falsification and ask us to go to the actual bank the statement was generated from, we have to head there which was Kilometers away. On getting to the bank branch that was were we laid complaints and that was the day they replied the embassy.

As I write this post they have cried foul and said it was a matter of "secrecy" that was the reason why they didn't respond as at when due. They mentioned some other reasons of which I am yet to understand how they toiled with the future of my family due to thier negligence and gross incompetence. I don't have any money to fight them or take them to court but I will do my best to make sure no one gets into this type of hole. I made a mistake putting my POF in my bank account. I even made a big mistake banking with them in the first place and I will advise you not to do so.
Re: How a bank in NIG Made Me Loose My Resident Permit Application by immortalcrown(m): 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2022
Hmmm! It is a pity.
Re: How a bank in NIG Made Me Loose My Resident Permit Application by darthv: 6:20pm On Oct 26, 2022
My POF dey first bank oo
Re: How a bank in NIG Made Me Loose My Resident Permit Application by tessy5: 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2022
Please contact me o8o64228472 I have something to discuss with you
Re: How a bank in NIG Made Me Loose My Resident Permit Application by sunnymighty(m): 7:07pm On Oct 26, 2022
@Op this is deep, I feel your pain however in most cases banks are not obligated to disclose account balance of their customers especially if they are not sure of caller's identity. IMO I feel you should have informed them ahead of the call, but then what do I know?
Re: How a bank in NIG Made Me Loose My Resident Permit Application by phemmylink(m): 7:31pm On Oct 26, 2022
It was mail they are suppose to respond to. They are supposed to authenticate my statement

sunnymighty:
@Op this is deep, I feel your pain however in most cases banks are not obligated to disclose account balance of their customers especially if they are not sure of caller's identity. IMO I feel you should have informed them ahead of the call, but then what do I know?
Re: How a bank in NIG Made Me Loose My Resident Permit Application by phemmylink(m): 7:32pm On Oct 26, 2022
Dont
tessy5:
Please contact me o8o64228472 I have something to discuss with you
Re: How a bank in NIG Made Me Loose My Resident Permit Application by Kajaard: 7:40pm On Oct 26, 2022
This is very sad undecided

nlfpmod
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Justwise

Please this is front-page worthy.
Re: How a bank in NIG Made Me Loose My Resident Permit Application by sunnymighty(m): 7:43pm On Oct 26, 2022
phemmylink:
It was mail they are suppose to respond to. They are supposed to authenticate my statement

Oh.ok
Re: How a bank in NIG Made Me Loose My Resident Permit Application by abuja007: 8:57pm On Oct 26, 2022
I find it strange. Make the embassy call.
Re: How a bank in NIG Made Me Loose My Resident Permit Application by Tokotaya: 9:20am On Oct 27, 2022
More specifics would have helped to give this story more push. Where was the branch located, Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja? Where did all this take place. You may wish to contact a journalist to help push this story into the front burners. Sorry for your loss.
Re: How a bank in NIG Made Me Loose My Resident Permit Application by 27Pushing30: 9:39am On Oct 27, 2022
sunnymighty:

Please don't say what you don't know...

better to be quiet
Re: How a bank in NIG Made Me Loose My Resident Permit Application by DaveHarry(m): 11:25am On Oct 27, 2022
sunnymighty:
Exactly
Re: How a bank in NIG Made Me Loose My Resident Permit Application by Ehinjuola: 4:25pm On Oct 27, 2022
Negligence has eaten up our country system to the extent of it turning to disease.

Imagine you loosing such huge opportunity because of nonchalant attitude that has become what they called "Norms"

When you haven't bribe them! SMH.
Re: How a bank in NIG Made Me Loose My Resident Permit Application by Sunnyshinylight(f): 8:12pm On Oct 27, 2022
You will understand better in the future

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Woman Assaults Police Officer, Pours Hot Soup On Him / Erisco And Chioma Case Disgraces Nigeria In Britain / Frauds Alert New Yahoo Yahoo Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.