Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,830 members, 7,945,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 10:58 PM

The Court Ruling In Rivers State Cannot Stand - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Court Ruling In Rivers State Cannot Stand (373 Views)

Mike Ozekhome: Judgment Sacking Umahi Cannot Stand Appeal Court Scrutiny / Tinubu Cannot Stand To See A Woman Cry, Deserves To Be President - Group / Imo PDP Condemns Ruling In Favour Of Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Court Ruling In Rivers State Cannot Stand by Confirmedzombie: 6:54pm On Oct 26, 2022
Theres something fundamentally wrong and disturbing about judges in Rivers State courts both at the Federal Courts and State high courts.

The news broke out that all the primaries conducted by the APC in Rivers State has been nullified by one of those clowns masquerading as judges in Rivers State.

The ground for nullifying the primaries was that the APC caretakerCommittee of Buni was unknown to law and therefore can't organise a lawful primaries.

Clearly many of these so- called Judge's are clowns and irritants.

There is an existing judgement of the Supreme Court to the effect that Buni was not a substantive Chairman and that there was no evidence they earned double salaries, that they acted in an Adhoc capacity.

This is why the nominations for APC elective positions sent by the Buni EXCO were accepted by INEC.

In spite of this subsisting and settled decision, some funny judges ignore the precedent and proceed to deliver Jankara rulings.

How can a judge even in the face of the extant provisions of the Amended Electoral Act and the cannons of democracy go ahead to disqualify all the candidates of a political party.

The same scenario played out shamelessly in 2019.

I urge the APC to as a matter of urgency petition the judge to the NJC while they head to the Appeal Court to seek for redress.

Im shocked that many people have commented in various thread mocking Amaechi and APC when they do not even know the onus of the judgement.

Also those who filled the case has since decamped to SDP with Magnus Abe.

My question is why is both wike and Abe afraid to meet a party they claim is dead in Rivers state at the poll.

1 Like

Re: The Court Ruling In Rivers State Cannot Stand by Dikegodspower(m): 7:22pm On Oct 26, 2022
Do you want to cry us a River?
If yes ,go ahead. I go use am do eba

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Writer? I Have A Job For You. / Arise TV & Nigeria Info News On Anambra Fire / Massive Underage Voters Uncovered In Borno, Jigawa, Kano, Katsina, Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.