Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,430 members, 7,932,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 06:18 AM

I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later (82608 Views)

Lady Confronts Family Friend For Sleeping With Her Father / Missing Wura Is Dead, Family Found Her Body In Canal / 6-Month Premature Vs 4-Years Later: Lady Shares Photos Of Her Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by studentofTruth: 6:13pm On Oct 28, 2022
HomeTutorsPro:

First, what you described isn't reincarnation.
Reincarnation occurs when the soul of a dead person reenters the body of a little baby while still in its mother's womb and is born to begin another journey of the mortal life.
What you just described is just your imagination playing tricks on you.
It happens to a lot of people.
You were thinking of the person at that moment without even realising it.
During such periods, the brain acts just like a corrupt computer disk.
The information about the dead people is there. The brain makes attempts to bring the information to consciousness but because you've already sent it to the "trash", it doesn't come up as active information.
That's why you don't even realise that you are thinking about the dead person.
Then in a moment, you look and think you saw the person.
In that state of mixed surprise, fear and apprehension, adrenaline is released along with cortisol which raises your consciousness level.
The " corrupt" information quickly gets suppressed as the brain has something more important to do so the person seems to have "disappeared".

Yes, your explanation is true. It's a brain misfiring. But it's not a thinking thing (thinking is done with the prefrontal cortex); it's a subconscious process involving the hippocampus and the amygdala, without the necessary input from the prefrontal cortex. The prefrontal cortex (emotional consciousness center), which normally verifies and ratifies info from those two organs to keep things in check was momentarily suppressed.

Here's how it happens:
The hippocampus is the emotional memory center. From time to time, it flashes a memory and the prefrontal cortex processes it and keeps the amygdala in check by putting the memory in its place in consciousness.

In the OP's case, the prefrontal cortex was momentarily suppressed (either by hunger, stress, or any other thing) when the hippocampus flashed the image of the dead person. With the prefrontal cortex unable to keep the amygdala in check when the hippocampus flashed the image, it freaks out and triggers the fear response — sympathetic system, adrenaline, and subsequently cortisol.

The prefrontal cortex was shut out at the crucial moment. Now that it has been jolted up, the entire limbic system is telling it that it has to believe what happened to be real. A pathetic situation.

This is a hack babalawos and pastors have been using for donkey years — suppress the prefrontal cortex and suggest to lower brain (hippocampus-amygdala complex) that control emotional memory and response!

6 Likes

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by neonly: 6:15pm On Oct 28, 2022
BABANGBALI:
so na you kill your mom?just because you wan come to this world, you kill am abi?

But u know say medical facilities were not much them der was a lot of complications couple with low in come of funds by my dad
Well no shacking we move

4 Likes

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by camri: 6:15pm On Oct 28, 2022
realestate99:

You are right!! But I am really curious about what this phenomenon is called, I have been hearing this stuff since I was a kid, I think there is more to it
its called ghosting
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by A001: 6:15pm On Oct 28, 2022
What OP described might be due to hallucination or it could have been real. There are tons of mysteries in this world that science is yet to even scratch their surface let alone discover.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Roycemadeit(m): 6:15pm On Oct 28, 2022
ibechris:
Our ancestors were more than rights.

They never argue this issue of reincarnation rather it is those religious people that have made it look as if our ancestors were evil and wrong.

Reincarnation is real and still remain very real till date.
Thank you for this!!!

1 Like

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by PrinceMajestic: 6:17pm On Oct 28, 2022
Anyone doubting things like this should just look for anybody that grew up in a place like a traditional palace like enogies or , Oni or oba palaces. I mean real sacred grounds ask people who stayed in these places about things like this and hear their experiences, y'all thinks it's fake. I'm laughing at people disbelieving

9 Likes

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Digixtreme: 6:17pm On Oct 28, 2022
This thing is soo real. I know about a person that died and after like 4 years, someone that knew him saw him in another town building a house, the person did not talk to him, he just went and told his wife, when the wife heard in disbelief, she decided to follow the man to see and lo and behold as the man saw his wife, he disappeared. Till today that house is still standing, but no one lives there. Its like a haunted house.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by KeyEndurance: 6:17pm On Oct 28, 2022
sidney22:

The message is already passed.
You saw him , you went to the mom and they went to his grave.
The rest is history.
You do not have to be afraid of sleeping alone in your room.
He can never harm you. Never.
Just be at peace with your self.
He Can Never Harm But We Dont trust All This Spirit Fah. Well If Am The One That See This, i Think By This Time I Will Have Be Sleeping at My Mother's back

1 Like

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Annahh(f): 6:18pm On Oct 28, 2022
ONUTOPSY:
Nothing like recarnation. What you saw was an evil spirit . They borrow his body to manifest physically.
Spirit doesn't have flesh, they either possess somebody to carry out there bidden or make use of the youthful dead body mostly those that died before their time. In most cases they make use of the person that dies through accident, during abortion, riots etc. It take beyond human understand to know this
The best reply. What he saw was a familiar spirit.
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by shantti(m): 6:18pm On Oct 28, 2022
PENNYSWAP:
Just shut up cuz u r obviously telling a fat LIE ...

See person wey follow dig grave

Infact which cemetery una dig the grave ?

Must you be rude, why not counter him with solid evidence politely

1 Like

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 28, 2022
Eberex:

If it's a genie , how did he know the dude recognized him? Going around a borrowed body without knowing who the person knew before his demise?
The jinn notice that the guy is familar with the form he took, even the OP mention that when they saw each other he wanted to scream that alone is a sign for the jinn to know that the guy is familar with the form. so he had no other option except to disapear and go to another place were no one will recognize him

1 Like

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Padipadi: 6:18pm On Oct 28, 2022
State of total shock and disbelief
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Eriokanmi: 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2022
madjune:

I don't pray for you to have any encounter before you dislodge your unbelief.

Years ago, I was once like you...that was until 1994.
I've narrated my experience here on Nairaland but I doubt if many can recall it.

You see, we humans aren't the only life forms( at least, physically) in this plane of existence...or expanding into the universe.

There's a lot uncovered by the human mind and only the unfortunate few are chanced a revelation and, to what purposes I can't fully explain.

This happened at the College of education, Akampka in 1994 where I was an IJMB student then, preparing for my jamb exams for a hopeful admission into Unical.
Now, ranging like 3 miles from the back of our male hostel was this river. It was a gently rolling river which meandered through narrow enclaves with fresh ferns and rock outcrops for one to bath or wash few clothes. We students went there for our baths, especially when the hostel taps seized running.
On looking back, I can recall that, the students who were natives of that region shunned going to this river.
Now, on this morning. Very early in the morning, the tap was out and we have this morning class coming up. My friend Jude and I hurried off to the river to have our bath. And as I can recall. As we walked down it's steep slope, down by the banks as we could see; a spectral form in the shape of an old woman with a lone stick tied to her head which she held with her hand stood out.
She kept coming uphill as we descended. We made nothing of it.
As we came closer to her, we noticed that from her trodden path, there came no sound.
She seemed to float above the ground. We didn't quite take stock of this abnormality till we passed her.
What we found strange was, as we passed her and proferred a greeting, she ignored us and moved on.

Now, within a step or two as we've passed and remarked to ourselves upon the woman's cold attitude; we turned to look around and fully call her into view. Could you believe it that the woman whom just took two steps was now more than two miles up the hill. And then, she stopped upon our gaze.

Her spectral form had an uncanny cast to it.
It seemed like all that morning fog and darkness tended to form a halo above her head and as she made to.look in our direction, we ran off into the bushes...we kept running and running until we got to the doors of our hostel...and made it to our individual rooms where we kept screaming and mumbling incoherently.
The whole students in the hostels gathered to hear our story and some of the natives had this knowing looks like they knew what we saw.

They wouldn't say much.

On that night we became sick and you know what, though we didn't share the same room or bed, more stranger was, we slept and dreamt...and had the same dream.

As we.woke the next day and recounted our dreams...it was like...
I believe you guy. MufasaLion can't be blamed for his unbelief because such a story is always hard to believe but it happens. You saw the ghost because you had never had sex with any girl before. At that age, you just left secondary school with your mind still unpolluted. Only those who have not stained their body with women or men wouid always see such a thing like that or those who have washed their face with juju . This life is a mystery. Only God can decipher it's forms.

Sometime in 1993, a friend of mine who just finished from secondary school had a similar experience. He's from ekiti and you know ekiti people for their occupation-farming. He was on his way to their farm to fetch some yam for the weekend. As soon as he left the town behind, he saw this man coming all alone from the farm, towards the outskirts of the town. It was a sunny, desolate and serene afternoon, around 1pm on a Friday as he described it. This man was human from his waist to his head but animal from his waist down. My friend said he was hearing his footsteps so audibly even though he was like 200m away from him. The closer he got, the louder the footsteps. By the time he now got closer, he greeted him, Good afternoon sir, but he said nothing. He repeated, Good afternoon sir, still no response. He said his head swelled and he was feeling uncomfortable. He now looked at him closely. This man didn't say a word till he disappeared from his face as he looked on.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by shantti(m): 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2022
MufasaLion:
Stop this stupid thing! Reincarnation is just a delusion.

What is stupid, his experience?
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by tsnoop(m): 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2022
Let leave Western education aside

There's recarnation before God create we humans there are some unseen spirit living on earth so when someone dies.. those Spirit make use of the body to do either good or bad but not all the time...

Just so you know there's life after THIS world when you die before going to heaven there's a certain place you'll be for some time (it's a spiritual place) ..

Check my page for super clean cars!!!
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by KeyEndurance: 6:20pm On Oct 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Pray for what exactly? undecided
Explain this please. undecided
Pray For God To Add More Disappearance for Him
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by shantti(m): 6:20pm On Oct 28, 2022
VKN23:

you saw his lookalike

So his lookalike could dissapper? wow
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Eberex(m): 6:20pm On Oct 28, 2022
One happened in federal government college Enugu, this was around the early 90s I think.

There is this guy, let me call him Emeka. He was the school best athletic and very popular. It was during the interhouse sport preparation too, so it was an exciting period for all students.
There is another crazy guy, I'll call Jude. You know the kind who plays and joke a lot. He goes to town every weekend to visit his relatives by jumping the school fence most times.

So it happens that Emeka slumped during the relay event. They rushed him to the medical center but didn't make it. The news went round but Jude wasn't around because my guy don go see him people.

The school was in sober mood.

Jude returned back to school on Monday evening. Due to the location of his route he had to pass through some classes where his friends usually study.

He entered the class and met couple of his friends all looking sad and gloomy. Being the funny type, he started hailing them. But when no one was returning his greetings,he took offence and asked them what was the problem with them.

"So you haven't heard?" one of them asked. Heard what!? He replied in anger.
"Emekus died last week on the field" they told him.
He was like "which kin yeye joke be this" una dey craze ni. Jude retorted and was beginning to get upset.
Others joined in and confirmed it saying it's true. Emekus is dead.

Jude was now very upset that he slammed his fist on the table and told them. While he was climbing the stairs to the classroom he met Emekus on his way down the stairs. He hailed him but that Emeka didn't utter a word but just walked pass him. So why would they be talking trash!

His friends were like "you are lying" "it's not true" "stop playing"

Jude was like how can I lie saying I saw Emekus? Are you all mad or something. But the reaction he was getting from them clearly showed they are not joking. It suddenly dawned on him that he just saw Emekus ghost.

His face grew white and he started shaking. Before he could utter anything, everyone packed their books and ran out of the classroom.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by camri: 6:20pm On Oct 28, 2022
Octopusssy:
Another Akudaya story
have you had an out of body experience b4?
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Goalnaldo(m): 6:21pm On Oct 28, 2022
VKN23:

you saw his lookalike
please come and tell us why his "lookalike" decided to disappear upon siting him.
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by camri: 6:22pm On Oct 28, 2022
Streett:
Must’ve been a traumatizing experience for Ya’..

I feel You jor… !

This Realm ain’t for the living alone
Shixt way too complex to comprehend
how fearful are you?
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Kajaard: 6:22pm On Oct 28, 2022
madjune:

I don't pray for you to have any encounter before you dislodge your unbelief.

Years ago, I was once like you...that was until 1994.
I've narrated my experience here on Nairaland but I doubt if many can recall it.

You see, we humans aren't the only life forms( at least, physically) in this plane of existence...or expanding into the universe.

There's a lot uncovered by the human mind and only the unfortunate few are chanced a revelation and, to what purposes I can't fully explain.

This happened at the College of education, Akampka in 1994 where I was an IJMB student then, preparing for my jamb exams for a hopeful admission into Unical.
Now, ranging like 3 miles from the back of our male hostel was this river. It was a gently rolling river which meandered through narrow enclaves with fresh ferns and rock outcrops for one to bath or wash few clothes. We students went there for our baths, especially when the hostel taps seized running.
On looking back, I can recall that, the students who were natives of that region shunned going to this river.
Now, on this morning. Very early in the morning, the tap was out and we have this morning class coming up. My friend Jude and I hurried off to the river to have our bath. And as I can recall. As we walked down it's steep slope, down by the banks as we could see; a spectral form in the shape of an old woman with a lone stick tied to her head which she held with her hand stood out.
She kept coming uphill as we descended. We made nothing of it.
As we came closer to her, we noticed that from her trodden path, there came no sound.
She seemed to float above the ground. We didn't quite take stock of this abnormality till we passed her.
What we found strange was, as we passed her and proferred a greeting, she ignored us and moved on.

Now, within a step or two as we've passed and remarked to ourselves upon the woman's cold attitude; we turned to look around and fully call her into view. Could you believe it that the woman whom just took two steps was now more than two miles up the hill. And then, she stopped upon our gaze.

Her spectral form had an uncanny cast to it.
It seemed like all that morning fog and darkness tended to form a halo above her head and as she made to.look in our direction, we ran off into the bushes...we kept running and running until we got to the doors of our hostel...and made it to our individual rooms where we kept screaming and mumbling incoherently.
The whole students in the hostels gathered to hear our story and some of the natives had this knowing looks like they knew what we saw.

They wouldn't say much.

On that night we became sick and you know what, though we didn't share the same room or bed, more stranger was, we slept and dreamt...and had the same dream.

As we.woke the next day and recounted our dreams...it was like...

You write well with good English. It's been long I've seen a properly composed post on this platform. Nice one cool

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by sylve11: 6:22pm On Oct 28, 2022
BATified2023:
cos u don’t believe it doesn’t make it fake

Many things are beyond d walls of classroom,u people will keep forming woke on what u know nothing about

I don't waste my time answering them. they Fooliiish people. cool

2 Likes

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by camri: 6:23pm On Oct 28, 2022
Ofadaman:
It may be his look alike or maybe you were hallucinating , these things happen
do you believe in god
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by camri: 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2022
BABANGBALI:
The boy na mumu, dem born am fir Nigeria, kill am for Nigeria, him still come back to Nigeria to continue to suffer under Buhari, him no see better country to go reincarnate instead of Nigeria? Mtcheeeeeeew
you don fùck ghost b4?
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by oluala881: 6:25pm On Oct 28, 2022
Bro, just becareful, there is nothing like re-incanation, it is a familiar spirit at work, to make you belief such and then start manipulating you with your belief. It's a demonic activities to drift you away from the truth. Please becareful and ignore it.

2 Likes

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by goslowgoslow(m): 6:26pm On Oct 28, 2022
VKN23:

you saw his lookalike
Exactly
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by SILVERLINES: 6:26pm On Oct 28, 2022
Onetenth:
I have never believed in reincarnation but my eyes did saw one yesterday

Here's the story:

Year 2020, I think around may according to his parents because I can't recollect, this neighbor of ours and close friend to my sibling was into cultism.
There's was a cult clash at ikorodu that year and he lost his life, I wasn't told I was there life when police released his corpse to his parents and I was even part of those who digged the grave he was buried. Two years ago oo..

Now, this is year 2022, I saw this boy at orile, he wanted to board the bus I was in with my girlfriend. Immediately we both saw each other I wanted to scream but I couldn't I don't know how. But everyone in the bus saw my reaction, this boy disappeared on that spot.

This isn't a made up story, if there's any nairalander at orile bustop around that time will testify to this.

Omo! I still can't believe what I saw, I cried till I got home, my girlfriend was shocked and speechless as well. How did he do that? How did he disappear in midst of people? Why is he not dead? There's obviously something spiritual about this that I'm not told.

His mom has been hospitalized since we got home and I explained everything that happened. He was her only child. This is so disheartening and scary as well

that wasn't reincarnation bro, that was his spirit clothing in another body. Sometimes when life is cut short at prime when he or she have not achieved his/her purpose on earth such life can metaphors into another body, stay for sometimes here on earth to complete his/her assignments designated.
This happens in many cases, some can choose to exist again through a different body and leave in another country and exist there.

1 Like

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by AdaAwka1: 6:27pm On Oct 28, 2022
Oloniyan:
I wouldn't have believe but my reasoning changed the day i saw my late mum.

The experience is out of this world.

Don't bother Mentioning me cos i won't explain.

Pls explain
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by goslowgoslow(m): 6:27pm On Oct 28, 2022
Astydan:
It real bro, my mum died in 2014 someone saw me at uba bank in 2020 start telling me my mum is a neighbor to her in same area, I was speechless
Have you gone to visit her?

1 Like

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by sonofElElyon: 6:28pm On Oct 28, 2022
Onetenth:
I have never believed in reincarnation but my eyes did saw one yesterday

Here's the story:

Year 2020, I think around may according to his parents because I can't recollect, this neighbor of ours and close friend to my sibling was into cultism.
There's was a cult clash at ikorodu that year and he lost his life, I wasn't told I was there life when police released his corpse to his parents and I was even part of those who digged the grave he was buried. Two years ago oo..

Now, this is year 2022, I saw this boy at orile, he wanted to board the bus I was in with my girlfriend. Immediately we both saw each other I wanted to scream but I couldn't I don't know how. But everyone in the bus saw my reaction, this boy disappeared on that spot.

This isn't a made up story, if there's any nairalander at orile bustop around that time will testify to this.

Omo! I still can't believe what I saw, I cried till I got home, my girlfriend was shocked and speechless as well. How did he do that? How did he disappear in midst of people? Why is he not dead? There's obviously something spiritual about this that I'm not told.

His mom has been hospitalized since we got home and I explained everything that happened. He was her only child. This is so disheartening and scary as well

Not him. Impostor spirit. Probably his familiar spirit when he was alive. Everyone has a guardian angel (from God) and familiar spirit from the kingdom of darkness. You can offend your guardian angel through your way of life so he leaves...
Even those who are called abiku are just familiar spirits of deceased people inhabiting newborn babes.. all the supposed cases of incarnation are manifestations of deceased people's familiar spirits in newborn children

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by camri: 6:28pm On Oct 28, 2022
mechanics:
Surely there is life after this earth, when one dies is either the soul of that person goes to hell or heaven and the body goes to the ground, then after the rapture the body will now join with the soul and goes to the final destination, read the Word of God well, reincarnation does not exist at all.
they say man is spirit in a material body. is it true?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply)

Woman Slaps Husband At LUTH Car Park Over Unclad Photo On His Phone (snapshots) / Husband Catches Nursing Wife Prostituting In Delta / 11-Year-Old Boy Maltreated By Stepmum: See The Highest Order Of Child Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.