Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,850 members, 7,945,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 03:07 AM

Why You Should Talk Right About Your Country. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You Should Talk Right About Your Country. (196 Views)

Abba Kyari: Was Kemi Olunloyo Right About Death In Aso Rock? / Kanu Could Be Right About Jubril- Picture / Is President Buhari Right About The Nigerian Media? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Talk Right About Your Country. by EmekaStanley: 12:33pm On Oct 27, 2022
Talking right, praying and hoping to see a better country is not optional. It is not even a duty you owe to the government; it is a duty you owe to yourself first.

This is because you cannot expect to reap the benefits of something that you have condemned with your mouth. It is words that form nothing into something.

It doesn't matter if you live outside the country, condemning your country is not right. You can criticize the government and individuals who run the government but never write off your country. Do not even question the fertility of your country.

Whatever you say about the fertility of your country affects whatever you reap out of it, whether there is a good government or not. The truth is, you are most likely to do well as an individual in a government that you spoke right about and believed in so much to fix your country. But the hack is, your basic sustenance in life is not dependent on any government. This is the reason some people get disappointed when government fails.

The moment you start questioning the fertility of your land or your nation, the productivity of your endeavors begins to shrink. Change is the only constant thing in life, and in all changes, we should be able to adapt, hope and still believe that the best of our nation is still in her.

For instance, I keep mentioning that Peter Obi is the better of all the candidates gunning for the Presidency. It is good that he wins so that the COMMUNAL prosperity of the nation will be set on the right path. That doesn't mean if he doesn't win, people will not prosper.

In this case, it is only people who deliberately key into personal principles of wealth building that will flourish., no matter how tough things get.

This land is fertile, it is green, and I will reap all the benefits of the land irrespective of who is in the government. You can personalize this too because it is true.

ES

Re: Why You Should Talk Right About Your Country. by SolidWind: 12:34pm On Oct 27, 2022
Every man is the chairman of his own opinion.

What is good is good. What is bad is bad. Say the truth. Pretense is bad.

Say what is good about your country. Do not deny the bitter truth about your country.
Re: Why You Should Talk Right About Your Country. by EmekaStanley: 12:38pm On Oct 27, 2022
SolidWind:
Every man is the chairman of his own opinion.

What is good is good. What is bad is bad. Say the truth. Pretense is bad.

Say what is good about your country. Do not deny the bitter truth about your country.
" You can criticize the government and individuals who run the government but never write off your country. Do not even question the fertility of your country."

I wrote this up there. That settles it.
Re: Why You Should Talk Right About Your Country. by SolidWind: 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2022
EmekaStanley:
" You can criticize the government and individuals who run the government but never write off your country. Do not even question the fertility of your country."

I wrote this up there. That settles it.
The key phrase is, "Talk right about your country". What do you think I miss in the post?
Re: Why You Should Talk Right About Your Country. by EmekaStanley: 1:23pm On Oct 27, 2022
SolidWind:
The key phrase is, "Talk right about your country". What do you think I miss in the post?
Your country is right. The bad things in there are caused by human factors.

Talking right about your country has nothing to do with not criticizing policies and policy makers. Talking right means speaking right and being optimistic about the natural endowments and possibilities which obviously your nation possesses

(1) (Reply)

If Not That Nairaland Does Not Support Betting, I Would Make Money From Tinubu's / A Caution And Alert Call By National Inland Waterways Authority / Shakira Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.