Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,079 members, 7,880,373 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:59 PM

I’m 43% Nigerian, Meghan Markle Opens Up. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I’m 43% Nigerian, Meghan Markle Opens Up. (287 Views)

My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone / Meghan Markle Furious That The Queen Banned Photographs Of Her Meeting Lilibet / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m 43% Nigerian, Meghan Markle Opens Up. by LEXYLOV: 1:56pm On Oct 27, 2022
The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, has opened up on her genetic heritage, revealing that she is 43% Nigerian.

Markle made this known in the latest episode of her podcast, Archetypes, where she expressed her desire to learn more about her roots, Mirrors reported on Tuesday.

In the episode, Markle discussed with American actress Issa Rae, Nigerian-American writer Ziwe Fumudoh, and professor Emily Bernards.

The Duchess of Sussex then stated that she took a genealogy test which revealed that she is 43% Nigerian.
When her guests asked her to share what the results entailed, the Duchess said, “I’m 43% Nigerian,” to the shock of Ziwe, who responded, “No way!”.

Ziwe further asked, “Are you serious? This is huge. Igbo, Yoruba, do we know?”

The Duchess of Sussex then answered, “I’m going to start to dig deeper into all of this because anyone that I’ve told, especially Nigerian women, are just like, what?”

The podcast revelation was the first time Meghan opened up about her ancestral background on the public stage.
Re: I’m 43% Nigerian, Meghan Markle Opens Up. by mariahAngel(f): 2:19pm On Oct 27, 2022
I don't believe Meghan Markle one bit.
She's always looking for new ways to seek attention.
Her father is white, and her mother looks quite mixed, so how can she possibly be 43% Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: I’m 43% Nigerian, Meghan Markle Opens Up. by begoniaa: 2:46pm On Oct 27, 2022
mariahAngel:
I don't believe Meghan Markle one bit.
She's always looking for new ways to seek attention.
Her father is white, and her mother looks quite mixed, so how can she possibly be 43% Nigerian?

I wonder, LMAO. grin

I quite like her, but this just seem... and a lot of women seem to be living vicariously through her. Putting this out here now will start another round of bickerings and criticism.

She should enjoy her Cinderella life with her Prince Charming, abeg, and stop whipping up race/nationality everytime.

1 Like

Re: I’m 43% Nigerian, Meghan Markle Opens Up. by mariahAngel(f): 4:00pm On Oct 27, 2022
begoniaa:

I wonder, LMAO. grin

I quite like her, but this just seem... and a lot of women seem to be living vicariously through her. Putting this out here now will start another round of bickerings and criticism.

She should enjoy her Cinderella life with her Prince Charming, abeg, and stop whipping up race/nationality everytime.

I believe she believes she's entitled to the world's attention every once in a while (I mean, she's the Duchess of Sussex). cheesy

Exactly. @ bolded.
Re: I’m 43% Nigerian, Meghan Markle Opens Up. by Richy4(m): 4:27pm On Oct 27, 2022
mariahAngel:

I believe she believes she's entitled to the world's attention every once in a while (I mean, she's the Duchess of Sussex). cheesy

Exactly. @ bolded.
I don't think she's seeking attention this time...If you understand family tree, u will never doubt her on this one...
Nigerians and some parts of Africa are lucky it's quite easy to track/ trace their roots.. it's not easy for some Europeans and some parts of America. They pay huge amount just for that information..

You should ask... Her mother seems black, how come? Does she have an origin? Who was her grand parents/ parents.. that might help u sum up the % she stipulated
Re: I’m 43% Nigerian, Meghan Markle Opens Up. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 27, 2022
Her maternal grandmother could be a Nigerian.
LEXYLOV:
The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, has opened up on her genetic heritage, revealing that she is 43% Nigerian.

Markle made this known in the latest episode of her podcast, Archetypes, where she expressed her desire to learn more about her roots, Mirrors reported on Tuesday.

In the episode, Markle discussed with American actress Issa Rae, Nigerian-American writer Ziwe Fumudoh, and professor Emily Bernards.

The Duchess of Sussex then stated that she took a genealogy test which revealed that she is 43% Nigerian.
When her guests asked her to share what the results entailed, the Duchess said, “I’m 43% Nigerian,” to the shock of Ziwe, who responded, “No way!”.

Ziwe further asked, “Are you serious? This is huge. Igbo, Yoruba, do we know?”

The Duchess of Sussex then answered, “I’m going to start to dig deeper into all of this because anyone that I’ve told, especially Nigerian women, are just like, what?”

The podcast revelation was the first time Meghan opened up about her ancestral background on the public stage.

(1) (Reply)

Inability To Hold Money / Aww This Lady Was Moved To Tears Because Of What They Did To Her! Watch This / “I Lost Her” – Nigerian Man Mourns As His Wife Dies 11 Days After Their Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.