Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,361 members, 7,910,843 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 06:03 PM

UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days (23206 Views)

United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days / UK Licenses 266 Nigerian Doctors In Two Months / Family And Friends Mourn Nigerian Woman Who Died 15 Days To Her Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days by Plattin: 4:36pm On Oct 28, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Nigeria is noting but upside down

It is beginning to be the most terrible place for one to practice his/her proffession. The place does not appreciate those using their talents, intellect, high technical skills to better humanity. Instead to insults and humiliate them.

The sciences generally, medical sector, the ICT sector, now our educational sector is under attack or threat of japaing.
I will like to know more about the likelihood of those in the educational sector leaving.
Are there countries in need of teachers?
Re: UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days by lexy2014: 4:56pm On Oct 28, 2022
Re: UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days by KingOfTheDamned: 5:01pm On Oct 28, 2022
Rilwayne001:

They are not paid well in the UK compared to the US

It is still better than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days by djon78(m): 5:27pm On Oct 28, 2022
Rilwayne001:

With the kain subsidy on tertiary education in Nigeria, Federal Government practically sent these doctors to school, because no where in the world do you study medicine and surgery with such small school fees being paid by MBBS students in Nigeria Universities.

They should be giving back to the society that train then, not run from it.

Education is expensive in advanced countries oh

If you want to keep them then pay them well

Not treating them like slaves

The government never see anything
Re: UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days by maasoap(m): 5:29pm On Oct 28, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:
This is the best time to be a Nigerian doctor in the UK

Nigerian medical students enjoyed highly subsidised tuition fees by the government, I don't know why the same government that heavily subsidised their tuition fees over the years couldn't pay them an attractive salaries and allowances so that our society can enjoy the benefits of subsidising their tuition fees.
Nigeria government just kept training all these doctors almost free of charge and only to carelessly allow the advanced countries to reap the huge benefits.
It is only in Nigeria you will see a medical student from a poor home finishing his medical course without incurring debts whatsoever. Not even in USA, UK and others can you enjoy such heavily subsidised tuition fees. Their students use most of their working years paying back their student loans. Sad!

1 Like

Re: UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days by LaSenior: 5:53pm On Oct 28, 2022
We are now left in the hands of this nurses turned doctor

1 Like

Re: UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days by vickydevoka(m): 6:12pm On Oct 28, 2022
Rilwayne001:

They are not paid well in the UK compared to the US
But still better than Nigeria
Re: UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days by egopersonified(f): 8:57pm On Oct 28, 2022
Romanoff:
Even our IT guys are japa-ing.

Most of the banking issues being experienced now is due to the exodus of the bank's IT staff.

Is this bank IT really the cause of network problems? You are the third person I am hearing this from.
Re: UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days by Romanoff(f): 9:09pm On Oct 28, 2022
egopersonified:

Is this bank IT really the cause of network problems? You are the third person I am hearing this from.

Trust me, it is.
Re: UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days by Ajibade123(m): 9:31pm On Oct 28, 2022
Amotolongbo:
If your children are leaving home to watch TV in the neighbourhood, the best way to put an end to that is to buy a TV.
Hmmmm
See wisdom
Re: UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days by 30naira: 9:36pm On Oct 28, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Nigeria is a breeding ground for skilled workers exploited abroad. They attended Nigerian schools, benefited from Nigerian University facilities and givernment reduced fees, only to be allowed by the same clueless givernment to take the skills abroad to work in a clime that didn't contribute a dime to those skills. No be mumu givernment be dat?

Indians , Chinese, Saudi and Co would do otherwise...aquire skills abroad to develop their countries back home. Why won't they be the best my people? We'd get it right someday. The crop of politicians we have today should be blamed for all these nonsense. All of them keep running to the west for medical treatment after collapsing Nigeria's health sector yet, their blind followers wouldn't reason along these lines of inequality and cheating. They're the ones patronising those empty hospitals.

Hide your ignorance please. There are more Indian doctors and nurses in UK than Nigerians. Government did not subsidise my training bike. I paid for the education.
Re: UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days by 30naira: 9:39pm On Oct 28, 2022
Rilwayne001:

With the kain subsidy on tertiary education in Nigeria, Federal Government practically sent these doctors to school, because no where in the world do you study medicine and surgery with such small school fees being paid by MBBS students in Nigeria Universities.

They should be giving back to the society that train then, not run from it.

Education is expensive in advanced countries oh

Government does not subsidise education in Nigeria please
Re: UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days by Eriokanmi: 9:59pm On Oct 28, 2022
30naira:

Hide your ignorance please. There are more Indian doctors and nurses in UK than Nigerians. Government did not subsidise my training bike. I paid for the education.
I'm not doubting that, the number even doubled since the advent of covid-19. I have people working as Dr and neonatal nurse respectively for nearly 10 years at St Mary's Children's Hospital in Manchester. They can't be wrong on the figure. The Indians you talked about are sending their money home to build Hospitals or convalescent homes. Eventually, they'd retire home and put the skills already acquired into practice.

What I meant by givernment subsidising education in Nigeria is, Nigerian universities charge less, compared to what's obtainable in the west. You're paying fees in the university, yes...but are you paying as much as those schooling abroad? There are fees here that government had waived, expecially on residency. The government pays them instead of them paying. Despite all these, the same government would still encourage them on leaving Nigeria to work overseas with poor pay for countries that didn't contribute a dime on their education. Isn't that foolishness? Why not keep them to be useful here by paying them well with good welfare package? ...that's my point
Re: UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days by Ijb11: 9:59pm On Oct 28, 2022
Good
Re: UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days by Uniquekriss(m): 10:17pm On Oct 28, 2022
My wife's younger sister left 2weeks ago, she's having a good time in Yorkshire county UK, the surest way to go.
Re: UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days by freeukline: 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2022
Amotolongbo:
If your children are leaving home to watch TV in the neighbourhood, the best way to put an end to that is to buy a TV.
Re: UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:35am On Oct 29, 2022
Plattin:

I will like to know more about the likelihood of those in the educational sector leaving.
Are there countries in need of teachers?
Yea very possible

Just like it happened during the time of Albert Einstein

It not easy to keep opening books for decades.
Many people do not have the time, energy, patience, discipline for that. Most people just want to have fun! Funny enough it is in books most of solutions came out from and will come from in the future.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Medical Supplies Arrive In India As Coronavirus Cases Hit New Records (Photos) / Police Arrest Fake Medical Doctor Akpoviri Vincent Jimmy Aka Dr. Charles Umeh / Treat Hormonal Imbalance Before Marriage – Medical Practitioner Advises Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.